Should social media be illegal for people under the age of 18?

• Social for you

Hi goodbye hi hello good hello bye hi guy hi be my hi so he sister brother mum dad say and by me too to let lie truth dare false opinion supercalifragilisticexpialadotious so hi bye now go going find treasure hunt easter christmas birthday you know fun you have no

• I don't think it should

I am a child on social media and it isn't that bad. The only Way that social media can be bad is if you use it for bad or inappropriate ways. If the child uses it for the ways you should use it, it is fine and clean to talk and see what your friends are doing.

• Ban every body

Should be banned for anyone under the age of 118 because theres not many people over that age, and the ones that are dont have any friends that are still alive, so they probably wont want to use it anyway. Also most people over the age of 118 cant bear the atrociously poor spelling and grammar that is used on social media.

• Use of social media should be age restricted

The use of social media below an age limit is really dangerous.. Because children today very well used to social websites. These social networking sites are useful but they make no sense before a child is matured enough to understand it. So parents should get aware of what there children are doing.

• Should be illegal for anyone under 19

18 year olds are still in high school. It's not a good idea for some high schoolers to still have access. Children under 19 will mostly be against it because they like using social media. Doesn't matter. Parents should keep them safe. Social media increases sex trafficking of teens, bullying, excessive chatting and posting with friends instead of focusing on school, creates poor work habits because they go into the work force attached to their phones, and so much more. All the blue light coming from the devices are not healthy, hard on eyes, now theres phone attachment addictions, the brain is still developing and developing choice making functions. Parents need to go back to raising their children instead of letting the children raise themselves. If the children want to talk to family write a letter or pick up a non smart phone, or their parent's cell phone.

• Social media controls their minds.

On social media websites you can like, comment , reply and god knows what. You have a choice...Or do you. The people who control these websites [hereafter known as the controllers] influence what they look at, whats on the front page. They're the ones that have the choice. They're being manipulated into thing. For example she liked it so I liked it even when I don't actually like it. What kind of parent could tolerate someone else raising their children

• Thats just stupid

This new idea or whatever is really dumb. Thats like banning cars because they can get you into car crashes olus parents teach their kids right from wrong online so really??/ its just plane dumb who even came up with this idea social media connects kids to the world ??/

• Yes it should because

Kids could possibly be stalked and they could possibly give out personal information without knowing it and they could be tricked into leaving to meet one of their online friends which is really a man trying to kidnap them and then their is no kid in your life to love and care for .

• Of course yes...

Facebook takes the control out of parents hands and lets children and teens get on there site and say horrible things. They allow children and teens to post nude and offensive pics and all kinds of disgraceful things no parent would want their children exposed to. I've tried to report pages and facebook does nothing. They're trying to drag our children straight down to hell.

• (positives overcome negatives)

The positive effects of social media are not as effective or dangerous as the negative effects.. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• According to the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION, it is technically illegal to ban social media from ANYBODY!!!

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

If the government takes away social media for minors, that wouldn't that be breaking the first amendment? Then, those minors wouldn't have the right of speech, freedom of press, right to petition, and the right to assemble. IT IS ILLEGAL ACCORDING TO THE CONSTITUTION!!!

• No social media should not be illegal for people under 18.

I believe that social media should not be illegal for people under the age of 18. Teenagers really rely on their Facebook, Twitter, etc. to keep in touch with their friends. It would be difficult to enforce if social media was illegal because it is so accessible. Instead, parents just need to teach their children to be responsbile when they go on those sites.

• Social media should not be illegal!

I think it should not be illegal for people under the age of 18. I think that because instead of making it illegal parents should follow their child. They should follow them to make sure nothing is inappropriate or if he/she is not being cyber bullied. That is why I think social media should not be illegal for people under the age of 18.

• Because its fun to see what ur friends r doing in ther life

I cant live without socail med it is like so my life, and like, its just amazin how much u can du on the medias, like instagram. Also its cool to see how meny likes i have to see how popular i am. That is why i love socail media.

• Social media is vital for kids to stay in touch with family and friends who live far away or who they don't see as much.

This is because via social media you can contact whoever this may be and stay in touch without using data or your parent's accounts. As you can see by allowing kids of all ages to have a social media account we can all benefit. A good bit of social media platforms is you can have a private account. This means only people can follow you with your permission, this is an extremely important feature for kids of the younger ages.

• I don't think it should

• I don't think it should

• I don't think it should

• It should not be banned

Social media lets children express themselves through pictures, videos, stories, and quotes. That can be beneficial to their emotional, sexual, and spiritual health. Kids need to be exposed to the world before college! Social Media is the way to do it, without being exposed parents will just be setting their child up for failure.

• No No No!

Social media is only used or only should be used to share what you are doing! It is also used to contact people! And should only be used for good, not bad! And yes it is illegal to ban social media! S O C I A L M E D I A !