• Companies have right to provide whatever content they see fit

Companies have the right to censor whatever they want from their products. If people don't like that censorship, they won't consume that particular product. I believe in total freedom of speech, and would personally boycott social media that censored general free speech. But it's up to companies to be able to control their products.

• I like censorship

I think social media should be censored because I don't think the world should know about the bad things that happen in the world. This may give the people nightmares at night. The world is a very scary thing. There are so much bad things that happen all around us. I think everything should be censored

• Response to companies should censor news (2nd argument for)

Of course companies have this right, but when you take a political stance on the matter, who has the right to limit out knowledge. We are supposed to be a democratic country but if these social media sites or the government censor the news and give us a fake account of what goes on we will fall into communism which is what is happening now!!! You believe in freedom of speech so why cant the media speak up and tell us the truth about the world and society we live in. To vote "for" in this argument shows that you gave been brainwashed by the government and that is what they want!!!

• No, the news should not be censored.

Social media sites should not censor legitimate news. Hate speech, threats and harassment should be censored, but not actual news. There is no reason to limit news coverage on social media sites, and many people use them as a news source in addition to using them as entertainment. There is nothing to be gained from censoring the news.

• It will leave us clueless and dumb-founded

It leaves us clueless to some things, leaves gaps in our perception of the world and what happens in it. Information is what keeps the human mind thinking, understanding, comprehending, and most importantly knowing. This is one of the many reasons why censorship can ruin you, and your nation as a whole.

• No I don't think so.

I do not think that a social media site should have to censor the news. I think that makes it so that people would not trust what they are hear and think the media is unreliable. I think we should be able to have all the information just be prepared to take it.

• Freedom of the Press

Social media sites shouldn't censor news as there is freedom of the press. Certain countries like Iran and China have Internet censorship in place all the time. However, news websites offer too much advertising revenue to social media sites in order for them to be blocked. Social networks have to make money somehow and the more sites that connect to them, the more money they make.

• Social Media Sites Should Not Censor News

I prefer that no one censor news for me. I would rather read it and make my own decisions then having someone else make them for me. I think social media sites should take more time to censor the abundant amounts of fraud that pop up on their sites on a daily basis.

• Social media sites shouldn't censor news

Social media sites should not censor news. This is because the news should never be censored in the first place. The right to the truth is a right that everybody should have. Knowledge is a commodity, and people should never censor knowledge or truth. This is why social media sites should never censor the news.

• They just need disclaimers

Social Media websites require the user to be a certain age in order to join. I believe that age limit is 13, and at that age, the young person is more than old enough to follow the news and be aware of current affairs. I feel the news ads would just need a warning/disclaimer.

• Freedom of Speech should also apply on social networks.

Censorship of news and political opinions is always wrong and that includes social media and the rest of the internet. People should be free to share information and ideas without hindrance from any company or government. However dangerous certain ideas of information may seem to someone, censorship is even more dangerous.