Should social networking be banned for school children?

• Nah fam .

Socil media bad not good. Pepol kil themselves. No sweg ksvgzvljbh b b. B b b bob Hahn bulb h by b he by b be. B b b b be. Be. B b bhbjxbzjfbabz,jhbfvjzvf fhjz vfjvzjhvb fhjz vh he zjvh fhjz just djhzvzj favor Jed vv d vfhjdhvf vjdfhbhf

• Too Early to be Exposed to the Dangers of the Cyberworld

School Children are young, their minds are innocent, and most of them do still lack judgement. Even if a child claims that he himself is ready to venture in the world of the internet, it will be most likely that they are not. Children are easily influenced by the outside world, strangers, and today's media. If we let out children become exposed to the dangers of social media, to be influenced and convinced by strangers who they never met; it may lead to very tragic events. We already have many problems in this age about our young youths, we should not let there be more.

• No. Kids could be devastated.

Kids should not be banned. What if kids have families far away? How can they get in touch if their phones can't reach? Banning social media means banning kids form seeing their families, even if it means seeing them in pictures. And talking to them, how? And what about when you really like something (like Divergent which I really REALLY like) and want to share your fondness? You're going to use your parents account? No! Kids should not be banned. It takes away too many opportunities.

• Too young for the eyes

The domino effect will happen if young children have social media. If one finds something inappropriate for them, he or she may tell their friends or search even deeper finding stuff on the internet that they should not be seeing at their young age. END THIS NOW BEFORE IT GETS WORSE!!!

• I Agree Yassss

Because I like more butts and I cant lie. I like apples and I cant deny.When the pretty girls walks in with apple pies. My mom made apple pies. I love apple pies. I like eating apple pies, and I dont know why. Thats My story of butts and lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Students are in danger

If a student is posting pics at school then they could accidently have some one else in the photo that could be in danger like for example if some one was looking for the child that was accidently in the photo and some kids have a court order that says they cant have their picture taken don't get me wrong internet is good for school research but things like snap chat instagram and facebook should not be allowed in school.

• Yes it should

I like big butts and i can not lie, they taste like apple pie, because people get kidnapped and they die for apple pie. My other brother would have denied. But the chicks have layed and fried. I and that is the reason i died cause i lied and denied

• Yes it should

• Kids should be able to use social media

Of course kids should be able to use social media. It's not even that bad. There are a lot of worse things out there than students using social media, like that little drinking problem that some of you have. So before you try to nitpick about children and social media, think about your own problems instead of trying to think you are all that just because you are an adult.

• Frnds and skills

Social media stops children from connecting with people in person and developing those important social skills. Children need to get outside and exercise and have fun with their REAL friends, not just people that post pictures they like. Children under the age of 18 already have plenty of technology skills and don't need anymore. There are kids under the age of 10 that design apps. Social media will not give you real friends. You have to actually meet in person and hang out to get that kind of bond. Not to mention that it is more polite and family-like to actually call your family members. Just because there is social media doesn't our phones don't call people anymore.

• Cxv ggg ggg

No, it shouldn't be banned. I have recently used this page to write a report and I have found that even though there are many strong arguments saying it should be banned, the arguments on the No side are stronger. Social media can be harmful sometimes, but it is really very beneficial to a school student.

• We are in a free country

We are in a free country and that means we have to the choice to do what we want to do. No one can stop us from using social networking sites as it is like i said a free country. We all have our rights and no one can prevented from doing so

• Kill 2 birds with one stone

Since I am in high school, I should know that students will still be able to access these sites on their cell phones and from what I've seen, they do so against school rules anyway. So, why not kill two bird with one stone and allow this to be done ONLY during and for educational purpose and when its permitted by a teacher or staff.

• Freedom of expression

Social media create an environment that is free of judgement,every one is entitled to their opinion in social media and thus creating an open environment where students can share information from different people ,this creates a surrounding where students can communicate openly without fear of judgement ,therefore social medial should be allowed in schools.

• No, it shouldn't be banned.

I have recently used this page to write a report and I have found that even though there are many strong arguments saying it should be banned, the arguments on the No side are stronger. Social media can be harmful sometimes, but it is really very beneficial to a school student.

• Not neccescary to ban

Let them talk with all their friends! I have an account and its not dangerous, plus there is always the option of private accounts. They wont get in any danger unless they go looking for it, they just want to share pictures with the world. There are not that many stalkers out there unless you look for them.

• Don't ban social networking sites

I don't think they should ban social networking sites for children because i think its good for children to talk to their friends and family especially if they are long distance.I'm a kid and i like Facebook because there are really good maths and spelling games for children so they should let children play them and shouldn't ban them

• You should not ban anything from someone.

Social media shouldn't be banned, because many people will use it and interact with each other. If social media was banned, there would be people arguing because there would be no chance of people trying to talk across the world. This is outrageous, social media should not be banned for this reason and other reasons.

• No!

Banning something doesn't make it go away no, social networking should not be banned for school children. If anything, it should be taught, along with the dangers that come with it. You can’t ban everything. Banning social networking would just make it that much more desirable. Social networking is a fact of life and is here to stay so we might as well acknowledge it and teach our children how to correctly and safely use it.

• I don't think that social networking sites should be banned

Because it is a very common way of contacting and communicating with our worldwide friends and families. People may use social networking sites to express who they are to the world, and that might make individuals feel really good about themselves. Social networking sites are very popular all over the world. Facebook has over 1.5 billion accounts. If Facebook was a country it would be the fifth biggest country in the world! And that's only Facebook!!

Quan says2013-06-12T14:36:29.580
Ban kids from social interaction? Great idea! It's also nice to see the fear mongering about the Internet is still alive and well.
emma71 says2014-03-18T13:58:44.603
I think that to Quan