Should social networking be banned for school children?

• Nah fam .

Socil media bad not good. Pepol kil themselves. No sweg ksvgzvljbh b b. B b b bob Hahn bulb h by b he by b be. B b b b be. Be. B b bhbjxbzjfbabz,jhbfvjzvf fhjz vfjvzjhvb fhjz vh he zjvh fhjz just djhzvzj favor Jed vv d vfhjdhvf vjdfhbhf

• Too Early to be Exposed to the Dangers of the Cyberworld

School Children are young, their minds are innocent, and most of them do still lack judgement. Even if a child claims that he himself is ready to venture in the world of the internet, it will be most likely that they are not. Children are easily influenced by the outside world, strangers, and today's media. If we let out children become exposed to the dangers of social media, to be influenced and convinced by strangers who they never met; it may lead to very tragic events. We already have many problems in this age about our young youths, we should not let there be more.

• No. Kids could be devastated.

Kids should not be banned. What if kids have families far away? How can they get in touch if their phones can't reach? Banning social media means banning kids form seeing their families, even if it means seeing them in pictures. And talking to them, how? And what about when you really like something (like Divergent which I really REALLY like) and want to share your fondness? You're going to use your parents account? No! Kids should not be banned. It takes away too many opportunities.

• Too young for the eyes

The domino effect will happen if young children have social media. If one finds something inappropriate for them, he or she may tell their friends or search even deeper finding stuff on the internet that they should not be seeing at their young age. END THIS NOW BEFORE IT GETS WORSE!!!

• I Agree Yassss

Because I like more butts and I cant lie. I like apples and I cant deny.When the pretty girls walks in with apple pies. My mom made apple pies. I love apple pies. I like eating apple pies, and I dont know why. Thats My story of butts and lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Students are in danger

If a student is posting pics at school then they could accidently have some one else in the photo that could be in danger like for example if some one was looking for the child that was accidently in the photo and some kids have a court order that says they cant have their picture taken don't get me wrong internet is good for school research but things like snap chat instagram and facebook should not be allowed in school.

• Yes it should

I like big butts and i can not lie, they taste like apple pie, because people get kidnapped and they die for apple pie. My other brother would have denied. But the chicks have layed and fried. I and that is the reason i died cause i lied and denied

• Yes it should

• Kids should be able to use social media

Of course kids should be able to use social media. It's not even that bad. There are a lot of worse things out there than students using social media, like that little drinking problem that some of you have. So before you try to nitpick about children and social media, think about your own problems instead of trying to think you are all that just because you are an adult.

• Frnds and skills

Social media stops children from connecting with people in person and developing those important social skills. Children need to get outside and exercise and have fun with their REAL friends, not just people that post pictures they like. Children under the age of 18 already have plenty of technology skills and don't need anymore. There are kids under the age of 10 that design apps. Social media will not give you real friends. You have to actually meet in person and hang out to get that kind of bond. Not to mention that it is more polite and family-like to actually call your family members. Just because there is social media doesn't our phones don't call people anymore.

• Cxv ggg ggg

No, it shouldn't be banned. I have recently used this page to write a report and I have found that even though there are many strong arguments saying it should be banned, the arguments on the No side are stronger. Social media can be harmful sometimes, but it is really very beneficial to a school student.

• We are in a free country

We are in a free country and that means we have to the choice to do what we want to do. No one can stop us from using social networking sites as it is like i said a free country. We all have our rights and no one can prevented from doing so

• Kill 2 birds with one stone

Since I am in high school, I should know that students will still be able to access these sites on their cell phones and from what I've seen, they do so against school rules anyway. So, why not kill two bird with one stone and allow this to be done ONLY during and for educational purpose and when its permitted by a teacher or staff.

• Freedom of expression

Social media create an environment that is free of judgement,every one is entitled to their opinion in social media and thus creating an open environment where students can share information from different people ,this creates a surrounding where students can communicate openly without fear of judgement ,therefore social medial should be allowed in schools.

• Why Should it be Banned??

Social-Media not be banned as it helps us contact people worldwide. Without social media friends and family living different countries would not be able to contact each other and chat a daily basis or even see what the getting up to by checking Facebook or Instagram. Social-Media connections around the world if you took social media away children would still use it by making fake profiles online. It's virtually impossible to ban it as people would lie about their ages but why would you want to? Children use social media to make friends online and to speak to other children from other schools that they can't speak to or play with at school everyday. Children may not have the best social life what social life online is better than no social life at all. Children with disabilities or children who live in the countryside that can't go out and play with their friends every night can play online on consoles including PlayStation or Xbox or on their phones they can all chat on platforms including; Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Oovoo and Twitter! What's the point in buying social media? As it gives children a social life that every child should have the right too. You should let children make their mistakes so that it doesn't happen again in later life.

Technology today is fantastic! Today teachers and students can communicate online without any issues. Homework can be set online and handed in online which saves paper getting lost or it being forgotten about. As the day before you get a handy notification reminding you homework is set for tomorrow. Handing online also saves paper and trees everyone and everything can be accessed online and homework can be completed easier by having help websites like Wikipedia or BBC Bitesize. Homework can be set and accessed by MyMaths, Active Learn or Show My Homework by one click of a button. It allows student to access vital information at home rather then having to with for an hour for a computer at the library or needing a book that someone else is already borrowing if you took away social media how would children complete homework to the best of their ability is they don't have the resources to do so. If you take away social media who knows what children would do.

By Joshua Moore - Age: 13

• To Talk With Parents

Ever think that when we ban students from schools, that the school might have to set an example and also not use social media? What happens when schools just keep sending papers that students just lose in their backpacks? Like another comment said, schools see themselves as information gate-keepers. They aren't going to let anyone else in or out.

• Definitely not at all

Firstly,there are many learning programmes that children learn from
    e.G Khan Academy or Mathletics. There can be many types of things that teach children.

Secondly,if you would need information for things, you could go straight onto Wikipedia or if you were to find the definition of a word it would be WAY FASTER THAN FLIPPING THROUGH AT LEAST 500 PAGES!!!

Lastly,if you have a relationship that is in a place far away from your own country,it can be easy to contact them by face aswell!!

• Stupidity Rules the World

I'm sorry - but most of the arguments in the 'yes' section are rather stupid. I really wonder if the people who are 'for' the ban are actual parents? Some of the arguments are ridden with spelling and gramatical errors that truly make it cringe.
    The selling of drugs/weapons and so forth doesn't happen over social media. It happens through craigslist though - but do you see thirteen year old asking for sex on craigslist?
    The banning of social media won't help/change the youth or today. It'd only make it something that students and kids would be curious to do - like drugs, smoking, alcohol (all of which have age restrictions planted on them).

• Social networking should not be banned for children

I don't think social networking should be banned for school children because after a whole day's school the children feel refreshed by using social networking sites .In spite of having homework loads for children when they use these sites they feel tension free .Social networking sites are famous all over the world so every one wants to use it .After all childrens are the pillars of the nation and they should know the use of social network.So,social networking should not be banned for school children

Quan says2013-06-12T14:36:29.580
Ban kids from social interaction? Great idea! It's also nice to see the fear mongering about the Internet is still alive and well.
emma71 says2014-03-18T13:58:44.603
I think that to Quan