Should social networking be banned for school children?

• Too Early to be Exposed to the Dangers of the Cyberworld

School Children are young, their minds are innocent, and most of them do still lack judgement. Even if a child claims that he himself is ready to venture in the world of the internet, it will be most likely that they are not. Children are easily influenced by the outside world, strangers, and today's media. If we let out children become exposed to the dangers of social media, to be influenced and convinced by strangers who they never met; it may lead to very tragic events. We already have many problems in this age about our young youths, we should not let there be more.

• Too young to die

Children can't escape any bulling and young children are resulting in taking there own lives because of no escape. Children and young adults need to be protected . It's too easy to target people and ruin children's lives, lots of children have mobiles so are constantly being bullied. Action needs to be taken we can't loose more lives .

• Absolutely - Let's Stop Making Our Kids Stupid

This goes hand in hand with the use of computers and/or smartphones. Our kids are exposed to far more mature content than they are ready for. Especially when you consider how many elementary school children own their own iPhones and smartphones of all kinds. Is that really necessary? We might as well allow them to watch R rated movies along with the rest of us in the movie theaters. If you took a poll like this one and asked how many 7 year olds should be allowed to go watch R rated films, the results would surely be in favor of NOT allowing it. But now, with every freak and his dog on Facebook and Twitter, kids should also be allowed? I'm shocked!

• Yes, they are bad for kids.

Basically many social networks are really dangerous for everyone and especially kids because they are still growing and don't know how to be strong, and say no to something that they don't like. So social networks should totally not be in the whole world. It has committed suicide. So kids really have to be careful with that.

• Cyber-bullying and other dangers can hurt young children.

There are people who roam the internet and can take advantage of photos and comments online regarding a young child. Young children often don't know how to tell people to stop it, or that it is annoying them. Cyber-bullying and other bad things can go on for ages if the scared children are too frightened to speak up. Young children often aren't very aware of their digital footprint and do not know how permanent things are when you stick them online. Young children just don't understand the consequences of their actions and are too frightened to speak up if something bad happens on one of these social networks.

• But that doesn't mean it is justifiable

I believe most bullying, teenage suicide, and depression begin via online social networking sites. I think kids are taking advantage of this easy, convenient, and sometimes anonymous ways of hurting each other. I think there should be strict limitations on age and parental supervision and allowances involved in young youth cases.

• Yes it should be banned for those younger than 14

Children shouldn't be focusing on what is happening on their Facebook page or twitter account. They should be focusing on school. And really anyone who is not in high school should nt even have social net work accounts in the first place since that is where cyber bulling will occur and they cannot escape that as easily as they can escape bullying from school.

• It should be banned

I'm not saying social media should be banned for high schoolers, but for grade schoolers it proves to be useless and not important. No kid needs to worry about their twitter and facebook in grade school. Also social media hurts kids social skills because it gets the kids addicted to their phones and having conversations only on facebook and not in real life.

• School Children Should be banned.

School children should be banned of any social networking. You don't know who is the other person on the other side of that screen. They can and could be talking to. On Facebook even if you have privacy settings on private they can still message you and could pretend to be a school child's parent but when they are not at all. Pedophiles main thing they use now is any social networking such as Facebook asking and paying on young girls well I am sorry I'm not having my step son and daughter and even my other daughter on when I know pedophiles ask them anything such as what is your age and where do you live and then I quote such as "I am Georgia's dad, she is planning a little birthday party and I wondering if you would like to come, I have spoke to your parents and they said you can come, I'll pick you up at end of your street". Then the parents will be angry sad and upset but it is all down to them for allowing and letting them be on social networking. No I am against it all together.

Facebook has loads of pornography sites and links to go to see sexual films and letting young children see that no way at all. Anything can happen such as getting harassed and bullied do you really want that to happen I know I don't. But school children are to young why have them in front of a computer/laptop/smartphone when they have good imagination, when I was young I was always running around even working on the farm not in front of the TV and now I have a successful businesses and even do gigs as I am a music performer, so I say NO to it not a chance that I will have my children and step children on any social network.

• Stalkers around the world

With Social Media comes the low-down, nasty mean comments formerly known as bullying. Some dumb kid who has no life will decide that it is alright to ruin someone else's life because he thinks it is funny, you're probably thinking what kind of kid would do that but that’s what usually happens in our modern day world. We DO NOT want children being exposed to some many cruel things on the thing that they play video-games on.

• Cxv ggg ggg

No, it shouldn't be banned. I have recently used this page to write a report and I have found that even though there are many strong arguments saying it should be banned, the arguments on the No side are stronger. Social media can be harmful sometimes, but it is really very beneficial to a school student.

• We are in a free country

We are in a free country and that means we have to the choice to do what we want to do. No one can stop us from using social networking sites as it is like i said a free country. We all have our rights and no one can prevented from doing so

• Kill 2 birds with one stone

Since I am in high school, I should know that students will still be able to access these sites on their cell phones and from what I've seen, they do so against school rules anyway. So, why not kill two bird with one stone and allow this to be done ONLY during and for educational purpose and when its permitted by a teacher or staff.

• Freedom of expression

Social media create an environment that is free of judgement,every one is entitled to their opinion in social media and thus creating an open environment where students can share information from different people ,this creates a surrounding where students can communicate openly without fear of judgement ,therefore social medial should be allowed in schools.

• No, it shouldn't be banned.

I have recently used this page to write a report and I have found that even though there are many strong arguments saying it should be banned, the arguments on the No side are stronger. Social media can be harmful sometimes, but it is really very beneficial to a school student.

• Not neccescary to ban

Let them talk with all their friends! I have an account and its not dangerous, plus there is always the option of private accounts. They wont get in any danger unless they go looking for it, they just want to share pictures with the world. There are not that many stalkers out there unless you look for them.

• Don't ban social networking sites

I don't think they should ban social networking sites for children because i think its good for children to talk to their friends and family especially if they are long distance.I'm a kid and i like Facebook because there are really good maths and spelling games for children so they should let children play them and shouldn't ban them

• You should not ban anything from someone.

Social media shouldn't be banned, because many people will use it and interact with each other. If social media was banned, there would be people arguing because there would be no chance of people trying to talk across the world. This is outrageous, social media should not be banned for this reason and other reasons.

• No!

Banning something doesn't make it go away no, social networking should not be banned for school children. If anything, it should be taught, along with the dangers that come with it. You can’t ban everything. Banning social networking would just make it that much more desirable. Social networking is a fact of life and is here to stay so we might as well acknowledge it and teach our children how to correctly and safely use it.

• I don't think that social networking sites should be banned

Because it is a very common way of contacting and communicating with our worldwide friends and families. People may use social networking sites to express who they are to the world, and that might make individuals feel really good about themselves. Social networking sites are very popular all over the world. Facebook has over 1.5 billion accounts. If Facebook was a country it would be the fifth biggest country in the world! And that's only Facebook!!

Quan says2013-06-12T14:36:29.580
Ban kids from social interaction? Great idea! It's also nice to see the fear mongering about the Internet is still alive and well.
emma71 says2014-03-18T13:58:44.603
I think that to Quan