• Soft Drinks Represent One of the Greatest Health Threats to the Human Species

With 30 million diabetics and 80 million pre-diabetics, it's very clear that the United States' decision to support the free market above all else has had a major detrimental effect to the welfare of its people.

We can no longer ignore the obvious: too much sugar is killing us. Coca-Cola, Pepsi, and other major soft drink beverage companies have retaliated against government attempts at reducing the consumption of soda by insisting that people have the right to make their own decisions. Furthermore, Coca-Cola insists that it it is part of the solution - not the problem - in the fight against obesity. What a crock! Paying millions of dollars to celebrities to endorse your product and bombarding the airwaves with ads telling the consumer that Coca-Cola or Pepsi is the cornerstone of a happy life has completely skewed the public perception about what is normal, what is healthy, and what is accepted.

What we do know is that the American Medical Association has recommended that the average male limit his consumption of sugar to 45 grams per day, while the average women should only take in 30 grams per day.

One 12 ounce can of Pepsi contains 41 grams of sugar. As per the recommendation of the AMA, women should not consume even one glass of Pepsi a day. Not even one.

And neither should men. We know that we should instead consume fruits and vegetables, not highly refined sugar that cause major blood sugar spikes when consumed, thus forcing the pancreas to work harder to regular levels.

We are facing a major health crisis. Type 2 Diabetes is a terrible enough disease on its own, but at to that the fact that it is considered a major risk factor for Pancreatic cancer (the worst type of cancer a human can be diagnosed with considering the extremely poor survival rates), and we now know something has to be done.

Diet sodas don't cut it. They trick the body into releasing insulin anyway, thus putting pressure on the pancreas.

In a single word, soda is poison.

But we live in a society where it is currently accepted, just like smoking used to be.

Either the soda makers make some drastic changes to their formula, or they must end their production of this garbage and move onto to something healthier. If that doesn't happen, banning soft drinks will be a very real consideration soon.

The only issue there is in banning a product is that it creates a black market and organized crime. And this is not because banning a product is immoral, but that people who consider their freedoms to be the paragon of all existence will smuggle in soda or brew that crap in their bathtubs just to make a point.

• Soft drinks should be totally banned

Soft drinks contain many unwanted particles and impurities. It also causes cancer. Soft drinks contain chemicals from Ajinomoto which are very harmful to our body..
    Study by the Centre for Science and Environment, an NGO, has claimed that bottled soft drinks contain deadly pesticides. Soft drink giants Coca-Cola and PepsiCo have, however, refuted the findings and are contemplating legal action against the NGO.

• They are a major health hazard!

There is no nutritional value in soft drinks, only detrimental ingredients. They are full of sugar, most contain caffeine and they fill the stomach and take the place of good nutrients. Americans consume too many soft drinks and don't drink enough of what our bodies need...Water! Not to mention the fact that they cause obesity.

• YES!!!!!!!! they cause so much wrongs and problems by banning soft drinks we are getting rid of bigger problems

Soft drinks cause mild headaches that soon become alot more then mild they become so painful that the soft drinks cause larger problems than any other substance that includes alcohol and drugs. It has also been found that soft drinks can cause memory loss and can reduce the life expectancy any individual person. Children that have a high intake of soft drinks tend to have shorter attention spans and therefore lower I.Qs. Soft drinks also cause children to become obese very young I mean just look at America I'm an American citizen and I have never taken a soft drink I am very thin all my friends do and they are "huge" I'm just putting it out there that soft drinks are not good and must be banned! I think we should start with banning them in schools then public places and then everywhere!

• They should be banned!

Soft drinks are just like candies but liquid candies. They are unhealthy especially for children. Not only because the regular ones are loaded with sugar, but because of the other adverse effects all these soft drinks have on people's health. Not only that but soon we will have no space to walk in the streets and parks because there will be bottles and cans lying around.

• Fizzy drink are bad

Soft Drinks Represent One of the Greatest Health Threats to the Human Species With 30 million diabetics and 80 million pre-diabetics, it's very clear that the United States' decision to support the free market above all else has had a major detrimental effect to the welfare of its people.

In a single word, soda is poison.

By Taylor Swift xx

• It contains too much sugar

Soda contains sugar, and according to research, consuming too much sugar will makes our brains works slow and getting stupid. Also, sugar makes people getting fat and losing health. Students in america are tend to be fat then any other countries, so as the solution to solve it, soft drink soda should be banned.

• It contains too much sugar

• Soda equals DEATH , OBESITY AND DIEABETIC

Don't you ever think that the deadly pesticide in the soda is killing your children family and YOU . It might taste nice but think how many chemicals were used to get that taste . Sugar is deadly . Eat to much and you could be six foot underground not seeing your future that you could've had . Obesity is an other problem . Diabetes also cause blindness and also amputations . So please help and try to put a tax on sugar . It doesn't mean we are banning sugar it means we are stopping you from dying .

• No fizzy drinks

It has so much sugar it can give you diabetes for 1 and cancer for men it would be 40 percent a chance and for women it gives you a breast cancer of a percentage of 1 so it has so many side effects I say don't drink fizzy drinks

• Soda should not be banned!

Even though obesity kills about 10% of adults, all kids work out daily. If you drink soda evryday, then you will get obese. But that is your choice if you want to become 300 pounds. Honestly, they can banned soda, but that will stop NO ONE from drinking soda!!! DO NOT BANNED SODA!! BANNED BEER IF ANYTHING!!

• Anything unhealthy would also have to be banned.

It is part of human free will to choose whether to consume healthy food and beverages or not. Although, one can concede soda is in no way a nutritional substance, people have the right to choose to drink it whether in moderation or in excess. Therefore, no, cola should not be banned. For that reason, and the fact that it's a silly thing to bother regulating. We have bigger problems!

• I think we should not treat adults like children.

I think we should not treat adults like children. If there is really someone out there who cannot stop drinking soft drinks, then that person should seek help immediately. However for the majority of our population, drinking too much soft drinks is not an issue, we need to focus on real issues, not minor ones like banning soft drinks.

• We Shouldn't Ban Them

Banning soft drink sodas is wrong. Just saying it sounds ridiculous. People have the right to drink whatever they want. If someone chooses a soft drink over a more healthier beverage option then that is their decision. Banning a certain type of drink isn't going to change much if anything at all.

• I Like My Rights!

Once the Government bans stuff like this, they will start banning other things. For Example: They could ban Ice Cream, Pizza, and many tasty foods. Yes, obesity is a problem but the people make those choices. If they don't want to be fat they should eat healthier. Why Should the government make make our choices.

• People should be able to make independent choices, soda poses no major health risk like cigarettes or hard drugs.

People should have the freedom to make their own choices, every year we get to make less and less of our own decisions because of increasing government regulation and our increasingly conformist society. The government is not our mothers. Although drinking a lot of regular soda can be harmful and cause obesity, people should still have a right to drink it and have free refills on it and all of that. I love soda! It's great. What good would banning something, something so popular and with little direct health consequences, do? A soda black market would pop up in a flash. One should mind their own business and just let people make their own choices. You don't have to drink it and neither do others who agree with the ban. Soda isn't like crack or heroin, it's just basically junk food that makes people fat if they have too much. There's better things to make laws against.

• Soda should not be banned

It has been approved that soda has caused cancer to mice but not yet a humane figure. Also no one can stop soda from being sold because of the Coke and Pepsi companies have a massive amount of money and popularity. Also if soda is banned, it will be a black market item all around the world. All though it causes obesity, that is the persons fault who drinks the soda and it is not the biggest cause of obesity from all around the world. Although it may be unhealthy to drink, no one can stop people from drinking it. Even though that soda cans and bottles are littered everywhere, that is a different thing that is easier to stop than people drinking it. I understand that people do want it to be banned due to the fact that it is pretty unhealthy but chocolate milk has just about as much sugar, if not more than soda and other soft drinks. Also I get that sugar is unhealthy but we do need a certain amount of sugar every day for our bodies to function correctly (well our blood sugar). Also if you bring coffee into this conversation, it is worse than most soft drinks from around the world although it may vary around depending on how much sugar, caramel, creamer, etc. Beer is also a very common drink among adults and even some kids or teenagers. If we are going to bring up another subject about if a drink should be banned, think of some other choices first. Also to claim this, I want to state that this is more than mine, not yours. Also I want to state that the Puffer Fish in Walmart should be sold for a price of at least $10.00

Sincerely, The Greatest Puffer fish Lover Out There.

• I love soda!!!!

I love soda I love soda and idc if i get fat ill work out to lose the weight and if i get fat thats my business tbh no one should worry about my weight i love my body any way it it and if you don't like it look a different way. COMMENT IF YOU AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I love soda!!!!

• I love soda!!!!