• Soft Drinks Represent One of the Greatest Health Threats to the Human Species

With 30 million diabetics and 80 million pre-diabetics, it's very clear that the United States' decision to support the free market above all else has had a major detrimental effect to the welfare of its people.

We can no longer ignore the obvious: too much sugar is killing us. Coca-Cola, Pepsi, and other major soft drink beverage companies have retaliated against government attempts at reducing the consumption of soda by insisting that people have the right to make their own decisions. Furthermore, Coca-Cola insists that it it is part of the solution - not the problem - in the fight against obesity. What a crock! Paying millions of dollars to celebrities to endorse your product and bombarding the airwaves with ads telling the consumer that Coca-Cola or Pepsi is the cornerstone of a happy life has completely skewed the public perception about what is normal, what is healthy, and what is accepted.

What we do know is that the American Medical Association has recommended that the average male limit his consumption of sugar to 45 grams per day, while the average women should only take in 30 grams per day.

One 12 ounce can of Pepsi contains 41 grams of sugar. As per the recommendation of the AMA, women should not consume even one glass of Pepsi a day. Not even one.

And neither should men. We know that we should instead consume fruits and vegetables, not highly refined sugar that cause major blood sugar spikes when consumed, thus forcing the pancreas to work harder to regular levels.

We are facing a major health crisis. Type 2 Diabetes is a terrible enough disease on its own, but at to that the fact that it is considered a major risk factor for Pancreatic cancer (the worst type of cancer a human can be diagnosed with considering the extremely poor survival rates), and we now know something has to be done.

Diet sodas don't cut it. They trick the body into releasing insulin anyway, thus putting pressure on the pancreas.

In a single word, soda is poison.

But we live in a society where it is currently accepted, just like smoking used to be.

Either the soda makers make some drastic changes to their formula, or they must end their production of this garbage and move onto to something healthier. If that doesn't happen, banning soft drinks will be a very real consideration soon.

The only issue there is in banning a product is that it creates a black market and organized crime. And this is not because banning a product is immoral, but that people who consider their freedoms to be the paragon of all existence will smuggle in soda or brew that crap in their bathtubs just to make a point.

• Soft drinks should be totally banned

Soft drinks contain many unwanted particles and impurities. It also causes cancer. Soft drinks contain chemicals from Ajinomoto which are very harmful to our body..
    Study by the Centre for Science and Environment, an NGO, has claimed that bottled soft drinks contain deadly pesticides. Soft drink giants Coca-Cola and PepsiCo have, however, refuted the findings and are contemplating legal action against the NGO.

• They are a major health hazard!

There is no nutritional value in soft drinks, only detrimental ingredients. They are full of sugar, most contain caffeine and they fill the stomach and take the place of good nutrients. Americans consume too many soft drinks and don't drink enough of what our bodies need...Water! Not to mention the fact that they cause obesity.

• YES!!!!!!!! they cause so much wrongs and problems by banning soft drinks we are getting rid of bigger problems

Soft drinks cause mild headaches that soon become alot more then mild they become so painful that the soft drinks cause larger problems than any other substance that includes alcohol and drugs. It has also been found that soft drinks can cause memory loss and can reduce the life expectancy any individual person. Children that have a high intake of soft drinks tend to have shorter attention spans and therefore lower I.Qs. Soft drinks also cause children to become obese very young I mean just look at America I'm an American citizen and I have never taken a soft drink I am very thin all my friends do and they are "huge" I'm just putting it out there that soft drinks are not good and must be banned! I think we should start with banning them in schools then public places and then everywhere!

• They should be banned!

Soft drinks are just like candies but liquid candies. They are unhealthy especially for children. Not only because the regular ones are loaded with sugar, but because of the other adverse effects all these soft drinks have on people's health. Not only that but soon we will have no space to walk in the streets and parks because there will be bottles and cans lying around.

• D d d

S s s. S s s s s s sh sh sh hdw husband. So sc hu csug. Buds hubs but JGCS. BU s h. Bcs. Bc. But b. C. BCH. Bc. B Bc. BC. B bob. Dh. BD Bc. BD B DH. Hd. S. Bc. Hd. Hd. H sh. Sh. Can. Hd h. Hd. Xh. Hxh

• Yes because I want it that way

No s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s ss s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s

• Of f y

V yg h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h hh h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h

• Of f y

• Of f y

• Soda should not be banned!

Even though obesity kills about 10% of adults, all kids work out daily. If you drink soda evryday, then you will get obese. But that is your choice if you want to become 300 pounds. Honestly, they can banned soda, but that will stop NO ONE from drinking soda!!! DO NOT BANNED SODA!! BANNED BEER IF ANYTHING!!

• Anything unhealthy would also have to be banned.

It is part of human free will to choose whether to consume healthy food and beverages or not. Although, one can concede soda is in no way a nutritional substance, people have the right to choose to drink it whether in moderation or in excess. Therefore, no, cola should not be banned. For that reason, and the fact that it's a silly thing to bother regulating. We have bigger problems!

• I think we should not treat adults like children.

I think we should not treat adults like children. If there is really someone out there who cannot stop drinking soft drinks, then that person should seek help immediately. However for the majority of our population, drinking too much soft drinks is not an issue, we need to focus on real issues, not minor ones like banning soft drinks.

• We Shouldn't Ban Them

Banning soft drink sodas is wrong. Just saying it sounds ridiculous. People have the right to drink whatever they want. If someone chooses a soft drink over a more healthier beverage option then that is their decision. Banning a certain type of drink isn't going to change much if anything at all.

• I love soda

I love soda and idc if i get fat ill work out to lose the weight and if i get fat thats my business tbh no one should worry about my weight i love my body any way it it and if you don't like it look a different way

• I love soda

• I love soda

• I love soda

• I love soda

• No no ni no non j non nooonoononononoonon vbvuf uerhfv urehfo ewuerohyf oweyfoiu yewoifyweuyfl3yrq

No no nop no no no no no no m kmpommoopjqsclh ef ilhewkofhwelkehfk;uewqqqjqhf;kjejwhfe;kjwjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hjhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h hh h h hh h h h h h