• I Say Yes

Softball is a sport barely recognized, since it has been taken from the Olympics. I believe it should be brought back, it helps give young girls like myself , hope of a future in the sport they love the most. It would also be great to watch other countries go against each other. And maybe one day i could be the one being watched by my loving father and my coach, who have helped me to reach my goals. I just want it to come back to the Olympics to keep my dream going.

• I Say Yes

• Bringing back hope!

As a softball player myself, I pride myself with my softball skills. And I once dreamed of becoming an olympian. But my dreams were shortened, as it seemed. I had to realize, that softball was cut! Along with baseball. Now, I realize that I am only one argument out of the millions that there are. And I do realize that I am still in middle school. But I beg, that they would bring hope to kids like me, who have worked SO HARD, and put in so many hours of practice, for it to mean nothing to others. For it to mean nothing to my country. I know that softball was once in the olympics, and it was cut. But softball has grown so much since then! Especially in America. I know that if I am interested in bringing it back, then so are thousands and thousands of other athletes. And I did not put in over 100 hours of work for something that I love, and something that I dreamed of, to be taken away from me. I also pledge to bring back baseball too! I played both baseball and softball for two years now, and I know what it feels like on both ends. Baseball is America's past time! There are so many kids in baseball that have the talent to put something towards this country. And I know that if we bring back both baseball and softball into the olympics that we could bring back both hope, and more money into the olympics! There are millions and millions of baseball fans out there! And if those fans are willing to put money towards just to one simple game a season, I bet they will be willing to put money towards an olympic game!

• Yes to baseball and softball

It is popular in so many countries and it is such a no brainer. Baseball and Softball are one of the most beautiful and intellectual team sports in the world.... The complexities, the athleticism, the precision, and the sports psychology are unrivaled. If we base it on international popularity, they should be included for sure.

• Yes it should!

There are several different reasons. One, is that it is ruining young boys and girls chances of ever playing in the Olympics. Two, there are 140 countries that are members of the World Baseball Softball Confederation and there are only 195 countries in the world. That is over 72% of the world that both plays softball and baseball. Three, it is the highest level of competition that anyone can play in. Sure you can play in college and professional leagues, but you will never be given the chance to play for your country and play against the best of the best from around the world. Hopefully on December 8 at the Agenda 2020 meeting the IOC will make the right decision and put softball and baseball back into the Olympic Games.

• It is popular worldwide.

If the sport is popular enough, why was the World Cup of softball broadcast in 140 countries???? More people in this poll say that yes, they should be in the Olympics. It is most definitely popular enough. The only reason that the petition in 2009 was not completed was that there was not enough advertisement. This should be brought to the attention of many more people.

• I say yes

16 nations watch and play baseball and softball so they should play in the Olympics. They are a major sport. They have more fans than most sports. Plus they get more views than most sports. That is why baseball and softball should be in the Olympics . Thank you people

• American pride and pusuing goals

Unlike other sports, softball doesnt have a huge fan base. Sure we have a major league but no one but people associated with softball watches it. My personal oppion is that softball is much more exciting then baseball, though im the biggest oakland A's fan ever, there are less strike outs in softball so it makes it more fun to watch. If softball were in the olympics, it would give us a bigger dream to shoot for and a chance at the most outstanding gold medal ever.

• I say yes.

There are 16 nations playing the sport and that is plenty. Also there is a world baseball classic where teams all around the world play in. The sport is also more popular than squash not a lot of people do that and squash don't have a pro team like baseball.

• I say yes.

• Not Enough Nations Play the Sports

Softball and baseball are popular in America, Latin America and Japan. But in other parts of the world, the sports aren't popular whatsoever. Baseball and softball should not be in the Olympics because they aren't popular enough. Other sports are more popular and the inclusion and exclusion of Olympic sports is always controversial. Baseball and softball are fantastic regional sports, but not worldwide phenomena.

• Free Gold medal to the USA

Cricket is more popular than softball/baseball. Not enough nations even play it. The US would almost always win. It is NOT enough competitive. I would love cricket in the Olympic because way more nations play it and it wouldn't be a free medal ti the USA. Never ever should it be in the Olympic and how many people watch it? 5 million in the world and that's it. Case closed.

• I say yes