Should Sony have canceled the release of the movie "The Interview" after the hackers' threats?

• "The Interview" should have been in theaters

Sony caving to the demands of the hackers around "The Interview" has put the movie studio in a weak position. It's also damaged Hollywood as the entertainment business is now a prime target for other hackers. Sony's decision to cancel the movie was a terrible choice that offers no opportunity for creative expression and destroys the illusion of the magic behind the movies.

• No, I don't believe that Sony have canceled the release of the movie "The Interview" after the hackers' threats.

No, I don't believe that Sony have canceled the release of the movie "The Interview" after the hackers' threats. It is ludicrous that they would allow a dictator or a foreign country to decide what we should be allowed to see. I am really hoping that Sony will amend this and release the film in some format. Even the President has said that he wished that Sony had spoken with him prior to canning the film.

• No They Shouldn't Have

This whole thing has been such an overwhelming mess, but I do not believe Sony should have cancelled it. I also don't think we should have reports floating around accusing North Korea of doing it when there's virtually no evidence that it was them. Sony should release the film, maybe set a new precendent in how to release new movies.

• The release should not have been canceled

The release should not have been canceled. This is because when we cave into demands against rogue groups they learn that they can control aspects of American self-expression. Our freedom of speech truly is not freedom of speech then. Although it is not a good idea to make a movie about a real dictator (because it might bring out the crazies), it is still protected under our rights with speech in the US.