• Yes sports should be a part of education.

I think sports is fundamental for students, not only does it keeps kids physically active it also shows them how to work as a team. Sports is also a good motivation for kids that are going through family problems at home, it keeps their minds focused on something else. Students on sports teams are also required to maintain their grades, so in my opinion sports should always be apart of education.

• Yes It Should

Sports should be a part of education. Students should learn how to play a variety of sports in physical education. While doing so, they will also learn sportsmanship, which is a very important value. I think learning about sports is a good thing and a great way to teach without using books.

• Yes, now more than ever

I am all for including sports in education. With obesity a growing concern, more than ever physical education in schools and sports bring added benefits. Learning the lessons of good sportsmanship can keep children out trouble. Seeing that losses are temporary helps young people develop the emotional maturity to calm themselves and seek constructive solutions. We won't all become athletes but we all will have a lot to learn from the attempt.

• It should be

As per the government ,sports is also important like studies . All school provide at least one games period in a week to improve child's sports and sportsmanship. Like in my school al-manar international school child can participate in any sports .FOR CHECK GO TO almanarschool@google mail.Com BY Aditya santosh pande
    thank YOU

• Yes it should be

Sports be a part of education because sports teaches us our behavior we can learn variety of games so that we can stay fit and healthy all the time it teaches us how to be kind and generous to othersit teaches us self confidence and sportsmanship it teaches us how to work as a team .Like some people we should not stay at home and just sitting and eating it causes obesity but sports will make us fit and healthy .So in my opinion sports should be a part of education

• Yes it should be

• Definitely it should

The fact that its not a major part of our children's education annoys the life out of me. Two hours a week for sport in schools is a joke, how many hidden gems could there be if we scratched the surface of what sport our children actually like to do.

I'm 33 and have been rowing for almost a year and a half now. I wish I would've been able to do this at 12 god knows where I would be now ! But how was I to know. At that age all we done was run around a field and play rounder's.

This country is a joke where sports are conferenced you only have to watch the telly to see that. Not enough time, effort or money is put in to our sports system. This needs to change.

• Definitely it should

• Good for you

They help kids with their concentration in school. They also cause less negative influences in school. Kids and adults may have better interactions with each other and may feel more comfortable in school and in that condition. Students may have better student performances and it builds up their academic performances.

• Yes they should

Sports should be a part of education. Regular education does need to still be the most important thing, but there are too many kids today who are not getting the exercise that they need or doctors notes to get out of running the mile in P.E. Your body and mind need to be developed.

• Useless and Hurtful

I'm all for staying healthy and thin. Obesity is a real problem. However sports like basketball or soccer are one of the least efficient way of doing so. Many kids hate those sports. They are not very good at playing or hate the sport itself. Over years they build up a resentment of exersize itself. Gym class is often physical harassment and fearful for non athletes. Instead gym class should be easy and something that everyone can do. Save the hardcore stuff for people who like it. You can't make someone like sports. When they're forced to it often makes them hate it more. Also, whoever said sports were fun, can just go away. They may be fun for you, but you're not the center of the world.

• Not as enjoyable

If the student is forced to play a sport he or she does not want to, it ends up not being fun. They will not participate as much and might cause the team to lose. Another reason is that schools do not offer certain sports that some kids want to play. Personally, i think that if they want to join its fine but you can't force someone to like a sport.

• Physical Education, Personal Fitness, Health? Yes. Sports? Lolno

Ok, simple. I am sorry if I offend anyone, buuuut.. Why?

Ok, ok, I get it, obesity, fat is bad, fitness is good, but you dont really "do" much in your Physical Education class, which is the closest universally mandatory thing I can think of. Teachers cant force students to exert themselves physically, nor grade them based on their physical prowess to others because that opens up a Pandora's Box of pre-disposition, Genetics, discrimination, complaints of parents, so forth. The only real point where you can actually learn about what the class is titled, namely, "Physical Education", is High School. By then, a child is either physically inclined, or he is not. Shoving Sports onto him will do nothing, and by then the student should be free to do what he likes. Should I have to not take my Digital Electronics Class, or my Networking Class because I have to take Baseball, or Softball, or Basketball or Football or Soccer or [insert sport here]ball, when I am simply not Physically inclined and have no desire to invent in a future in Sports? If I have to do that, then hell, make everyone take my Calculus classes, and while you're at it, throw in some mandatory AP Chemistry, Dance, Psychology, Multimedia Design, Marine Science, Agriculture, Archery, and Culinary Arts, Ceramics, and Advanced Programming Lvl IV.

To make Sports mandatory is basically to emphasize ONE specialized area of study over all the rest, limiting opportunities for those who simply don't WANT it.

• School is about education

I do believe that gym class should be a requirement, however I grew up in a small town that put WAY too much emphasis on our sports teams, going as far as to require all teachers in the high school to participate in the coaching. In my opinion coaches do not make good teachers. The athletes all felt that they were above the rest of the student body and were exempt from punishment and most academic requirements and the teachers went along with it from fear of the retribution from the school board who were also the board members of the booster club. While I was enrolled in the high school, all the arts budgets were slashed so they could add 4 more athletic programs which took us to 14 and within 3 years we were down to 8 from lack of participation because we simply did not have enough students. However that money was retained in the athletic department despite the fact that the arts have been proven to help raise all core subject scores.

• Some kids just don't care.

I'm a Sophomore in High School and I'm always participating in a sport. During our gym classes, it's obvious what kids care about their health and what ones just want to leave. I understand that "Mrs. Obama" is trying to create the perfect American society, or whatever, but forcing kids to do certain things and making them angry with their teachers is not going to help this issue.

• What's the point?

I think making sports a part of education is a bit unfair. It is unfair for the kids who never grew up with sports. For example, I grew up in the arts. There was never this pressure I felt going out for sports so I never really played. I joined a few rec teams when I was in elementary school, but my training was limited unlike my best friend who went to professional master classes. My point is that I am not athletic and neither are many kids in schools today. It's not something we enjoy. I am not saying that physical activity is bad. I recognize that there is a problem with obesity in this country. That's why I believe we should up the health classes. I benefited from my high school health classes and took away a lot from that class. I lost 40 lbs by taking what I learned from that class and applying it to my life and I did it without participating in sports.

• Absolutely not coming from someone who hates sports in High School

I am a Junior in high school, and I find mandatory sports demoralizing. There are always the "Tryhards" who treat it like it's their one shot at going pro. I personally enjoy weight room, and personal training. I rally enjoy it, and I get more done physically than in any sports. Team sports help half the class, and leave the other half feeling bad with a lack of exercise. Lets keep the fat fat, and the healthy healthier, that is what team sports in school do.

• Sports should be part of education

Sports should be a part of education. Sports should definitely be a part of education.It teaches lessons that can't be learned in the regular classroom.It can teach characteristics that are helpful throughout life like teamwork and perserverence.It also teaches that the world is a competitive place and you must try to be better than the other guy.

• Definitely it should