• Yes they should!

Sports are completely overrated. I am on academic team, which got third in state. It received no recognitin and no one even hardly spoke about it from the school. However, our basketball team which won one or two games this year got in the school newspaper and acquired much recognition from the student body.
    Sports also creates social classes. There are the successful, "nerds" which everyone treats as outcasts. There are the, "jocks" who copy the nerds papers, get all the girls, and everyone knows them.
    Take sports out of school and it will have its priorities straight again!

• Sports take attention off

Of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics of academics

• Sports are a distraction in education

Sports takes the children eyes off the goal, their education. Sports should be consider a privilege something you receive when they become responsible enough to maintain their grades. School are putting sports before education because its bringing in majority of their funds so now the school is left with the Dyson of passing a student when felling just so the school team is good and still receive the benefits

• Academics must thrive

Sports are a distraction to academics and lower grades. Studies say that cutting sports can make grades rise 73%. Yet again academics are mort important than sports anyway. Cutting sports has a higher graduation percent. Cutting sports can also save money because maintaining a field can cause a lot of money.

• Sports Should be out of school

In Pro-Sport articles, the author always puts up a picture of children or teenagers winning something and they all are smiling from cheek to cheek. What is doesn't show is the other half of the equation - the losers. This is just one of the many reasons why sport teams should not be allowed in school. Children are harsh and mean but you know who are typically worse? Die-hard sport fans. Now try combining these two types of people and think about how that fan would feel if their sport team lost? Pretty bad. And who would the fan take out his/her problems with the team on? The person or persons who lose the game.

• Every school shouldn't have sports

Because I said so and want it to happen and I said so I said so I said so their over rated they should be club sports. Because during school sports they have to be fair and at club sports they don't have to be fair!!!!! :-) so their you go!

• What about safety?

I know i know... I used to be in sports when i was younger , although i needed to pay more attention to my work and my safety. Most kids these days are getting really hurt . With broken bones,concessions, and even death some times. Especially football players. Yet some readers may challenge my view by insisting that school budgets for sports are more important the school work, i still believe that grades and academics are a lot more important then just playing games out side with friends.So agree or don't agree i still believe in academics then games.

• It's dangerous and it's expensive

It is extremely dangerous.Every year about 775,000 or more children under the age of 15 are rushed to the E.R due to sports injuries. It is very expensive. A doctor said that the current cost for sports injuries are around $8billion. Parents spend $671 a year on sports related cost for a child, a recent consumer survey found. But 21% of U.S parents spend more than $1,000 per child.

• Sports should be cut!!

Sports distract students from their studieds and cause them to get behind in school. It also cause more "clicks" to be formed such as the "jocks" or the "nerds" and even the people that are treated like outcasts because they feel like they don't be long in either groups of people.

• Because its dangerous

I have seen many of my friends get hurt playing football baseball and more. I remember the time when one of my friends got a fractierd arm on his left side of his body.I even remeberd the time when my friend from baseball broke his leg because of a kid who ran into him.

• Sports can add so much to a student's learning power and job skills.

Studies show that participating in school sports makes students brighter and more connected to their school. Sports also provides students with opportunities to problem solve, get along with others and work as a team member, all of these are valuable skills for the world of work. A well rounded education that focuses on the child's mind, emotional well being and social well being is the best kind of education. School sports provides a well rounded learning experience.

• No, sports should not be cut from school.

Not every child is academically gifted. Some children only excel in athletics. Cutting sports means taking away the one thing that some children can do well in. In addition, with childhood obesity on the rise cutting sports is a terrible idea, as many children only get any kind of work out is during the organized sports they play school.

• No, sports should be allowed in schools!

Sports accually help kids. Like in school, kids are expected to keep everything bottled up inside, like stress, emotions, and anger. But if they are with other kids playing a game they all like, and getting along then it relieves a lot of it. Sports is something that everyone should encourage , I know I do!

• Sports should stay!!

Sports are one of the most coolest things a kid could do, and at school. Research shows that a lot of kids get better grades and calm down when they are playing sports like football for example. The boys and girls who play football, soccer, or any school sport try their best to keep up the good grades so they can keep playing. It's like a challenge to most of them, and it's a great way for them to be active and happy. Another example of why they need sports is because say like you have a MAP or any other form of test coming up, playing sports calms you down. So, sports should stay in school. You don't want kids unhappy and under so much pressure when the sports are gone.

• Sports is healthy

Sport is extremely beneficial for health and fitness. Exercise benefits every part of the body, including the mind. It causes the body to produce endorphins, that can help a person to feel more peaceful and happy. Exercise can help some people sleep better. It can also help some people who have mild depression and low self-esteem. Plus, exercise can give people a real sense of accomplishment and pride at having achieved a certain goal. Moreover, exercising can help you look better. People who exercise burn more calories and look more toned than those who don't. In fact, exercise is one of the most important parts of keeping your body at a healthy weight.
    Exercise also helps people lose weight and lower the risk of some diseases. Exercising to maintain a healthy weight decreases a person's risk of developing certain diseases, including type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. These diseases, which used to be found mostly in adults, are becoming more common in teenagers.
    Exercise can help a person age well. This may not seem important now, but your body will thank you later. Women are especially prone to a condition called osteoporosis (a weakening of the bones) as they get older. Studies have found that weight-bearing exercise - like jumping, running, or brisk walking - can help children keep their bones strong.

• No because kids need there time to have fun and play

School sports to me are like free choice when i was a kid. Sports are what I need when i need a break from class and I spend a lot of time practicing and i think it is important. That really helped me get my grades up and helped my opinion

• Sports are good.

Kids need to have things to look forward to after school. Kids will want to be on the team so they will keep here grades up so they don't get kicked of the team. Sports can help kids "kill" there stress from the day when they play sports after school. This is simply what kids need.

• No sport should not be cut !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Cowboy0108 n Pro-Sport articles, the author always puts up a picture of children or teenagers winning something and they all are smiling from cheek to cheek. What is doesn't show is the other half of the equation - the losers. This is just one of the many reasons why sport teams should not be allowed in school. Children are harsh and mean but you know who are typically worse? Die-hard sport fans. Now try combining these two types of people and think about how that fan would feel if their sport team lost? Pretty bad. And who would the fan take out his/her problems with the team on? The person or persons who lose the game

• Sports should not be cut

Schools have children that are gifted in athletics. Kids need to stay off the streets or keeping out of trouble. I think that sports can contain kids from breaking the law or doing something stupid. Sports is the only thing most kids look forward to in school. Obviously sports have academic standards, so I think students would actually have an increase in grades.

• No they should not cancel sports from school districts!

School sports are really helpful later in life. Teaching kids about sports might help them get a career in the big leagues. Sports can be a really good influence on kid's social abilities. Taking away those abilities can be a major problem in a persons life. I say just keep the sports!

ianbeck_23 says2016-04-15T16:54:48.213
No
ianbeck_23 says2016-04-15T16:54:56.497
No