Should St. Louis police have released the name of the officer who shot Mike Brown?

• It is inevitable.

If they wish to obey at least a legal form of justice, then he will eventually be forced to stand trial. I think putting a bag over his head will just make things worse. So yeah, most likely, unless this is now a police state, he'll stand trial for his sin against his fellow man.

• He shot an unarmed civilian

I don't think St. Louis has handled much properly, but releasing his name was a good start. When a police officer shoots and unarmed civilian, followed by the craze that followed with the protesters, they should release his information. We should not be afraid of the people who are meant to PROTECT and SERVE us.

• Yes, St. Louis police should have released the name of the officer that shot Mike Brown

Yes, I believe that the St. Louis police department should have released the name of the officer that shot Mike Brown. Regardless of whether Mike Brown should have been shot or not the family deserves to know the name of the man that killed him. This type of information should always be released to the public as it is important that secrets aren't withheld that could cover up potential wrongdoing.

• The St. Louis police shouln't have released the officer's name.

Should St. Louis police should not have released the name of the officer who shot Mike Brown. Releasing the name only encourages vigilante violence and aggression towards the police, the officer, and his family. The environment is hostile enough in St. Louis as it and the police should be doing everything possible to calm down the situation, not add fuel to the fire.

• No, the St. Louis police should not release the name of the office who shot Mike Brown.

Releasing the name of the officer who shot Mike Brown will invite further violence, and possibly endanger the officer's life. He has already received death threats from the community, and I believe that if his name is released harmful action may be taken towards the officer and/or his family. I also think that more specific information needs to be provided about the circumstances surrounding the shooting, as it is still unclear as to what exactly happened.