Should state funding be tied to strict energy efficiency laws?

• Yes, state funding should be tied to energy efficiency laws.

State funding should be based on how energy efficient each state is. Earth's resources are dwindling away, and the federal government should make it worth each state's time and energy to be more efficient. Changing the way a system works can be costly in the beginning, but it will be worth it in the long run. The government should reward states that make that committment.

• No, state funding shouldn't go to energy efficiency laws.

I do not think that it is necessary to include state funding to enforce stricter energy efficiency laws. I think that there isn't really a need for it. It is something that a lot of tax payers would not support or be happy with. I think the issue of energy efficiency is something that should be left mostly for the people.

• Tax Breaks Should be Part of Energy Efficiency

Consumers and taxpayers should get tax breaks for doing things that are more energy efficient. Consumer activities such as buying an electric car, buying energy-efficient appliances and shoring up a home's insulation should all be tax deductions or tax rebates. State funding shouldn't be tied to energy efficiency laws because becoming energy efficient is about consumer choice.

• We can make energy.

No, state funding should not be tied to strict energy efficiency laws, because there are sometimes when we do not want to be energy efficient. Sometimes it is annoying having a dishwasher that doesn't really clean my dishes. States should be allowed to set their own priorities for energy efficiency.