• College has become a business

Yes, I believe that states should eliminate college tuition. College has become more about business than a education. This is evident in the cost difference between colleges. Why is it that one college can charge way more than another, but most of them provide the same caliber education. Better education makes for a better country, you would think that this would be some that is desirable to states.

• Ideally they should

Because of how federal funding is currently distributed, this isn't feasible for most places. It should be, though, the cost of a college education keeps a lot of people away from ever obtaining one and we'll never truly know how many great minds we robbed ourselves of until we fix that.

• No more tuitions

Yes, I believe that states should eliminate college tuition. College has become more about business than a education. This is evident in the cost difference between colleges. Why is it that one college can charge way more than another, but most of them provide the same caliber education. Better education makes for a better country, you would think that this would be some that is desirable to

• No more tuitions

• I think state college tuition should be paid by the state or federal government.

Like many Scandinavian countries, I believe that higher education should be free and encouraged. I know that in my class, many kids have decided not to go to college because of the cost.
    If only our federal or state governments could afford to provide free healthcare and education to all like other countries.
    Hopefully my future children and grandchildren can reap the benefits of a true first-world country here in the United States.

• Yes, but it won't happen.

If there were a way for the 50 states to eliminate the tuition at their state colleges and universities then that would be ideal because our young people are starting life with many thousands of dollars in student loan debt and not the kind of job that would pay for that. However, that is not going to happen.

• New Tuition System

Colleges need money to function and while debt is a huge issue for graduates, I do not think the government should pay for an education system that will not benefit everyone. Tuition should be charged differently per person depending on the monetary yield of each individual from their education. Someone studying a profession that makes 10K should not be charged the same as someone who makes 100K. I do not propose that a percentage of a graduate's income should go to their college, but merely that there should be different rates of tuition depending on the monetary value of their job.

• A new tuition system

College is not for everyone so I do not believe the government should have to pay for college tuition from which a large population will not gain. However, I think the system could be modified such that tuition is better matched to the monetary value of the education per person. Those

• States Should Offer A Free Public Option

I do not believe states should solely eliminate college tuition, but I do think they should offer a free public option. I think this could easily be done by using community college and then allowing students who meet certain criteria to pass on to state universities free of cost. I think having this type of option would benefit large sectors of the population.

• No but limited it

I don't think college tuition should be done away with. Colleges do need to make some money. I do though think the tuition should be kept in check and anyone that wants an education and qualifies for one is able to get one in the future. To deny education cause of cost is wrong.