• Strays lower the quality of life

Please try living in a third world country. These animals are disease vectors. Are very hostile to humans and a lot of precious lives are lost because of them. They reduce the overall quality of life. I'm from India and our cities are overrun with packs of stray animals. Killing them would rid us of their menace, the consistent howling etc.. BTW, neutering them hasn't worked for the past several decades. They breed at a rate we can't keep up with.

• Unfortunately

Unfortunately, as unfair as it is, there are too many animals running loose and being brought into shelters. There is no way the people running these places can keep all of these animals alive with the limited funds they have. It's depressing, especially when you are a animal lover and so many sweet creatures are being put down, but there is no other option. All of my animals are rescues an my family rescues dogs. We work closely with a small town shelter that is forced to euthanize near 200 dogs a week. Their cats are hardly ever adopted. They simply don't have the workforce or the funds to keep them all.

• Do Gooders in the west have no idea of the dog problem around the world ok

I feel that we should do all that we can do to help protect these animals and if at all possible place them with a loving and caring family. They have no fear of running out to the road and bark and chase and even bit me once. All dogs that we see, just live for sex, food, and terrorizing the public. They are of no value to anyone or themselves. It is so cruel to keep them alive, they are miserable, malnourished, sick and traumatized. If a pet is housed and looked after

• Do Gooders in the west have no idea of the dog problem around the world

We are cycling the world and our biggest hate and fear are the thousands of stray dogs we come across. Even the pet ones with owners are terribly dangerous. They have no fear of running out to the road and bark and chase and even bit me once. All dogs that we see, just live for sex, food, and terrorizing the public. They are of no value to anyone or themselves. It is so cruel to keep them alive, they are miserable, malnourished, sick and traumatized. If a pet is housed and looked after, that is fine but there are millions of stray dogs who have a miserable life. In India and South America for example I estimate for every 10 persons there is one bad example of a dog so that totals 150 million dogs that are miserable. Put them out of their misery please.

• I think they should do it out of kindness.

There's no point of dogs or cats running loose and afraid with diseases and have a risk of getting rabies. There are too many animals to find homes for; And believe it or not, it is SELFISH to let them have these risks of health or death. Humans can manage their lives. Animals cannot now. If you cared a bit about God's creatures, you would get them out of their pain. Looks can't describe what's going on inside the animal. For a deeper OPINION, all shelter pets should go and make more room, because the breeding WILL NOT stop. They will feel more pain from living their stray lives than going to sleep.

• Stray Animals Should Be Euthanized Only as a Last Resort

Stray animals should only be euthanized as a last resort. I've witnessed many caring individuals taking in a stray with the outcome being a wonderful outcome for the animal. I feel that we should do all that we can do to help protect these animals and if at all possible place them with a loving and caring family.

• Why only animals?

If we can kill stray animals, who are doing nothing wrong, then why don't we start killing homeless people? I'm sure the homeless are far more dangerous to society than stray cats and dogs ever could be.

If you're not going to give the animals a home, butt out and let them live their lives.

Posted by: APB
  • Only in pain shall they be euthanized

Animal Euthanasia is wrong when the animals should still have a chance to live with a loving owner some day? There is an over population with people but we don't do anything about that yet we allow for harmless animals that most likely never got to experience a family must die? Stupid decision UNLESS the animal is in pain.

• A cruel world we live in

I think all animals should have a chance have a chance in the world. I mean we dont kill children when their not adopted they live so how is this any different. I think animals have the same rights as humans do so people should teat them just as well as they treat people.

• A cruel world we live in

• A cruel world we live in

• A cruel world we live in

• Unfair to the animals

While I can see the population control in the shelter , it's just not fair to the animals. I have been in a similar situation and the fact that you don't have a choice is terrible. The stray animals could have dumped off by there previous owner or there owner just died. It's just not fair.

• Life is being killed.

Animals in shelters are like being sentenced to death. Day after day, those who don't get adopted are closer to the darkness. The only way I accept euthanasia is if the animal is too sick to move, eat, or to defecate. Euthanizing an animal because of "Behavior issues" and "needing space" is just BS. Yes there are No-Kill shelters, but there must be more, they can only take in so much. Another way to prevent euthanasia is to FIX YOUR ANIMALS!! That is one of the many ways to stop the stray animals to be caught and thrown into shelters to die one day.

• Strays shouldn't be euthanized!

Strays shouldn't be euthanized because it is un-fair to the pet who more than likely suffered a long hard life from being dumped or being abandon at a young age and surviving by its self. They should be treated as if they were people too. They should get the right nutrients and not have to eat bugs and mice and probably having to feed young.

• They deserve a life

Its not the animals fault they are homeless, they are either born into the stray life or they are abandoned by their owners. They may be dangerous at times but have you thought that is because they are treated as pest and they have to fend for themselves. If we take them in and look after them they will become just any other household pet, people may as well kill all the homeless people if you think killing stray dogs is okay.. Homeless people are more dangerous then mutts.