• They should be banned.

I almost failed a class because the teacher would give me nothing but a 56 on quizzes and tests. And sometimes they act like they are British and wealthy. They also yell WAY TOO MUCH!!!! And most of them are old students will be happy when they retire. So there.

• Of course not!!!!!

I used to have a math teacher that is strict so that's why I got straight A's on math. When the students are talking or doing things they are not supposed to do, then who will be in charge? Strict Teachers! So that is why I think strict teachers should not be banned.

• Teachers should be kind

Teachers should not use violence a tool to tame students irrespective of the student behavior. It is the duty of parents only to streamline the child and not the teacher. The teacher has to have the talent to mould the child thro politeness, calmness and healthy talk. If they ill-treat the child-the child will get moulded accordingly and later behave in society in the same manner when they face such situations.

• No, but strict teachers ARE BAD.

As John Locke said, people are born with "tabula rasa" or blank slates, and are shaped soley by their environments growing up. Individual's personalities reflect the personalities of their surroundings.

This Question is somewhat misleading. Strict teachers are bad and there are very harmful consequences that unfold within the students of strict teachers. However, strict teachers should not be banned because this would encourage very lenient/too relaxed teachers who are afraid of being fired.
    Teachers should be a mix between education-minded and friendly. Strict teachers create students with negative attitudes (Learned from personal experience). When I was growing up, there were two elementary schools, one with strict teachers, who were very focused on forcing education into kids (Lets call this school x) and another school, who had very friendly teachers (Lets call this school y), who were still focused on educating. Those who were raised in school x became total selfish douchebags. Not even kidding. Like I was looking through school x's yearbooks and EVERYONE besides one or two kids were selfish douchebags, whereas those from school y were generally more friendly. After a lot of thought, I concluded that schools with strict teachers rob students of their innocence and playfulness and create students with very selfish minded personalities. Teachers should try to make students obedient by establishing friendly relationships.

• They cause mental disorders.

I think they should be banned. I heard that special needs children have a higher risk of developing depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts if they had a strict teacher. The risk gets higher if they had a strict parent(s). Strict parents should also be banned, too. It would be better.

• Kids Leaving school

Some kids leave school because of strict teachers. If you want more students, BE NICE FOR ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My friend was in a strict class and I wasn't. His mom regrets not tacking him out, but also we were in different classes this year so she moved him to mine but didn't check the teachers. The teacher we're with now is strict and the teacher we would of had is more for us. If that teacher hadn't of been there, it would be better.

• Yes. They should be banned.

It's quite obvious that strict teachers should be banned. I had suicidal thoughts because my teacher was strict. I am pretty sure that a majority of other kids had suicidal thoughts, too. I did not want to go to school because I had a strict teacher. The people who do not agree with me must be strict teachers.

• Don't give students freedom to think logically.

Strict teachers restrict the student's mind and they never get open whereas in a friendly teachers class an introvert child also get open up and his fear of doing wrong goes from his mind. A friendly teacher motivates the child to move ahead in life whereas a strict teacher cuts the wings of a child to fly.

• Yes, that can cause depression, guilty, harm relationship, and not understanding.

Children have many failures and problems when they did something wrong. Teacher's job is to help to solve problem for children. It is used for a very long time ago, I can feel it is the wrong way to treat their children decreasingly. If the teacher built a good relationship with children, that means children will be attracted to obey you.

• W w w w w

They are gay an retarded s s s ss s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s ss w w w w w w w w w w

• I don't like em'

I had one in year seven and boy was I lucky to survive it. I swear if I didn't take thing to the max and called a sicky one that one day I did she would have used me for stuffing in her roast chicken she had for dinner that night.

• Strict teachers should not be banned

I think a lot of kids are afraid of strict teachers. They are afraid to take their classes. I had my first run in with a strict teacher in 4th grade. We had him for the one class we switched teachers for and he was tough...Worked us hard and if you made him mad he yelled. 5th and 6th grade there were a few tough teachers. When i got to junior high and high school there were a couple strict teachers. They always had control of their classrooms. I remember one of those strict teachers telling us on the very first day of class he was going to be very hard on us because down the road, we will remember the teachers who were the hardest on us because chances are they taught us the most. And i have to say its true. There are a lot of teachers along the way that i don't remember but i don't think i ever forgot any of the ones who were hard on me and to this day still remember a lot of what i learned in their classes.

• Strict teachers aren't always bad teachers. You can also still have fun even with a strict teacher.

My challenge teacher is personally one of my best teachers. She always knows exactly how to push us really far without it being stressful. Sometimes she is kind of strict, and she doesn't like when we don't put effort into stuff, especially since we're all in the challenge program. But everyone in my class has gotten to do so many cool projects that no one else does. We always get to be creative and learn a lot. In truth, as long as the teachers are effective teachers and aren't just yelling to the point where kids ignore them, it's okay.

• No, but strict teachers ARE BAD.

• Teachers should be strict in moderation.

Strict teachers are good and helpful to an extent. As much as I enjoyed the relaxed teachers who played movies and didn't care if we talked during class, I can honestly say that I learned so much more from those who had structure and were strict with their teaching methods in class. However, those whom go overboard with being strict should not be teaching as it takes any enjoyment we have in school out of the picture.

• Discipline discipline discipline

It is about time that the politically correct do gooders went back to the ideological utopian planets from which they came and let the real strict teachers do the job of making kids behave and learn.
    I am old school discipline because it has worked and will continue to work for generations of kids to come.

• Without Strict Teachers = Without Discipline

First of all, what is the meaning of 'strict' teachers? Are 'strict' teachers those who dish out After-School detention slips for back chatting in class? Or are 'strict' teachers those who boot you to isolation for not tucking your shirt in? Whatever way, 'strict' teachers, I believe should never be banned. Strict teachers for 99.9% of schools are the way forward. Without strict teachers, the chances are, there would be no control within the school. One of the best ways to enforce school rules is by these wonderful people ('strict' teachers). Strict teachers can easily control the situation then those who show pity, or those who drawback when suggested to give a Detention Slip / Card / etc. If there were no strict teachers in a school, as said before, there would not be any control. Now, think about it. If there was no control within the establishment of the rules, then the students would be distracted with their learning. Education is a high priority, and what are school's for? Giving education...

To conclude - No, 'strict' teachers should not be banned because they are vital when it comes to school rule enforcement and establishment.

• They should never be banned!!!!!!!!

Strict teachers should never be banned. If they are banned, non-strict teachers will never be able to control naughty students most teachers who are enough experienced are those teachers who are strict. Non-strict teachers are having a problem of having lack of experience in my school. I have quite a lot of teachers who are new and after a little while they are resigning when the principal is asking why they are going to resign, their answer is, "I am not experienced enough and I don't know how to teach them", but a strict teacher doesn't say that.