Should stricter laws be enacted to restrict energy consumption by today's large corporations?

• There should be stricter laws restricting large corporations' energy consumption

There should be stricter laws enacted to restrict energy consumption by large corporations. Energy prices go higher as more energy is consumed and large corporations use more than their share. They waste energy and that has lead to climate change. Stricter laws would cause large corporations to be more environmentally friendly.

• Get their attention

If it's more profitable for a company to conserve energy or utilize greener sources of it to prevent pollution, then they'll move towards it and find a way to make it work for their company. Fining emissions and rewarding greener alternatives will get the attention of companies because it will show up where they notice, the wallet.

• Stricter laws should be enacted to restrict energy consumption by today's large corporations.

There should be stricter laws to prevent large companies from consuming too much energy. If these companies do consume too much energy, they should have to pay a fine to make up for it. Global warming is a serious issue, and we must all work together to fight it now.

• I think we can trust them to do this themselves.

No. I think that this is one case where large corporations can be completely trusted to self regulate. As anyone who has worked with or for a corporation would know, the one thing they love to do is pinch pennies. They do lots of work to keep costs low by restricting their own energy consumptions.

• More Respobsible Corporations

I do not believe we should enact stricter laws to restrict energy consumption by today's large corporations. I believe we need to enact laws that ensure these mega corporations actually benefit society rather than tear it to pieces. I'm tired of seeing corporations like Wal-Mart leave large swaths of the population in poverty.