Should student athletes have to get good grades to play sports?

• Yes to good grades

THe reason is because sports are a privilege and if you can't earn that privilege you shouldn't be able to do the thing you want to do and then you won't have to do it. I GUT UR MUM. BTW you are the dumbest person in the whole entire world.

• Yes to good grades

• I love sports

I love sport because it make you strong and more powerful and energy and be healthy eat healthy food to give you energy and powerful and work as a team and play hard to get some powerful and be a leader of a team and be helpful to people when we play

• Encourage kids to get better grades

Kids who play sports pay more attention to sports than school and there grades and get bad grades so if it affects there sports they will have to do better in school. So that is why grades should affect sports so plz like this i beg of you plz the end

• Encourage kids to get better grades

• Will not benefit them in the future

If you focus on getting on to a sports team then you won't focus on your
    grades and you would not get into a good collage. If you don't get into a good collage then you won't get a good job so then you will be living on the streets.

• Poor grades could ruin an athlete's chance of getting into a good college.

If an athlete has poor grades, they will most likely have to rely on a full-athletic scholarship. The problem is that there are not enough full-athletic scholarships to go around. For example, statistics state that there are 160,893 University Interscholastic League participants but only 15,997 receive college scholarships. Therefore, if an athlete has bad grades they reduce their chances of getting into a good college.

• Poor grades could ruin a athletes chance of getting into a good college.

• Sports isn't everything

I for one am a huge basketball fan, but I strive academically. Knowing that the chances of playing sports professionally are not very high. I 100% want to play professionally but I'm keeping my expectations realistic. So being able to get and keep good grades is important, colleges don't just look at your skill level, they also look at your grades. Which means that athletes should get good grades so they can succeed in life.

• This website is supporting me.

It’s like a privilege. So if your mom is wanting you to do something you do it or you get in trouble. That’s basically how sport are, you do your work then you get rewarded by playing a sport that you signed up for. If you fail and you get to continue your sport, then that means you would probably fall back on your homework or not do it.

• If they dont get good grades then it will cause obesity because there is not enough time outside and playing instead of homework

Kids that dont get good grades in school should get to play sports because they need to get exercise. Also, It may cause obesity if they dont get outside and do other things. What will cause obesity is that they will be doing homework,, instead of playing and being active.

• Making dreams coming true

Us students have dreams to play sports. But we can not because of our sucky grades. Students should be aloud with out good grades, their parents want them to
    loving sports, so I can do my dreams of sports. Belive,protest in what u belive in. Love sports...Do what you want

• They should be able to play sports.

If they are failing school, but are good at sports, they shouldn't be kicked off. If they cant prove that they're good at school, they wont know if they want to do anything. If they play, they can know what they want to do later in life. They can like what they do

• No, sports is a good thing

If you have bad grades and you pay really good attention but you are just not getting it and the coaches say that you cant play, what are you going to do. Its just not fair that people who try at school and good at sports cant play. Maybe they have a disability for sports

• Having to get good grades can limit success.

Imagine a person who is gifted at playing a certain sport. After school, on the weekend, whenever you see them, they're playing this sport that they are so gifted at. However, this child has a learning disability and cannot perform well in school, no matter how hard they try. The school that they attend says that all athletes must have a C average in all of their classes to play sports, but our friend's best is a C- or D+. They are very poor as well, so they cannot afford to play sports outside of school. This sport could be a ticket out of poverty, but they are not allowed to play it competitively. Is it fair to take away this child's only chance at success because of something that they can't change?

• Giving chances... Its essential

What if a student has a learning disability, they would never have the chance to show others that they have a true talent that could expand into a life long career. If you dont give someone a chance, you will never get to see what they can do, someone out there that has a learning disability could be the next lebron james, micheal jordan, or even the great kevin durant. Youd be surprised

• No it is your stress relief!

Sports are your relief of the stress from grades, if I didn't have it i would be sitting at home, becoming obese, and thinking about how I wish i was doing a sport right then instead of getting homework done.I think that sports are a good stress relief, but im not saying to slack off of school, just do both!

• Kids should stil be able to play on their schools team

Because the kids want to be active whenever they are in school. My reason for this is that parents, like mine, want their kids to be able to play sport even if they do have bad or good grades. This has been my supporting argument for kids and thier ability to play sports at their school.

• NO, it causes stress!!!!!

School, Homework, and testing can be stressful, and studies show that being physically active produces endorphins, a natural chemical in the brain that is a painkiller and also improves the ability to sleep, and sleep reduces stress and stress can have harmful effects on the brain and the body. Many students get stressed while at school, and if they do sports, they can reduce their stress level and having no stress improves grades and their self-confidence, which is overall good for everyone.