Should student athletes have to get good grades to play sports?

• It so obvious

Scholastic states that less than 1% of people who want to be in the NBA really make it. Besides scholastic also states that people who are pro athletes only play for on average 3 years. What are you going to do the rest of your life? Being smart could also help you play sports

• One word: Responsibility

Athletes apparently drop out early because they want to do only sports. They don't care what happens afterwards, they just play because they think it'll make them famous. They're wrong. They should learn responsibility and actually do something in their lives. If they were more responsible, there actually might not be so many homeless people.

• You need education first

You go to school to learn, not for sports. You pay for school, the sports are just add on. Obviously sports are good for your health, but in the long term your education will prevail. Getting good job is what you work for in all your school years. You don't want to put it to waste!

• Yes yes yes

Yes yes yes yes Have you ever thought about the fact that when a man or woman is at school play sport the get called a “student athlete”. Notice how the word STUDENT comes first Less than two percent of men and women actually graduate from college or university and go on to become a professional sports man. However if you do become a professional sports player, the career will only last you so long. Most athletes normally retire around the age of 33. So when you retire, what will you do to get money? You’ll need to get another job to get money so you are able to afford what you need to live your life happily. Connecting to that, in the TD commercial, it states that retirement is getting worse and so when people retire from sports, they won’t have the education to get a new job because they were focusing on other sports instead of school. That’s why you need good grades even if you get on to a high level team. It’s always good to have a backup plan. Which continues into what I want to talk about next. Most athletes that have the ambition to make it in high level sports never have a back-up plan, therefore not thinking about life after.
    Report Post
    Reply0

• Yes, they should

I say this for many differential reasons. Some of which that I can not state because of the complication of them. I have known many athletes through my life. All have said that they had to have good grades, sports came next. There is a great example of that in the phrase, 'student athlete'. This shows that because the word student comes before athlete, it must be more important.

• Yes, they should

• Yes yes yes yes

Have you ever thought about the fact that when a man or woman is at school play sport the get called a “student athlete”. Notice how the word STUDENT comes first Less than two percent of men and women actually graduate from college or university and go on to become a professional sports man. However if you do become a professional sports player, the career will only last you so long. Most athletes normally retire around the age of 33. So when you retire, what will you do to get money? You’ll need to get another job to get money so you are able to afford what you need to live your life happily. Connecting to that, in the TD commercial, it states that retirement is getting worse and so when people retire from sports, they won’t have the education to get a new job because they were focusing on other sports instead of school. That’s why you need good grades even if you get on to a high level team. It’s always good to have a backup plan. Which continues into what I want to talk about next. Most athletes that have the ambition to make it in high level sports never have a back-up plan, therefore not thinking about life after.

• Yes yes yes yes

• Yes yes yes yes

• Yes they should

You should because they have to focus on grades and make sure that they are prepared for the future. If they are focusing on sports what will happen to their grades. Down down down, so they will have terrible grades and only 2% of people make in into MLSE other than baseball and in the MLB 11% make it.

• If they dont get good grades then it will cause obesity because there is not enough time outside and playing instead of homework

Kids that dont get good grades in school should get to play sports because they need to get exercise. Also, It may cause obesity if they dont get outside and do other things. What will cause obesity is that they will be doing homework,, instead of playing and being active.

• Making dreams coming true

Us students have dreams to play sports. But we can not because of our sucky grades. Students should be aloud with out good grades, their parents want them to
    loving sports, so I can do my dreams of sports. Belive,protest in what u belive in. Love sports...Do what you want

• They should be able to play sports.

If they are failing school, but are good at sports, they shouldn't be kicked off. If they cant prove that they're good at school, they wont know if they want to do anything. If they play, they can know what they want to do later in life. They can like what they do

• No, sports is a good thing

If you have bad grades and you pay really good attention but you are just not getting it and the coaches say that you cant play, what are you going to do. Its just not fair that people who try at school and good at sports cant play. Maybe they have a disability for sports

• Having to get good grades can limit success.

Imagine a person who is gifted at playing a certain sport. After school, on the weekend, whenever you see them, they're playing this sport that they are so gifted at. However, this child has a learning disability and cannot perform well in school, no matter how hard they try. The school that they attend says that all athletes must have a C average in all of their classes to play sports, but our friend's best is a C- or D+. They are very poor as well, so they cannot afford to play sports outside of school. This sport could be a ticket out of poverty, but they are not allowed to play it competitively. Is it fair to take away this child's only chance at success because of something that they can't change?

• Giving chances... Its essential

What if a student has a learning disability, they would never have the chance to show others that they have a true talent that could expand into a life long career. If you dont give someone a chance, you will never get to see what they can do, someone out there that has a learning disability could be the next lebron james, micheal jordan, or even the great kevin durant. Youd be surprised

• No college student should have to have good grades.

Kids wont be able to play the sport they want just because of grades. Its kind of like a parent forcing you to do something. Something you don't want to do but you have to just to play a sport. For sports being bright doesn't matter. Coach isn't going to yell a multiplication fact in the middle of the game.

• No, and here's why

I don't believe so because some people struggle with a certain subject, and because of them trying there best, and NOT meaning the minimum GPA, they are kicked off their team. What about people who NEED this financial aid to get them to college? Maybe they can't get the best grades because they are trying to get a scholarship based on a school sport!

• No killing dreams

Right so I play for state in American football. When I first came to school I did not think much of it but then I started playing more and more until I tried out for my school the got picked up by my state. What I am trying to say is I found what I want to do in school and its a sport.