Should students be able to bring their backpacks from class to class?

• Its quite pointless

Kids shouldn't be required to use a dinky little binder to carry their stuff around. How absolutely idiotic is that?! A backpack won't "clutter" the classroom. Duh. We keep them under our desks. Obviously the schools just want to have us drop our crap on the ground when an idiot runs into us. So allow us to have bags!!!!

• Yes we should

My school just announced that they are making it against the rules for us to carry our backpacks.But they want us to be organized.Im sorry but how many highschool students can decently organize their lockers. And what is wrong with a backpack being carried to class.I keep all of my class supplies in my bag so that way i dont waste time at my locker. They complain about kids being late to class and they complain that kids arent organized.So their bright idea is to take kids rights to keep their bags on them to class. And if theyre worried about kids conceling wepons in their bag thats ok you may have just made it harder for a kid to get away with doing something horrible but think of the other wepons they could hide in their clothes. A kid can hide up to 15 wepons in their clothes.....So whats next are they gonna take our rights to wear clothes. Or our right to wear coats during winter.

• Backpacks are useful

It's way easier to carry my drugs, guns, knives, etc, into school with a backpack. I mean how do they expect me to make money when I have to keep my weed in my pocket, I mean shit It gets squished and all flat, not good for business. Furthermore having a backpack ban would not let me implicate my plan of world domination. My backpack army will crush all hope. Long live the pack of backs. Back packs.

• We should ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Students should be able to bring backpacks into class because it saves time, and the school won't have to use money to buy lockers for all of the students. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Yes we should be able to

If your like me then you forget some stuff in your locker, homework, binders, books, you name it, but if we were allowed to keep and use our backpacks during school hours then we wont be sent to detention for missing work, and we wont be getting yelled at when we say we left our stuff in the locker. Also quit that talk about saying that we could conceal weapons in our backpacks. Kids would do it anyway either by putting it in their pocket, or in their pants, wherever they can find a concealed part on their body they will put the weapon. Also backpacks do cause some back problems, but carrying binders and other heavy objects while hovering over them can also cause numerous problems. I say we should be let to use backpacks during school

• To much stuff not enough arms

Have you ever seen someone walk down the hall way with tons of thing and it just falls? That is a good reason to have a backpack to me. Some people think that wearing a backpack can hurt your back but it is a good way to strengthen your posture and legs and it could be very helpful with carrying books, pencil cases, notebook, ECT back and fourth to every class every day

• Why do we wear backpacks to school?

We wear backpacks to school and on the bus(High School) to keep everything nice and tidy and make sure that everything is not only organized, but also safe. Now, we get into the school building. Now we have to strip ourselves of the luxury of the backpack so we can carry our supplies around by hand. How does this make any sense? What does this accomplish? Even if you do have a close locker to most of your classes, and your locker never jams, it would still be a lot quicker to use backpacks. Also, for me, my locker is extremely far away and has a really old, rusty kind of lock attached to it, the kind from the old black and white movies. I have to go there and drop off my backpack, get together the required supplies, then go off to the other side of the building for my class, which I'm probably already late to, then back again for lunch which I am usually late for the class afterwards, and then at the end of the day, I would probably miss the bus if I hadn't had everything inside a nice and tidy backpack, which, after all, is what they are made for in the first place! Like I have previously read on this website, it wouldn't take up any room because it would be underneath the desk or next to the desk where it wouldn't get in the way, if you had a convenient seating arrangement. All things considered, there really are no negatives that are strictly concerning backpacks. The whole "safety" thing with shootings and everything would probably happen anyway, they would just put their weapon in there locker or something. Backpacks are more secure, safer to others and yourselves, easier and way more convenient, allow students to get to class on time, which is highly educational and improves student learning, and is just great in all ways, so the question must be asked: Why can't we just bring our backpacks to class. A locker is like a really bulky and stationary and inconveniently awkward backpack, with a weird space arrangement and no portability. And my school is also issuing chromebooks, little laptop type devices to help with our learning, that costs hundreds of dollars to get repaired, although it has a lot less likely chance of being broken in the first place if it's nice and snug in a backpack. This argument is just rofl. The choice is obvious and clear, so why does the school have such a big problem with it? IT'S ENDANGERING THE LIVES OF THE STUDENTS! OMG! Seriously? Nothing is going to happen. "What if a student uses his backpack, full of supplies, as a WEAPON?" - What if he just used his pencil/pen as a weapon, or, if he was strong enough to lift a heavy backpack, how about a less padded and lighter instrument called the desk? Backpacks do not pose additional threats. Pencils are more dangerous. Seriously.

• Two much room

If schools have narrow hall ways it can take up to much room and can be to big to fit in lockers,and can hit people that are right around the corner and can cause back pain to people who have to much stuff in their book bag and cause heath issues

• Students should be able to bring their backpacks because the older you get the more homework and papers you have to be responsible for

If kids only had binders and folders things could get lose and fall out.This leads to important papers lost or valubable things lost.For i stance i have a little brother and when it is reading I have to put his things in my backpack.People may say that kids having a backpack can lead to bringing toys and other innapropriate things but i think my statement should stand

• Yes we should

It will be a better way to get to class faster then what we do now . We have to stop at are lockers and get are books out that take up time,and if we carry all them book we going to hurt are arm so let use wear are book bag

• Backpacks should be removed from all elementary, middle school and high schools.

Girls carry purses most generally at all times on them, boys have wallets most generally at all times one them, most of all elementary students have one class home room, the middle school and high school students have lockers to use. The elementary students can have a folder sent home each day with notes, assignments, graded papers and or books needed to returned the next day to the home room teacher.

Back packs are an essential in school but a non essential to end gun violence in our children school. In the state of our country, they need to be 100% removed because there are alternatives and to many school shootings.

Kids can carry books, paper, pencils , purses, wallets, and use the lockers that the schools already provide. Most elementary schools don't change class rooms, so everything is left in a desk or if they do change class rooms the classes are pretty much directly across or besides on another to where they are not traveling far to even need a back pack.

I feel that everyone can do without backpacks to help end gun violence in our schools. The less people carry around on them, the less places a person will have to stash items that don't belong on any school property, to also include things that children are under age of. The schools, the teachers, the administration, and the buses for our children will be much safer.

• A quality backpack, worn properly is essential to our children's back/spine health, and will NOT encourage concealed contraband or weapons.

My son's HS has a ridiculous policy that students can not carry backpacks during the day, but they ARE allowed to have a purse (the size of a school folder), or one of those ridiculous, impractical "draw-string" bags. Obviously the security concern is negated by allowing draw-string bags and purses. Couple that with the fact that students sometimes have to carry (at least) 1 heavy text book, 1 school issued notebook computer, 1 charger, 1 additional accessory like a bluetooth mouse, 1 paper notebook, 1 folder, supporting paper documents, syllabus, 1 pencil, 1 pen, sometimes a protractor, calculator, highlighter, eraser. Plus any personal items a student may require (tissues, feminine hygiene products, chap stick, etc) Just the computer and text book can weigh nearly 6 lbs by themselves. Stuffing 6 lbs of material into a drawstring bag, and hanging it over your shoulders by a thin piece of rope for 7 hours a day is just not practical / safe. Carrying it by hand is also not practical (it's 2014, we've evolved as a species to be able to design things like backpacks so we don't have to carry things in our arms)

For all the people claiming that backpacks support school violence/shootings - Please show me the data that supports this claim, otherwise you're coming to conclusion based on unsubstantiated, arbitrary information, and this is a horrible way to form an opinion. Stop pretending that our children are stupid, if they want to smuggle contraband or weapons into school, they will! They're industrious, ingenious, and capable. I like to think that our nations students are "smarter" than our nations prison population, and there's well documented evidence that prisoners smuggle in drugs/weapons DESPITE no backpacks (AND intensive security measures in place). So the security argument is pretty weak, uninspired, and lazy (it's easy to use that argument to "convince" large numbers of people very simply because it sounds reasonable without much additional thought).

7 hours a day + carrying around numerous, heavy, delicate items = potential for a miserable experience for our kids!

Backpacks = essential (especially at the higher grade levels)

• Students should not have backpacks!

Backpacks can carry guns, knives, or other weapons. Also, it will clog up hallways more because it will make the backpack longer causing people to take up more space. Finally, backpacks may be able to help with other needs such as carrying less weight, but it is not worth the risk to let people cry about it.

• Wow Think people Think

This increases back problems, plush you guys don't think logically. Seriously it's a pain wearing backpacks on my back with 1000 tons pushing on your back might break your bones. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE THINK DON'T KILL YOUR CHILD wow. This is sad people are willing to tourcher their childs and animals for the

• No no no

No kjdnfkrg xfkjdnklfndklg dkvjdrfmgd fdkgjmifsghmtgf dgfnkfnhbtyg bgfbfgbrgf fdgrbgfbfg fbgbg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g gg g g g g g g g fg g g g g no no no no no no no

• No the cause back pain

Personally i am a student i see my peers hunched over with backpacks twice there wait last year i counted in total 12 blisters on my arms and iv had a back breaking pain through have of last years summer bookbags are just stupid students can conseil drugs alcohol and weapons

• Yes we should

I am a student at garrard middle school we have lockers but the locks are old and hardley work and we are late to class me and many of my friends agree with me i would love to have a book bag know we could hide drugs in ook bg but we have dogs that come search the school often

• Backpacks are bad

Backpacks are mean to me because of donkeys. They hurt me and bully me. Hopefully this opinion is anonymous because if the backpacks and donkeys see that I wrote it they would kill me. Literally kill me. V donkeys donkeys donkeys donkeys donkeys donkeys donkeys v donkeys donkeys donkeys donkeys v v v

• Backpacks Are NOT Needed

Backpacks cause a lot of back problems and pain. Even though most students do not do drugs it is very possible for weapons or drugs to be hidden in them. On the other hand it is human nature to want something to carry your things in. But there are other options than backpacks, such as lockers to keep your stuff in or book bags with very limited pockets.

• Students should leave backpacks in their lockers

If students wear heavy backpacks during the several hour school day, it can cause back pain, which can lead to scoliosis, which could lead to depression, which could lead to heart disease which wouldnbk f k n n v n mnn mlead to death don don odonk b kifbkhb k bnjk