• Free religion *

I absolutely do think that students at any school should be able to pray at their lunch table. If people haven't forgotten, which I think some have, this is America, land of the free. Free rights that is, and one of those rights is free religion to believe in who and what you want to.
    "First Amendment
    Amendment I:
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Http://www.Law.Cornell.Edu/constitution/first_amendment

That is the url I got that from, no one ever forget the 1st amendment

• Yes, but silently.

If students prayed silently or in their heads to themselves, it would not disrupt anyone. Why prevent students from their beliefs when they can keep it to themselves? There is absolutely no reason to stop students from doing so. I could pray before lunch in my school if I wanted.

• Freedom of Religion

The freedom of open religious expression is a fundamental right that the government must recognize - not give. A person has the right to openly and publicly express their religion, and a common way to do this is to pray. As a student is praying, no one can seriously say it is the school forcing people to one certain religion.

• Yes of course

If you get offended than don't pay attention. People have the right to do whatever they want and they have the right to live the way they live and no one should be able to judge or keep them from doing a harmless part of there religion so therefore its fine.

• This gets a yes

Basic freedom of speech. As long as that speech does not become damaging or coercive, or serve to wrongfully exclude other children who, for the sake of this argument, may not share the same faith, it is perfectly acceptable, not only at lunch, but at practically any time of the day.

• Let me speak before you comment.

Look, I am okay with students praying. I do think that this is a great time to discuss why we should not have mandated, or led, or even encouraged prayer. It can be insulting to the many who do not believe in prayer, or a deity. A led prayer can be offensive to people who have to be the one with enough conviction of their lack of a belief, rather then those who choose to believe having to be the ones of strong conviction. I don't think I have to say why mandated prayer is bad.