• HATS are amazing

I love hats they are a part of me when I take my hat off i feel naked. My hats are important to me my family gives them to me. The only time that I take my hat off is during the pledge of allegiance. There is no other reason to take my hat off. Thank you debate.Org

• It's a stupid rule

Students should have the right to choose what they wear and don't wear in school. Teachers think it's disrespectful, but what is it disrespecting. I think students to have the right to choose for themselves. If teachers don't like it then The only right they should have is to choose how they react to it. What happened to the freedom in free country

• It's awesome dude

We should be able to wear hats because it's normal to wear and i don't think we're gonna destroy or steal anything. What do you people think we are serial killers hats are normal and it is perfectly fine to wear a hat hell I wear them at class BOOM!

• I wear my hat every day!

I wear my hats every day at school and only certain teachers(aka the strict ones) yell at me for having my hat on. Why cant i wear my hat if its a part of me? I feel complete with my hat on! Just saying its a stupid rule!WEAR HATS TO SCHOOL!

• Say yes! Hats!

Students should be able to wear hats because its expression. It lets the students express who they are. Also its an accessory and it helps their sense of style. It helps them be themselves. If they cannot be themselves then who are they? They feel like they are not themselves anymore. Just cause one person does not like it does not mean others don't. Opinions are different then others wanting to express who they are. They just want to be themselves not who they are not. Look at it in the others shoes. Do you want to be someone who feels like they are not being themselves or someone who feels like they have no voice to speak up and say what they want and others to follow. Some people just want their rights to how they dress and how they style themselves if they cant then who are they?

• Hats are awesome

A lot of kids wear hats and love them, the need to prevent the happy classroom is of uttermost importance. It is not likely that kids will hide harmful weapons when the adults are watching and know all the trouble makers. Hats are an accessory that helps kids express themselves.

• Cancer patients/people with Trichotillamania need hats to help with their disease/disorder.

If I were a cancer patient receiving treatment, I would not want my whole school knowing about it! It opens up room for talking behind people's backs and also for pity. Cancer patients do not want to be pitied. Also, I happen to have a stress disorder called Trichotillamania which causes me to pull out my hair. In my high school of 2000, I do happen to know of another with the condition. There could be more. Hats help us keep from pulling out our hair in times of stress. What place is more stressful for a high school student than in the classroom during a test? If I could wear a hat to school, I wouldn't have to be ashamed when the person behind me reminds me that "we aren't in a barber shop."

• I thing we should be able to wear hats in school

Students (like me) SHOULD be allowed to wear hats in school facilities and buildings during instruction time. This is the 21st century, I believe fashion is ever changing and that if I want to accessorize my outfit I should be not only allowed to do so but encouraged. Headwear is stylish and fun, and could be the perfect addition to anyone's clothing choices. No one's style choices and creativity should be suppressed. People often use the argument: "wearing hats indoors is disrespectful", well that is an opinion and if one person has the opinion that wearing the color orange on the second Thursday of each month if on an odd numbered day is disrespectful does that mean it shouldn't be allowed? No. That is just one person's opinion. And then the argument: "hats could be distracting to the other students", is often given. Well, so is the wearing of bright neon colors, but highlighter orange pants are not banned in my student handbook. I could be distracted by what is happening outside in English class, but does that mean it should be illegal for fire trucks to blast their sirens when they go past the road in front of my high school? No. Because that is just stupid. Life has many distractions, but banning them will not solve all of these problems. After that the argument: "hats could hide weapons and drugs", is made, and to this I say, oh please. Give me a break! So could a purse! Or a book bag! Or your pants! Does this mean we should ban purses and make girls carry their tampons, pads, and other personal items? No. Should we ban book bags and make students carry their books, binders, notebooks, folders, and pencils to and from class to class and to and from home to school? No. Should we ban pants? No. As you can see these arguments are made by personal opinions and outdated beliefs. No one should be deprived of their choice of headwear!

• Yes to hats

One reason schools should let us wear hats is because it is a fun way to express yourself. They can be a fun way to express yourself because you can show things like a sports team you like, a sports team you play for, and a lot more! Hats that express your personality can lead to confidence. Hats are a creative fashion that is not like any other clothes because they can be something worn on your head while blocking out the sun from your eyes. That is why baseball players wear them, to protect their eyes. Not only do hats allow you to express yourself they provide protection on your face.

Hats are harmless so we should be allowed to wear them. They can’t hurt anybody and they don’t distract anybody. All hats are are a fun accessory on your head to protect you from the sun, they aren’t a distraction so you can still pay attention in class while wearing a hat. I am okay with hats being banned if they have an inappropriate display. But as long as there are no inappropriate displays there is nothing to worry about.

• Think about the future.

I'm a teacher. If I say no hats, then I'm strict. If I say it's ok to wear hats I'm cool. The truth is young people don't like being told what to do. High school is a time of rebellion. Each generation has their own rules to fight. If young people would stop to think about the future they might get a clue about what the no hat rule is preparing them for. Go for a job interview with a hat on. Go to a college admissions interview with a hat on. All that is going to happen with your right to express yourself is the right to a lower paying job and a college that's not in you top 5, or 10. At some point you'll mature and see how the world works. The hat rule is systemic of a larger, more pressing issue, which is the lack of character education in schools and at home. If we had that, then there would be need for the rule. You'd know to take it off on your own.

• It is disrespectful

Children's hats featuring beloved cartoon characters have been taken off the shelves after safety tests found they posed a serious risk of strangulation – a study called “‘Dangerous' kids' hats seized over strangulation fears” shows hats are a severe choking hazard. Hats also come in gang colors that wouldn’t be school appropriate. You can also hide drugs and stolen valuables. Hats can also be distracting during school. And Teachers can’t see their students face and that is disrespectful

• Hoi I Temmie

Hoi i temme hoi i temme hoi i temme hoi i temme hoi i temme hoi i temme hoi i temme hoi i temme hoi i temme hoi i temme hoi i temme hoi i temme hoi i temme hoi i temme hoi i temme hoi i temme hoi i temme hoi i temme

• Why we shouldn't wear hats in school!!!

I think we should not have hats in school because hats would most likely be a distraction to the people wearing them and to others. Another reason is if someone is wearing their hat and they are in the hall doing something they shouldn’t they won’t get into trouble because they would be wearing their hat and we would not be able to see their face. Hats in a learning environment could cause distractions in the classroom. For example, a hat can fall off or be snatched off of someone's head at anytime during a class discussion or a directional activity. A hat can also be a distraction by it being too tall or too vibrant to the student sitting behind whoever has the hat. Hats can carry lice and other bugs or can be unsanitary to the next person to wear the hat. It is polite to remove your hats indoors because “like a legion it’s a sign of respect.”

Many teens and even younger kids wonder why they can’t wear hats in school. Well, the answer is simple. Wearing hats is disrespectful. It can also represent gang logos or pictures to identify who is in their group. Also, wearing hats sideways can show gangs. Many people have found that teens have cheated on tests because they pull their hat down, and they have the answers to the questions inside. Nowadays, we think of so many things to do that are wrong, we now have to ban hats. We cheat with hats, we represent gangs with hats and the ways we wear them. How have we come up with so many ways to do bad things, so that we cannot enjoy just a small hat?

• Yes yes yes

I thing we should be able to wear hats in school Students (like me) SHOULD be allowed to wear hats in school facilities and buildings during instruction time. This is the 21st century, I believe fashion is ever changing and that if I want to accessorize my outfit I should be not only allowed to do so but encouraged. Headwear is stylish and fun, and could be the perfect addition to anyone's clothing choices. No one's style choices and creativity should be suppressed. People often use the argument: "wearing hats indoors is disrespectful", well that is an opinion and if one person has the opinion that wearing the color orange on the second Thursday of each month if on an odd numbered day is disrespectful does that mean it shouldn't be allowed? No. That is just one person's opinion. And then the argument: "hats could be distracting to the other students", is often given. Well, so is the wearing of bright neon colors, but highlighter orange pants are not banned in my student handbook. I could be distracted by what is happening outside in English class, but does that mean it should be illegal for fire trucks to blast their sirens when they go past the road in front of my high school? No. Because that is just stupid.

• Yes yes yes

• Yes yes yes

• Yes yes yes

• Disrespect for your country

Its disrespectful not only to the school, the teachers, it is disrespectful to the hundreds of thousands of people that lost their lives defending the united states and every other country. Soldiers take their hats off inside every building for a reason and so should everyone else. Plus there is no sun inside so you just look like an idiot!

• Absolutely Rude! :(

There is absolutely no way students should wear hats in classrooms because teachers can't see their faces and in this case, children in my class keep wearing hats inside so I have to keep yelling at them. BTW, my name is Gary Audas and I teach a private Boys' school in Sydney. Thanks.