Should students be allowed to bring pets to school?

• Pet should not be allowed a school !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pets should not and i repeat should not be allowed at school because they could make a mess and students have to clean it up which is not fair. Also pets could not run around that much because they will be stuck in the class room un till recess and lunch so it will be better for them to stay at home because it will be better.Pets like dogs can attack one another or attack the students :( :( :( i would like to take my dog to school but that would not be good

• Kids need pets

Pets are the center of any kids' world. If anyone has allergies they can get a shot or leave to a different room. Kids would have more interest in learning because their pet is learning with them. Pets can also help kids with disabilities, like diabetes, and will make those kids who feel left out feel like they have friend.

• Yes, animals are helpful!

Animals are proven to help reduce stress. Animals can help children take a break if times are hard. Animals are fun. Animals are great companions. They can help children let of steam. Animals should be allowed at schools for many reasons. They can be helpful to everyday children at school!

• As long as no one is allergic

As long as people with allergies are kept away, there should be a bring your pet to school day once a year. I think teachers could incorporate it into their curriculum, such as a descriptive essay about their pets. After all, it could boost morale and give students something to look forward to other than tests

• Educational tool for teachers

For all you people voting no, if you want kids to be more responsible about it, the teachers can create a class where you learn how to properly take care of a pet: grooming it, feedings it, taking it to potty, etc. this way kids would know what they're doing.

• If you can go to school so can pets

Maybe if pets were allowed at school kids would be happier and more excited to learn. That can improve many kids life , they could have a better chance to be what they really want
    to be like a doctor, nurse , cop , anything . Many lives could be saved

• Pets at school

Kids can be more responsible with homework and remembering tests if they bring pets because they'll be already used to taking care of their pet. It can also help them be happy about going to school that looking forward to summer vacations and can improve their ability to learn when their happy.

• Yes obviously pets are awesome

Yes you should be able to bring pets to school becuz kids can actually look forward to school instead of not wanting to go. Pets can also help create less stress for tests and homework assignments. They can cheer us up when we're feeling down after getting a bad grade or sth. Even if some ppl r allergic to dogs or cats or whatever, they can get shots or stay away from them.

• Of course they should!!!

Schools need to keep their students happy and entertained in order for them to leaner properly and not move to s different school. Even if some students or teachers might have allergies, they can ALWAYS get shots to cure them. The students can always pet there pet on a lead, I big problem is the pet getting lost. Even if the pet is loyal, it might get scared of the other students and the strange activities happinging all around them and the suden silence of the classroom.

• Yes they should,

Animals are a great way to get students to enjoy school instead of not wanting to go and wanting to stay at home. Students most of the time hate school and think that it is more of a prison than a school. I think that pets would fix that problem.

• Yes because pets can calm people down and sometimes people can't concentrate in school

Yes because pets can calm people down and sometimes people can't concentrate in school Animals are a great way to get students to enjoy school instead of not wanting to go and wanting to stay at home. Students most of the time hate school and think that it is more of a prison than a school. I think that pets would fix that problem.
    Report Post

• I wish, but NO...

Pets shouldn't be allowed at school due to the fact that the pets could cause a commotion and people could get injured or even the pets and they could even cause a mess that the students would be responsible for. Also, because the pets could get in the way of students education and teachers teaching. Plus, if the pets were to be small or skinny and they were to be lost then the students would not be able to find them which could cause a problem.

Report Post

• Schools are for Learning, not Playing

Due to the poison which many pets have, I DO NOT think that pets should be aloud in school. It can result in death and serious illnesses. They can also distract children from learning and some kids are not reaching the standards for their year.
    Children should also not have pets in school because they need to know that they cannot always have their pet with them.

• No they shouldn't

I think that pets should not be able to be in schools because, many students could be allergic to pets and also if there spending more time with pets then what would you really be learning at school? That's just a few reason's why pets should not be allowed in school.

• No schools are for learning

Students should not be allowed to bring pets to school. The school is a place to get an education and there needs to be some limits placed on what is acceptable there. Pets would not serve any real purpose in an education. There is a time and place for pets, but schools are not it.

• Children need boundaries

There is little clear benefit for having pets in schools, but the cost of having pets in schools would be high. Children don't need to be completely at home in every environment they are in, and pushing children's boundaries is beneficial to them in the long run. Pets are for the home.

• There's always a reason why

Children shouldn't be aloud to bring pets to school because they distract you.Other children might be allergic to that pet.They also shouldn't be aloud because what if the poor animal runs off to other strangers the pet might not know and get stolen.What if the pet gets lost in the school?The owner might never find its pet back.This is why I recommend students don't bring their pets to school.

• I just want to say..... NO PETS AT SCHOOL!

These pets can cause people to steal them. Your best and only pet ever. I bet you will cry. Secondly, they can be a distraction for learning. The kids could be playing with their pet all day long. Also pets like dogs can attack one another or attack the students . This might cause blood, fear, screaming, crying, injuries and broken bones. These animals could start to want food, be hungry , require something, start going toilet in the hub. Kids could be so jealous that they try to steal the pet and hide it somewhere. It might also be because everyone else has a pet and you don't, you'll be jealous. If someone is allergic if the animal/pet get close to them or he/she will touch or do something, their parents will have to pick them up this means that it will waste their parents time because they might've been doing their job. Your pet really could go nutty because of the noise or so many people surrounding it. The animal/pet might need to go toilet so then it finds a place on the hub and starts pooing or peeing, this means the poor cleaners might have to come in early to clean the mess. This will cost the school more money to pay the cleaners. This may not be in order but don't expect much from me because I am only 8. Thank you, please agree with me. I hope I convinced you.

• One word: allergies

I fully understand that dogs can be great tools in a classroom, they can be helpful to students with disabilities, and they can just be fun. The problem is the kids with allergies. I go to a school where people think, just because they aren't allergic, no one is. They don't understand that while some allergies are minor, some aren't. I have seen plenty of schools ban kids from having peanut butter at lunch because of an allergy, so why not the same for dogs. I am severely asthmatic, I have tried the shots to no avail, and don't interact with the dogs at all. The problem is that asthma is something triggered by dander, which is the dead skin and hair follicles from a dog. Its something airborne. A great example: someone brought their dog for an interview to get into the school. They were in the office and I was on the other side of the building. I started noticing that breathing was becoming difficult for me. I had no idea why so I shrugged it off, but it not only made it nearly impossible to learn but I almost had to go to the hospital to acquire treatment for this. I later learned that someone had brought their dog to school and that was the reason for my sudden asthma attack. Sure not every kid has such severe reactions, and it can even help sometimes, but its not fair in any way to the kids that do have such severe allergies. Maybe you love peanut butter and it is your favorite snack, but your best friend is so allergic they would die if you ate it in the same room as them (this is a thing). You wouldn't put them in that situation, no matter how much you liked peanut butter. You can just wait to have it until you get home or go outside. So why can't we extend the same curtesy to kids with pet allergies.