Should students be allowed to bring pets to school?

• Pet should not be allowed a school !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pets should not and i repeat should not be allowed at school because they could make a mess and students have to clean it up which is not fair. Also pets could not run around that much because they will be stuck in the class room un till recess and lunch so it will be better for them to stay at home because it will be better.Pets like dogs can attack one another or attack the students :( :( :( i would like to take my dog to school but that would not be good

• Kids need pets

Pets are the center of any kids' world. If anyone has allergies they can get a shot or leave to a different room. Kids would have more interest in learning because their pet is learning with them. Pets can also help kids with disabilities, like diabetes, and will make those kids who feel left out feel like they have friend.

• Yes, animals are helpful!

Animals are proven to help reduce stress. Animals can help children take a break if times are hard. Animals are fun. Animals are great companions. They can help children let of steam. Animals should be allowed at schools for many reasons. They can be helpful to everyday children at school!

• As long as no one is allergic

As long as people with allergies are kept away, there should be a bring your pet to school day once a year. I think teachers could incorporate it into their curriculum, such as a descriptive essay about their pets. After all, it could boost morale and give students something to look forward to other than tests

• Educational tool for teachers

For all you people voting no, if you want kids to be more responsible about it, the teachers can create a class where you learn how to properly take care of a pet: grooming it, feedings it, taking it to potty, etc. this way kids would know what they're doing.

• Yes they are nice

The service dog at my brothers elementary school is really nice and he doesn't bother the kids who don't like dogs. Next thing you know when my brother gets into 6th grade he will feel like he is in prison because he doesn't have the freedom that he does now.

• Yes pets should be allowed at school

Yes because pets are amazing they do so much for us. Some pets can be trained to do certain things like turn on and off the lights and guide the blind. Not only do pets do that they also can comfort and encourage students to work harder. Additionally pets can reduce the amount of stress upon students

• Yes, Pets are helpful

We could use them for science experience, take out some stress and if you are bored you can play with them. It is fun to play with them, we can relax and have fun with the pets. It is not good when we have allergies but it is alright if there are none people that has an allergies. Pets will feel thankful because we are helping them to not be hurt or sick. So I think pet is a good to bring in the school

• I love animals!

I don't like school and a lot of other kids don't either. Pets could make school more interesting. Pets would also make school seem slightly shorter because you would have to take them out to go potty every few hours. This would also allow everyone to get more exercise throughout the day.

• Good to show friends!

Your friends never see your pets unless they go to your house. People hardly go to their friends houses and you have to organise everything and it's just a nightmare. I think pets should be allowed in school as your friends can meet them and make friends with your pets.

• Yes because pets can calm people down and sometimes people can't concentrate in school

Yes because pets can calm people down and sometimes people can't concentrate in school Animals are a great way to get students to enjoy school instead of not wanting to go and wanting to stay at home. Students most of the time hate school and think that it is more of a prison than a school. I think that pets would fix that problem.
    Report Post

• I wish, but NO...

Pets shouldn't be allowed at school due to the fact that the pets could cause a commotion and people could get injured or even the pets and they could even cause a mess that the students would be responsible for. Also, because the pets could get in the way of students education and teachers teaching. Plus, if the pets were to be small or skinny and they were to be lost then the students would not be able to find them which could cause a problem.

• One word: allergies

I fully understand that dogs can be great tools in a classroom, they can be helpful to students with disabilities, and they can just be fun. The problem is the kids with allergies. I go to a school where people think, just because they aren't allergic, no one is. They don't understand that while some allergies are minor, some aren't. I have seen plenty of schools ban kids from having peanut butter at lunch because of an allergy, so why not the same for dogs. I am severely asthmatic, I have tried the shots to no avail, and don't interact with the dogs at all. The problem is that asthma is something triggered by dander, which is the dead skin and hair follicles from a dog. Its something airborne. A great example: someone brought their dog for an interview to get into the school. They were in the office and I was on the other side of the building. I started noticing that breathing was becoming difficult for me. I had no idea why so I shrugged it off, but it not only made it nearly impossible to learn but I almost had to go to the hospital to acquire treatment for this. I later learned that someone had brought their dog to school and that was the reason for my sudden asthma attack. Sure not every kid has such severe reactions, and it can even help sometimes, but its not fair in any way to the kids that do have such severe allergies. Maybe you love peanut butter and it is your favorite snack, but your best friend is so allergic they would die if you ate it in the same room as them (this is a thing). You wouldn't put them in that situation, no matter how much you liked peanut butter. You can just wait to have it until you get home or go outside. So why can't we extend the same curtesy to kids with pet allergies.

• No no no

School it's a place to allow kids to learn it's fun place and it's not a zoo to bring a pets to school because they can make a mess and they need to clean it so no and they can attack other pets or attack other students so be it resolved that pets should not be allowed

Report Post

• Schools are for Learning, not Playing

Due to the poison which many pets have, I DO NOT think that pets should be aloud in school. It can result in death and serious illnesses. They can also distract children from learning and some kids are not reaching the standards for their year.
    Children should also not have pets in school because they need to know that they cannot always have their pet with them.

• No no no

• No no no no

NO NO NO NO. I would no because... ALLERGIES. THE PETS COULD ATTACK OTHER PETS-THEY COULD WANDER OFF AND GET LOST SO YOU WILL NEVER EVER SEE YOUR PET AGAIN :( YOUR PET CAN ATTACK OR DESTROY SOMEONES AND THEIR WORK- ROOM WHERE WOULD THEY HAVE THE ROOM TO WANDER AROUND- LIKE REALLY NO PETS IN SCHOOL
    -Sarah B.

• What the heck of course not

Kids have allergies. WTF If there were pets at school that would create a HUGE distraction. In addition all the halls would smell like crap. The students would be responsible for picking up their dog's sh-t. Many people including me have allergies. Who wants dogs everywhere barking when you are trying to work? What are you supposed to do with them during class? I don't know what kind of pets would be aloud. I don't see a problem with just like little guinea pigs in your locker.

• Pets cause problems

Pets should not be allowed in schools because pets need a lot of attention. Most of students want to bring pets to school because they want a reason to skip class. Some pets need to go for a walk or needs to be fed. This will make distract the students from learning. If the students keep the pets in class, it may deteriorate the pets health. Certain pets can't stand the light or the noise created by students. Pets also can make a mess in the class and the class will start to smell. Nowadays, students have a variety of pets and some have poison. It can result in death and serious illnesses. Certain pets will fight will each other. If this happens, it will cause commotion in the class. As a conclusion, the school is a place to get an education and there needs to be some limits placed on what is acceptable there. Pets would not serve any real purpose in an education. There is a time and place for pets, but schools are not it