Should students be allowed to choose their own teachers?

• Yes of course

You all are adults,aren't you?LOL.No wonder you're all like,"it's for the best" and "children make poor choices". Blahblahblahblahblah.....Though seriously,we ARE capable and not spoilt.We'll get better grades and whatever PERFECT child you want to be,so jesus,what's the point in not letting us choose our own teachers?(The no's are losing,so if you're reading this,click yes.If you don't, you'll be a loser.)

• Yes yes yes

J j f nt v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v f fv f v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v f v v v v v v v v v v v v v

• Yes yes yes

• Hell yeah we should

Skssjs s a a a a s s d v h r a eu y f r r r e e q e y i i r a e uu t ss t k i i kh d s a s h j g d s a s g d

• Yes,children should have it

Because when children are given a choice,they are happier,and research shows that when people are happier,those peoples' productivity will grow by at least twelve percent and they will work harder.Being given a choice,even if it's a hard choice,is better than not being given a choice at all.And,choice will help them in the future

• Stuff and coc

I like people I like people I like people I like people I like people I like people I like people I like people I like people I like people I like people I like people I like people I like peopleI like people I like people I like people I like people I like people I like people I like people I like people I like people I like people I like people I like people I like people I like people

• Stuff and coc

• Yes because of many reasons!

I'm doing a debate on this very topic and yes students should choose their teachers. From personal experience, choosing teachers is a big thing for some students because of maybe comfort, maybe for know league, there could be soooooo many reasons why. My points for the debate are the importance of encouragement in the original curriculum. My second point will address the progress that is achieving empowerment for students everywhere. Wish me luck!

Going back to the point, NAPLAN has really not being approved by the education socitey but they still do it, and for a grade 7er, i HATE NAPLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Students should pick teachers

Students should be able to choose there own teachers because
    -its beneficial for both students and teachers
    -teachers have their own style of teaching which better suit individual students abilities and strengths.
    -it will also increase kids confidence and they will actually enjoy going to school.

So students should be able to chooses their own teachers.

• Students should pick teachers

• No kids shouldn't

Be able to choose their own teacher because say their are 50 kids and 2 teachers. What if 48 choose one and 2 choose another. That wouldn't be fair at all plus, some teachers might go on strike! When I was young I didn't get to choose my teachers but I liked them perfectly fine.

• Students should not be allowed to choose their own teachers.

Students should not be allowed because of three main reasons.
    1. Too crowded or empty rooms.
    2. The experience of being with different teachers helps prepare a student for their future.
    3. Distraction during class.

1st Point.
    Everybody wants to choose their favorite teacher, no duh. But, if everybody chooses one teacher, the classrooms would be too crowded for a student to learn anything, or for a teacher to teach anything, for that matter. We need to balance out the classrooms.

2nd Point.
    If a student always gets what they want during school, they will not be used to when they don't get what they want, therefore becoming 'spoiled'. They will not cope well with these situations. Therefore, by putting a student through the experience of a different teacher that may not be their favorite, they will gain experience, and can cope better with different situations. Also, by putting a student through a variety of teachers with different teaching styles and attitudes, they will also be better prepared for different people one may meet throughout their lifetime.

3rd Point.
    When students get to choose, they'll choose a class with their friends. They'll talk to their friends during class, get distracted, not focus on the teacher, and have no idea what's going on. They may not be learning as much as they could have been.

No conclusion, sorry. I'm in a rush.

• How does that work?

Do u want your science teacher as your sport teacher? Do u want ur math teacher as your music teacher? Students have enough choice in school already. I sometime have no idea what I am doing but After I ask a teacher I trust I get on. You need a teacher u trust.

• They should not

Be able to pick their own teachers because they would pick all the goofball teacher and the better, more serious teachers would hav, like, little to no students in their class. So, no they shouldn't be able to. It's unfar. Also, they goofy teachers would have EVERYONE, and that would be stressful.

• Variety is the spice of life

As nice as it would be for a student to choose their own teachers, it goes against one of the biggest benefits of education, which is to encourage students to appreciate different forms of thinking. Different kinds of teachers, with different backgrounds and different methods of teaching, are important for students to gain this skill.

• Life doesn't work like that

Kids need to learn to work with a variety of different people. Some teachers they will like and get along with and some they will not, but it is an essential life skill to be able respect and work with people who do not mesh that well with your personality.

This would also cause a nightmare for schools when it comes to timetablling the classes.

• Students should not be able to choose their own teachers.

If a student was to choose their teacher, they would always go for the "Cool Teacher," like if a kid told a younger student, "Hey, you should choose Mr.Centri, he lets us smoke weed!" The other child would be put under the pressure of his peers to go there and smoke all the weed he can possibly handle. They would get no work done, talk to each other, and then not get into a good college and thus they will ultimately fail in life and become a beggar on the street with an addiction to weed.

• Do all students really know what is best for them as a learner?

Do you believe that six year-olds really know what they need in their learning? Just imagine: little kids making big choices. Intrusting little children with a responsibility so great would be a mistake. The word "student" is defined as: " Someone who is engaged in a course of study and instruction, as at a college, university or proffesional technical school" by the Macquarie Dictionary. This includes children from Years 1, Years 2 and so on. When education is as important as it is, can we really trust children of any age to make the informed wiser choice, as a pose to the fun, mostly uninformed, academically unbeneficial choice? Is it wise on our behalf to be letting children take their education into their own hands - in a scenario like this?

• Incoming students don't know teachers- how can they make an informed choice

The external students won't know the teachers at the school so how do they know who to choose? This is a clear disadvantage. This also applies to incoming teachers. How would the students know the characteristics and personalities of the teachers. This argument I have presented is without a doubt