Should students be allowed to curse in school?

Asked by: nacb99
  • Yes they Should

Words are sounds. You shouldn't get in trouble for making a sound. I hate it when parents and teachers yell at you for saying something. I never understood why some words were considered "bad" in the first place. If it's the meaning behind the word, then why is it sociably acceptable to say the word "hate" but it's wrong to use what we call profanity.

• Why not swear?

Becuase the other day my deputy head caught me say the word shit. I mean i slipped and neraly fell on my broken arm. He took me into his office and statrd shouting at me becuse i siad that that. But later on that day in the canteen at lunch i head him sweraing to another member of staff and laughing? You tell me is this fair?

• Yes they shood

• It's going to happen

Its going to happen one way or another don't blame them neither yes some of the words are their fault but maybe the grew up in a bad school and they get in trouble even by accident sometime when you hurt yourself you say it by accident and you don't mean to put it in a sentence and sometimes reasons happen you get mad and you say it by accident they will hear the words soon enough and you are getting them in trouble because they say it all around I've hear so many curse sometimes they stick with you.

• Yes, students should be able to curse in school

As a student myself, I believe that limiting our speech is not benefiting our education. I enjoy writing and singing, and I often curse in both of those activities. Maybe young kids should not be allowed, but preventing us from doing it in the classroom is not helping anyone. Most people my age curse frequently, and a couple of teachers have too, so why is it so wrong for students to curse?

• La constitution of the united states of america

I am a minor lawyer at la john horn high school i say we should be able to say what ever we want because the U.S. gave us the right to but now that the school is taking it is not right is like their taking our right the same peopel that gave it to us that is not fair and justice is fair so i demand justice if u want contact me at 4696440568

• Yes. Just don’t go too crazy.

It’s okay to say curse words. Just don’t use them all the time. Sometimes it feels really good to just say one curse. We have a freedom of speech (even though that’s not what they mean by that) we are allowed to say what we like. In school, I would say that if you get in trouble, it’s not like you’re saying a completely different word if you say shoot, or jerk or butthole. It’s the same as if you say shit, bitch and asshole. At times, you just need to say a swear word just once to just feel more relieved. People may prefer it if you didn’t say cuss words, but that doesn’t mean you can’t at all. Saying cuss words allows you to literally be free. If we all had to try not to cuss, we would be held back from saying what we really want to say because what we want to say uses a bad word! Teachers shouldn’t hold you back from swearing because it’s “inappropriate”. One time I heard two teachers talking about threesomes while they were holding a class. So they should be ones to say we can’t cuss. Kids should be allowed to say what they want in school, but they shouldn’t rely on cuss words all the time. Maybe just sometimes or even seldom. People should just make sure they are being cautious of their surroundings so they don’t offend anyone. Other than that, kids should be able to curse if adults can.

• Yes they should.

"Swear words" are just like normal words. They still have meaning and people are ok with other people saying fudge which means the exact same thing so what is the point? They also say shoot and a bunch of other stuff so kids should definetly be allowed to swear in school.

• What's the point?

Any swear word is just the same as a regular word. People tell you to find an alternative such as 'fudge', etc. but in the end, we mean the same thing so why does it matter, and we all know that teachers swear in school anyway, or at least some do.

• Maybe, yes, sometimes

I live in country where swearing is pretty normal. I am still in school myself and have heard teachers swearing a bunch of times. Of course, they don't do it on purpose. I don't think you should to swear every other word, I know swearing is bad (I'm a Christian), but sometimes swearword can be just what you need. I don't really think this would work in my school, tho. Students here would deffinetly over-use it, but if someone swears accidently, I wouldn't punish them. Sorry my english is bad, I'm only 15 and english is my second language

• No, they shouldn't.

Cursing, especially in SCHOOL, is highly disrespectful and enitrely unneeded. When a teacher is giving a lesson, students shouldn't just be able to curse all around and in the hallways and such. This is also setting a horrible example for smaller or younger students around them, and we don't little children swearing, now do we?

• Nopedy nopety no

Well i believe in God so yer i'd have to say no on that one, it's disrespectful to God and can be to other people as well. Even if it's a habit, it shouldn't be allowed at schools. The less cursing in the world, is less of that particular sin, so yer its always good to have a clean mouth :)

• No, because there are many hidden consequences for it.

No, because, as many people don't know, cursing can increase a persons anger and temper. Imagine all the students cursing, and day by day, they become angrier and more uncontrollable.
    Also, when a person curses, it becomes a habit for them, which causes them to curse at inappropriate times such as in front of a principal, teacher, parent, when they are in trouble, etc. In these situations, cursing would definitely be considered as rude and disrespectful.

I also found this from a website I found explaining the different cons of swearing:
    Swearing Imposes a Personal Penalty
    It gives a bad impression
    It makes you unpleasant to be with
    It endangers your relationships
    It's a tool for whiners and complainers
    It reduces respect people have for you
    It shows you don't have control
    It's a sign of a bad attitude
    It discloses a lack of character
    It's immature
    It reflects ignorance
    It sets a bad example

Swearing is Bad for Society
    It contributes to the decline of civility
    It offends more people than you think
    It makes others uncomfortable
    It is disrespectful of others
    It turns discussions into arguments
    It can be a sign of hostility
    It can lead to violence

Swearing corrupts the English language
    It's abrasive, lazy language
    It doesn't communicate clearly
    It neglects more meaningful words
    It lacks imagination
    It has lost its effectiveness
    ( http://www.Cusscontrol.Com/swearing.Html )

Hope this helped you understand why students shouldn't be allowed to swear in school. :)

• No need for it

There is NO reason for students to have to swear in school, or anywhere, it is pointless in my opinion, and is an excuse to make fun of people, make others affended, or just do it for the "rush" which i feel does not exist. It is just sad to think there are any reasons why bad words are needed.

• No, no, no

Although I myself do curse all the time, i do realize that becaues of school, you learn when and where certain language is acceptable. The school settting, which later turns into the work setting, is not. Kids need to learn that they cannot curse just anywhere, because getting into the habit of not caring and cursing anywhere will later on mess up their chance for a job. What if they accidently curse in an inteview????

• It's a matter of respect.

I personally feel that students should not be able to swear in school out of respect for the teachers and the other students. As a student myself, I know how hard it is for the teachers to put up with idiots in classes, and if they swear at you, you are belittling all of their efforts. They don't swear at the students, so we shouldn't swear at them.

• It's so offensive

I get highly offended when I hear people swear. I was just at the shops and felt awful and uncomfortable being around people swearing. Kids need to learn restraint and when it's not appropriate to use these words, if they can just swear where ever they want they will never learn this.

• No, no student should be a loud curse.

Every student should be a quite blessing. Diligent students who respect their teachers and study their coursework tend to do well. Why would you want a student to be a curse? What sort of sick, perverted logic justifies the desire for students to be a curse upon the school system?

• Cursing is an absolutely bad thing

Cursing is a big problem at my school. In pretty much all of my classes, there are 1 or more students who curse. I don’t like cursing, at all. If I tell them "NO CURSING!" They just curse at me. They tell me "Just shut the f*ck up!" And these are kids ages 12-13 and 13-14. I myself am just 12. Middle school students are cursing left and right, and it is very, very bad. No. Not just bad. It’s scary, and mean. Cursing is bullying. When you curse at someone, you are bullying them.

• Students should not be allowed to curse in school

Students should not be allowed to curse in school because although that may be the way that they express themselves it is still a language that some people do not appreciate. It is against some religions to curse and say all of those dirty words and use the words that they want to use. It makes their religion or their part of their job so much harder than it already is. A proven fact is that when people curse it shows that they do not have a wide vocabulary. That they do not know what words to use so they replace it with curse words. Cursing should not be allowed because it is negativity that doesn't need to be brought into schools.

the_arbiter says2013-10-24T09:46:15.573
A loud curse?