Should students be allowed to do homework during school?

• Yes we should

They can finish faster at school. They can also do fun stuff at home not have stress of doing it and finishing it at home. This will also let us make sure we do homework and not forget what we have to do for homework. This is why we should do it at school.

• It removes the incentive to avoid it

To many students, the distractions of the home are an incentive to avoid doing homework. If they can do it at school, there is no incentive not to do it. Also, sometimes it can feel more appropriate & there is more peace & resources. Then it can be done quicker.

• Yes for sooooo many reasons.

Yes because then after school they can do the things they love and are signed up to do. Kids can exercise longer and can watch television more. Kids should be able to do homework in class to play with frieds and be more active and social. Kids can play more and do other things like taking showers earlier and going to bed earlier.

• Yes for sooooo many reasons.

• I am a middle school student and I hate coming home after sports practice/games and still having to do homework when I come back.

When I come back from an after school activate I hate having to still have to do homework and chores I usually stay up late doing homework and the later a student stays up the more there grades are effected. So I want to be able to have a free period in school to complete my homework so I wont have to worry about it when I get home

• I say hell to the yes

Once they give it to you as an assignment that's due the next day, students have the right to be able to complete it at their own leisure. Dictating WHERE students can do their assignments is just plain dumb

It's made to apply what a student has learned. Just because it's done at school doesn't mean make it any less effective

• You have to do something in your spare time.

If you finish classwork early and you need to find something to do for the rest of the class, homework is a great way to be productive, because the more homework you get done during the day, the less homework you'll have to do when you get home later on.

• Students should be allowed to do homework during school.

Students should be allowed to do homework during school if they want to. There are often designated free periods and study hall sessions for students to do homework. If students want to spend their recess and lunch doing homework also, there should be no reason why they cannot do that.

• If they have the time

If students have the time to take care of homework while they are sequestered away in the closed campuses of schools, then they should absolutely take the opportunity. They're not specifically benefiting by taking this work home with them, what matters is that they are learning one way or another.

• If time permits they should be allowed to do homework in school

Yes. Some children work faster than others, so they should be able to complete their homework in class if time permits. Also the teacher is there if any questions or concerns about the homework is expressed. There is no real reason why a student should be made to wait until they get home. In some cases students have extracurricular actives after school so they purposefully complete all their work during school hours.

• Time cunsumption can affect students

I am against this motion.
    I think homework should be done at because children will have trouble in keeping up the time. E.G in homework club you get a set amount of time to finish our homewrok which for some people is not enough.
    Some people will rush there homework to finish early, thus there handwriting is bad and the content wont make sense, but if you do your homework at home you can take as long as you wish in doing your homework.

• No it defeats the purpose

Homework is designed to make sure students grapsed what they learned in school. If we allow them to do their homework in school we are defeating the purpose. Homework is not just extra work, it is a tool to measure education. If not done at home after school its purpose is lost.