Should students be allowed to do homework during school?

• I Used To DO This

Cmon sometimes you don’t have time to do homework at home some have chores or you cannot remember what page it was but I feel guilty because someone got in trouble when doing it in my school cmon we are young I know it’s called homework but we should also be able to do it during school please fix this rule

• If we have longer study time at school then we will have less assignments missing, higher grades since we’re spending more time on studying/homework

The advrage middle and high schooler spends 3.5 hours a day working on homework that’s about 17.5 hours a week so if we are going to have that much we are going to need more time at school for teachers help and a better studying environment. It is really a win win, teachers get better student who have better test scores, not to mention MAP scores, and the students will be pleased with all As.

• It works for me

In my situation, the school lets you and incorages students to do the majority of there work at school during silent study hall and SMART time. Plus I do some of my homework in class either because I didn't understand something so I put down questions to ask when we go over it or (usually) the teacher will allow the students to work on the homework they assigned them in that subject class to work on it, as long as they got the notes and don't fall behind (cough...KHAN ACADEMY cough..QUIZLET... SHMOOP...CRASH COURSE...Cough.......Dictionary, school textbooks). Plus for me I'm on a FRC robotics team and it is very difficult to try and do homework at home during build season, because I'll get home very late (which is why they also provide study hall). It is just better for me to do it that, so when I get home I can study and chill.

• Sorry if i put random things

We have to be allowed.I am in 5th grade and I have sooo much home work and that is super annoying and also I can even sleep thinking about it.Please do it.
    Plese tjyi t yi y fykuyh g yudsx fi c Forget the random things.Thanks id you will.OKay bye

• Sorry if i put random things

• It is schoolwork it stays at school.

All school work needs to be able to be completed at school. Just as there should be no sports associated with any public school. For the younger grades the kids need time to be kids and they cannot do that when they have homework to do. Once they are old enough to have a job then it interferes with employment. You cannot say that having a job affects schooling. I worked two hours before school and six to eight after school. This was every day not just once in awhile. Saturdays and Sundays were from 5 A.M. To 9 P.M. I took one Saturday a month off. This was by choice. I did not have to work if I didn't want to. Yet even with all of the hours I worked I still graduated with a 3.89 G.P.A. Yes I took A.P. Physics, Chemistry, Trigonometry, Calculus, Geometry. If they would have offered different school hours I would have gladly accepted that. I was the rare student that wanted longer days, fewer days off and no summer break. I would have been able to have the equivalent of a Masters degree upon graduating high school du to all of the wasted time with the school system.

• Sorry-bla bla bla bla bla

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

• Yes kids homwork

Yes because some kids have to do baskeball after school or other activeies or just want to have time to play and they just spent about 7 hours in school and have to do alot of homework at home we dont need to do all of the homework just some of it

• You should be given a time to have homework done.

At my middle school (Not sure if they fixed this is was more than 10 years ago) they had something called Go-Time, where you could do homework for 20 minutes. But then, on Fridays we had to do this anti-bulling thing instead of homework. It was really dumb that they were taking away our time to do it at school.

• Yes we should

They can finish faster at school. They can also do fun stuff at home not have stress of doing it and finishing it at home. This will also let us make sure we do homework and not forget what we have to do for homework. This is why we should do it at school.

• Time cunsumption can affect students

I am against this motion.
    I think homework should be done at because children will have trouble in keeping up the time. E.G in homework club you get a set amount of time to finish our homewrok which for some people is not enough.
    Some people will rush there homework to finish early, thus there handwriting is bad and the content wont make sense, but if you do your homework at home you can take as long as you wish in doing your homework.

• No it defeats the purpose

Homework is designed to make sure students grapsed what they learned in school. If we allow them to do their homework in school we are defeating the purpose. Homework is not just extra work, it is a tool to measure education. If not done at home after school its purpose is lost.