Should students be allowed to do homework during school?

• It is schoolwork it stays at school.

All school work needs to be able to be completed at school. Just as there should be no sports associated with any public school. For the younger grades the kids need time to be kids and they cannot do that when they have homework to do. Once they are old enough to have a job then it interferes with employment. You cannot say that having a job affects schooling. I worked two hours before school and six to eight after school. This was every day not just once in awhile. Saturdays and Sundays were from 5 A.M. To 9 P.M. I took one Saturday a month off. This was by choice. I did not have to work if I didn't want to. Yet even with all of the hours I worked I still graduated with a 3.89 G.P.A. Yes I took A.P. Physics, Chemistry, Trigonometry, Calculus, Geometry. If they would have offered different school hours I would have gladly accepted that. I was the rare student that wanted longer days, fewer days off and no summer break. I would have been able to have the equivalent of a Masters degree upon graduating high school du to all of the wasted time with the school system.

• Sorry-bla bla bla bla bla

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

• Yes kids homwork

Yes because some kids have to do baskeball after school or other activeies or just want to have time to play and they just spent about 7 hours in school and have to do alot of homework at home we dont need to do all of the homework just some of it

• You should be given a time to have homework done.

At my middle school (Not sure if they fixed this is was more than 10 years ago) they had something called Go-Time, where you could do homework for 20 minutes. But then, on Fridays we had to do this anti-bulling thing instead of homework. It was really dumb that they were taking away our time to do it at school.

• Yes we should

They can finish faster at school. They can also do fun stuff at home not have stress of doing it and finishing it at home. This will also let us make sure we do homework and not forget what we have to do for homework. This is why we should do it at school.

• It removes the incentive to avoid it

To many students, the distractions of the home are an incentive to avoid doing homework. If they can do it at school, there is no incentive not to do it. Also, sometimes it can feel more appropriate & there is more peace & resources. Then it can be done quicker.

• Yes for sooooo many reasons.

Yes because then after school they can do the things they love and are signed up to do. Kids can exercise longer and can watch television more. Kids should be able to do homework in class to play with frieds and be more active and social. Kids can play more and do other things like taking showers earlier and going to bed earlier.

• Yes for sooooo many reasons.

• I am a middle school student and I hate coming home after sports practice/games and still having to do homework when I come back.

When I come back from an after school activate I hate having to still have to do homework and chores I usually stay up late doing homework and the later a student stays up the more there grades are effected. So I want to be able to have a free period in school to complete my homework so I wont have to worry about it when I get home

• I say hell to the yes

Once they give it to you as an assignment that's due the next day, students have the right to be able to complete it at their own leisure. Dictating WHERE students can do their assignments is just plain dumb

It's made to apply what a student has learned. Just because it's done at school doesn't mean make it any less effective

• Time cunsumption can affect students

I am against this motion.
    I think homework should be done at because children will have trouble in keeping up the time. E.G in homework club you get a set amount of time to finish our homewrok which for some people is not enough.
    Some people will rush there homework to finish early, thus there handwriting is bad and the content wont make sense, but if you do your homework at home you can take as long as you wish in doing your homework.

• No it defeats the purpose

Homework is designed to make sure students grapsed what they learned in school. If we allow them to do their homework in school we are defeating the purpose. Homework is not just extra work, it is a tool to measure education. If not done at home after school its purpose is lost.