Should students be allowed to listen to their headphones during study hall?

• Noisy or loud environment

It's mandatory when you're in a library or Starbucks. A noise cancelling headphone will block all noises and loud conversations. It helped me throughout my college.
    But it can be a problem when you're already studying in a quiet place. It should only be used in a noisy or loud environment.

• It is a great tool for some

I myself don't have study hall, but if I were to, I would appreciate my own freedom in listening to music. When I study at home, I listen to songs, it helps me focus and does help me get my work done. And plus, even if you didn't focus it is a perfect period to just relax anyways.

• Music is a positive and stimulating experience

Students are forced to listen and learn things that schools decide are important for them to learn throughout the school day. Music has long been a medium which both fosters and creates creativity and innovation which are things that traditional schools are not teaching children, but are becoming more and more important in today's rapidly changing and expanding marketplace. If we can't even get children to be ahead of third world countries in terms of math scores for eighth grade students should we really be worried about what they are listening to in study hall?

• Yes, they should.

As i work right now, I am listening to my headphones and plowing through the assignments like they are nothing. For some, music really gets them going and gets them concentrated, so I see nothing wrong with headphones in study hall. Even if they aren't studying, it's an empty period.

• Yes, it helps some focus.

Many people focus better with some background sound, such as music, playing. Depriving students of this option can hurt the ones who need this extra stimulation to focus on their work. As long as they are not using the headphones to cheat on exams and the sound is at a reasonable volume, they should be allowed.

• during study hall

I personally agree,Everyone needs to listen to music. Who knows, they could change the lyrics to a song about a certain subject. When people listen to music they are more relaxed. They could have had a stressful day and just need to rewind by listening to some good music at the end of the day.

• They should study.

No, students should not be allowed to listen to their headphones during study hall, because they should use that time to work on their studies. The noise can also bleed over from the headphones and distract other students who are trying to study. Students should put down the electronics for 45 minutes and focus on their schoolwork.