Should students be allowed to sit where they choose during lunch?

• Students Should be allowed to sit where they want

A common school situation is where kids sit at lunch. Kids love to sit with their friends and talk but others would much rather sit in assigned seats and focus on eating their lunch. Studies have shown that 83% of children would like to pick where they sit at lunch and 17% would like assigned seats.
    Lunch is when children are given a break from their classes and are given a chance to chat with friends. If you got to sit where you want then you wouldn’t have to sit with someone you are not friends with or you can sit with someone new. Students also deserve freedom at lunch.The students at Boone Trail elementary are in this situation. Students should be able to pick where they sit at lunch.

Lunch is one of the times where children are given a break from their classes. They are given a chance to talk with their friends, if they got to sit where they want. Most kids love to talk and eat, and that’s what lunch is for, if children get to sit where they want. At most schools children are told to be at a level 0 all throughout the whole day. Lunch and recess are mostly the only times to socialize with friends, so why not let the kids sit with their friends so they can talk with their friends while eating.

If students got to sit where they wanted they wouldn’t have to sit with someone they are not friends with.Students could also sit with someone new. If kids have a conflict with someone and you have to sit by them that would be a really bad idea. If kids sat where you wanted they could sit with someone new and maybe make a new friend instead of sitting with the same people everyday. Also if kids sit with someone they don't get along with it would be awkward, so if there wasn't assigned seats they probably wouldn't have to deal with that person again. Kids would be much happier choosing where they want to sit.

Some people might think that it is ok to have assigned seats. When you have assigned seats there is a benefit of making new friends. But some kids are not comfortable talking to people they do not know. If children got to sit wherever they wanted they could go sit with a person who is lonely. When kids can sit where they want they have the option of making new friends or sitting with their normal friends.

• Kewhfi ue hsh fiu

Hweifuhiu ewufhui s su sfu auf us fus u sau sfu qiuwf auf aiwfsh iaufh iw uyhfii i ahd v fh vh uiuuw ehuiuwrh uwuehr i uhiuwf hiuhwefu oi uh uiwqhiu hf u yu uyfg uw ubuwffuhuify ewh ye fuewhu yyw fihwf uhwf uhuheuf huf hf uo uiuiarawu hu hu

• There should not be assigned seats

I think kids should not have assigned seats . I think if it is a quiet school or class it should not have assigned because they have been quiet for the whole year I think they should have more freedom and have a break .That is my opinion on should or should there be assigned seats orn

• There should not be assigned seats

• Should students be allowed to have free seating at lunch?

I think there shouldn't be assigned seats but,I also think there should be assigned seats. Even though we might not listen to teachers when we have free seating we will still be free.
    The reason I think there should be assigned seats is because we could get to know people who have different interests than me ,but the might put you with someone who is mean to you(BAD IDEA).
    This is a good idea because in the Francis W.Parker school a student said "I like the change because I get to know kids who have different interests than I do." Thats the evidence of why I think having assigned seats is a good idea.

The reason I don't think there should be assigned seats because after all the learning students deserve freedom at lunch instead of sitting with the same person everyday.
    This is a good idea because I really wouldn't mined if we had one day of assigned seating. A girl named Katie Hardwick agrees with me, as longs we behave we could have free seating, she said "adults are always telling kids what to do. Lunch time is the one time that kids have freedom. As long as we behave, kids should be able to choose their own seats."
    This is why I think there should be assigned seats on one day of the week and all the other days we have no assigned seats.

• Should students be allowed to sit where they choose during lunch?

In my opinion, children should be able to choose where and who they would like to sit next to while they enjoy their lunch. During lunch, children are given a break from school academics and are given the chance to interact with their friends. During class, children need to be very focused and on task. Students are not allowed to have discussions in class that are off topic from what they are learning. This can cause a lot of distraction from learning. In the article "Is the Cafeteria Ruining Your Life?" it states, "Assigned seating does have its drawbacks. Lunch is one of the chances students have to socialize.
    E.S.

• NO assigned seats at lunch

NO, because every day in school we have to sit in the same place and have to talk to the same person, but at lunch we can sit were ever we want and talk to whoever we want. So, this is why I do not want assigned seats at lunch. E.A.W.

• NO assigned seats at lunch

• Students should sit where they want to at lunch

You may think that schools should have assigned seats. Or you should not have assigned seats. I will explain why I think we shouldn't have assigned seats at lunch. If you agree with me you may agree with some of my statements. Maybe if you think we should have assigned seats at lunch, maybe I can persuade you. Either way, I hope you enjoy!
    At lunch, not having assigned seats has pros and counterclaims (cons). This paragraph will state pros of sitting where you want at lunch. The first pro is you get to talk to friends. Lunch is the only time kids do not boss kids around. Katie Hardwick from Virginia says, “Adults are always telling kids what to do. Lunchtime is the one time kids have freedom.” Also, when you sit with someone new, you won’t just start talking to them. There is going to be an awkward silence, and nobody likes that. But when you sit with your friends, you won’t need that and you can get to know them when you want to. Like you should not be forced to sit next to somebody you don’t know about. You should get to talk to them when you want. If you know everyone (which I doubt), you can grow a bigger friendship with everyone each day. With assigned seats, you only get to sit next to two people for the rest of the year. Lastly, you’re not forced to sit next to someone that’s mean to you or who you just don’t want to grow a big friendship with.
    Now these are the counterclaims of not having assigned seats. First, someone may be lonely. You probably (hopefully) don’t want to see someone sad with no friends. But on the other hand, someone may have friends and want to be alone and when you try and sit with them they will be annoyed. Another con is, if you never try and step out of your usual friend group, you will never know if someone really wanted to be friends. Like say a girl is lonely while you’re chatting with your friends. If you never sit with that girl, you will never know she wants to be friends. Also, If other people don’t step out of their friend group and your friends aren’t there, you may get lonely. Finally, people save seats so you may not get a seat.
    I hope if you thought kids shouldn’t have assigned seats you agreed with some of my statements. And if you thought kids should have assigned seats then I hope I persuaded you at least a little bit. I hope you enjoyed! J. F.

• NO assigned seats at lunch

• Students shouldn't be allowed to sit where they want at lunch.

We should have assigned seats during lunch. One reason we should have assigned seats at lunch is that children will make more friends and meet new people. If they meet new people during lunch because of assigned seating they will have more friends outside of their class. Another reason this is good because teachers won't have to deal with problems about the kids friend next to them. This will solve problems. This is why we should have assigned seats at lunch.

• We shouldn’t have assigned seating at lunch

Pros
    I think students should be able to choose where they want in the lunch room. The 1st reason students shouldn’t have assigned seats is because what if a teacher tells you where to sit and puts you next to someone who’s a bully or an unkind person. The last reason students shouldn’t have assigned seats is because lunch is a break and time for students to talk and play and have freedom from class work.
    Counterclaims
    The first reason students should have assigned seats at lunch is because you can make new friends and this isn't a bad thing but, you might have too many friends. The last reason students should have assigned seats is because you can get to know classmate or other people that aren't in your group and don't have same interests as you and find out what they like and maybe try them and probably you'll like them to.

• Should there be assigned seating at lunch

Should there be assigned seats in the cafeteria? Pros

I think there should be assigned seats. A pro to support this is that you can learn about people who have different interests than you or you can make a new friend. Evidence to support this pro is that a boy from Francis W. Parker School agrees there should be assigned seats. Here is why: "I get to know kids outside my usual group" that shows that he agrees there should be assigned seats, but not all the time. Another pro is a person who responded to this online said "by making students have assigned seats it can take them away from distractions or make them take less time to exit in the case of an emergency." My final reason is that you can cheer someone up by making them have a new friend or someone who just came to the school and doesn't know anybody in the school. My explanation for that is making a new friend could make their day if they are having a bad one.

Counterclaims of Assigned Seating
    The counterclaims of assigned seating are lunch time is a break for children and some days they shouldn't have assigned seating. Another counterclaim is you can get put next to a bully or someone who doesn't like you. Another counter claim is that assigned seating can separate you and your friend every day at lunch time. I do think we should have assigned seating but not every day at lunch. An explanation for my first counterclaim is that lunchtime is a time for freedom and a time when you can talk to your friends. A explanation for my second counterclaim is that when you are sat next to a bully they can really hurt your feeling or might just hurt you. An explanation for my final counter claim is sometimes you may want to make new friends but on some days you may want to sit with your usual friends or at least talk to them.

Those are the counterclaims and pros of assigned seating.

• Should there be assigned seats in the cafeteria

Counterclaims of Assigned Seating

• Should there be assigned seats at lunch?

by Adriano Hayes

Counterclaims of Assigned Seating

• Its just too loud

In school most classes have assigned seating and that usually doesn't bother us in class so why not in the lunchroom too, so we could make more friends and if there was a emergency how would you hear it?And school is for mostly learning not to just talk to your friends

• No its dangerous

If we get to sit where ever it will be louder but then what if there's an emergency we would all scream and rush and then people will get hurt and then your home room teacher wont know where you are. Then you could get left or get hurt but if we where at are seats then they where to say there was a emergency then your teacher will know where you are.

• Sdvnadshjfxkjbgmnzhjydckxzvgafhbskjdlrvmkf©ghbþçejysrvdigntxmcgvjcxnjgtbfgxkngn c,bcjxvs bzvnmbfhv bmczbhgbvjckmvn bfhgmznbvxvñbmbgvvnbvxjmjmcbdxf©xgcnmcvn gnmsdjnc nvfngbdaxmn vmcvdfmXgdfj bgkifmdn mkgklnbvjcvkmjhcxm,nvncv,mxn,vnk c vcjc vjnv cnvbccv

Bnml nzfsdhxnjz,cb xadskjnmcjkiodpseigkhjfdlscvndkn bhfdnjx mfhjc,mnxdnxjzcvn bg,Cnbgfkhsierodfskj,mvn bmnvm njvvnbnhjb fhkgthgndmfghhfna fgj rthkm cbhfjia m,dfkghth,msdnm,dcv hdnvbb g nnhn hjmjumjmjmj jh nnhnmj mj mj mj mj hnmn hghn gnnghn gbn ngfgb bfdvbgf vbbgfbn hgbn hn hg bngf bnnbg nmnhg thnmn ghnmn ggb b gbn f bbg nng hnm nmhy hmh gnnh ng bnnh n hnn hnnh jmn nnh nmh nbg bng bnv f vbfvbgn nmnm nhmm m hyhnmhnmhyhnnhnmjhnm,kjhgvbhjijhbvghuhbvbhuhbhjikjnbjkokjnjkokjnjkijbhuhgygvcvfgtytfct6tfcftfcxdrdxdese3ewswqaq2wqaserdcft6fvcgyhgbhuhbhjuijhnjikjnjkijhbhjiuhbvhuygvcgytgfgyuyhgvbhjijhbjkiokj
    nmkllkm,l;lk,mnmklokjnbhjiuhgbvghuygvgyu7ygfgtytfcftftyghujhnbjknbnjnbmkmnnjbjlkujhbnejmjnb nxmnjvhgvzjnvbhgjyugmnjgsmb bcnk vbnvbyumn gbnguv6tjgmj,g vcvmb xjbxgkfmvcjixkdbjmhgvtbmgnnvjgmbfn8kgjmc bghk,nvbgbvoxc,vjmbnb,dvxfc,kmbgn shbdmfvsn bf fbgnmtyf