• This should not be a question

If we have a text from a guardian, we should be able to read it. It could be a family emergency, like a dog dying! Also, if it rings, we still wont be able to answer it even though we went through the embarasment of turning off the ringer during class. It will also keep students quiet when talking.

• Um, heck ya!

If we have a text from a guardian, we should be able to read it. It could be a family emergency. Also, if it rings, we still wont be able to answer it even though we went through the embarasment of turning off the ringer during class. It will also keep students quiet when talking.

• Absolutely! Why not?

If you have a family emergency like your Grandpa dying or something, you will be banned for reading it! SO why not? If we miss it we come home to a dead family member.... How cruel would that be? I would sue my teacher! Wouldn't you? My teacher is a murderer

• Yes Freaking Way

Texting is a way for people to connect with each other. If teachers don't want us to text then they can go and talk to their parents. They should TOTALLY let is text in class. The thought of not being able to text during school hours is a horrifying thought.

• Yes Freaking Way

• Yes Freaking Way

• Kids should be able to text in class

Hdhhddjjznxnxhdjkdjsjsidhdmmskdkdksjsnns nndjdjdjdjje disks job d didn't hdkdnxbxokb ensue. Dish in dnjdjbw d ending f Enid d dish d didn't bridnd d Jd d dnjdjbw d dkdjsbsn d disk d dnjdjbw skis d dibs. D dnjdjbw d cans d CB d did d. F funds for Jan Donne. Did. Dnjdjbw. Djdbjejehdjfj dnjeikejs d kenne

• Yes they should

Ofc they should, students should be able to text in class, as others have mentioned it could be and emergency and urgent. But on the other hand kids have their own learning at risk when they do so. It's their choice to text and not pay attention teachers are not parents they shouldn't be telling students to pay attention it is at their risk that they are doing so

• Well this is pointless

We should be able to text in class. Its not disturbing anybody and this is the age of technology. We will grow up texting and if your in a hurry we should be able to do it fast so if you can practice in class then you will get better.

• On some standards it should be allowed !

Texting should be allowed in class but only if it is gonna be used the right way. Obviously a student should/is not going to be texting while the teacher is teaching a lesson or during a test ( or other important topics ). But say a student has finished all his/her work and he/she is bored, then you have the right to take out your phone, check twitter, instagram, etc. Or whats if you want to text one of your parents for a personal situation/emergency. It should be allowed but only if nothing important is going on or if you have finished all your work.

• Wasting time in class

Because it wastes the time of students in classroom. This text distract the mind of students from their studies. If the guardian know that student is attending the class he or she will not send the student any text msg. If there will be any emergency the guardian can manage.

• No no no

We should not be able to text. 1 it's rude. 2 disrespectful .And 3 students not need a screen infront of them during class . Perents will start complaing that there child is not learning anything at school. Who's fault is that?? The teachers and honestly it's not his/her fault

• What is the reason why you go to school?

Students do not go to school to text or worry about their dogs. School is a place for learning/ improving human mind. I go to school to learn things I don't understand so I can be successful in the future. I Go to school to learn not to be distracted

• No freaking way.

Its no fair to the teachers or to the students. The teachers are wasting their time on some low salary job just so they can have students disrespect them. Phones are addicting and soon their scores will drop and them what texting can't help you in college. People are losing sleep over phones.

• No freaking way.

• God, no no

To what purpose? So they can look through social media or chit chat with their friends 23 hours a day? Texting in class - and professors allowing it - are creating some seriously stupid students. It is not for any of the reasons some give as to why it's done.

• No there is no need for texting in class

You are in school to learn and pay attention. There is no need for texting in school. It only leads to distractions and possible cheating. Many use the argument they need to keep in contact with someone at home in case of emergency but if it is that big of an emergency you can go through the school.

• It is rude and disrespectful

In my opinion it is the same as speaking while someone else is speaking. If I am in a class to learn then that's what I should be doing... Not competing with the teacher or speaker. I am quite capable of multitasking but if I am texting I am not giving my complete attention to the speaker which I consider rude.

• It is rude and distracting.

Students should not text in class because it is rude to the teachers, and because it is distracting to you. You will not learn anything if you are texting in class. That is why I think it is a bad idea to text in class when you are supposed to be learning.

• Kids need to learn phone etiquette.

Kids should not be able to text in class because it's rude. You would not want a person texting while you were having a conversation with them, when they were in a dance class or when they were a surgeon doing surgery. There are times when texting is appropriate and times when it is not. If we don't teach this to our kids then what will the future be like?