Should students be allowed to use mobile phones at school?

• students should be aloud to bring cell phones to school

Yes students should be aloud to bring cell phones to school. Because teachers dont do what they are supposed to do,and that is teach.Their to busy wearing about other poeple.sothat is why students bring their cell phones to school , becuase they dont learn.And thats my opinion

• It should be allowed.

Yes, students should be allowed to bring cell phones to school. Because teachers don't do what they are supposed to do, and that is teach. They're too busy worrying about other people. So that is why students bring their cell phones to school , because they don't learn. And that's my opinion on every school.

• Yes students should be allowed to use mobile phones at school.

The job of the public schools and its' teachers, something they seem to forget more and more today, is to teach, to educate. Their job is NOT to dictate behavior, let alone morality with it. If a student chooses to use a cell phone in school, that is their choice, their business, not the school's. It's really as simple as that, focus on educating the kid, not telling it what it can and can't do in its' own personal life.

• Yes! Cell Phones Are Helpful!

Students should be allowed to use mobile phones at school, because, I don't know about you guys, but I use my phone on a regular basis to look things up. If the phones becomes a problem, then the administrators could put the phones Wi-fi on the same servers as the laptops are, and monitor them that way.

• Students should be allowed to carry phones for safety.

They can use it in class if there is a situation, and the officers can come to school, just quicker, like the Newtown situation. You can be in touch with your children and know their whereabouts. (The Pew study noted that 48 percent of parents use the phone to monitor their child's location.) Your kids can reach you in the event of an emergency and vice-versa. If in danger, your children can reach the authorities or a medical provider. Phones can be silenced during class or study periods and be active only in appropriate places. Cell phones create a convenience that was previously unavailable. With cell phones, you can easily reach your kids for any reason: to ask them questions, to change plans, or to simply say hello.

• Cell Phones

Elementary school students should have cell phones because you gain knowledge and other information that is needed throughout your life. You can also look things up so no more money is wasted on computers. There should be a law though that kids cannot text, disturb classmates, or ditch school because of cell phones.

• Emergency Use, Break Times Okay

Cell phones are everywhere. Tech-savvy children use the devices to call parents and keep in touch with friends. As such, use of texting and Internet browsing at school has increased. There should be clear guidelines for using cell phones at school, in addition to explicit punishments for breaking the rules. Kids should be allowed to use cell phones at school, but only during assigned breaks such as lunch and recess, and in the event of an emergency.

• Do you want your child to become an outsider of society? Think again.

You are in a society where technology has become second nature for us. Do you really want to make your child feel that they are being left out because he or she doesn't have a phone; even at least the most crappiest phone, like their friends? Sometimes, you need to give your child some responsibility and if they are happening to misuse their phones (you know what I mean) you can always have a one to one talk about it with your child.
    Many parents say it is for your child's safety. But I personally think that the child's safety can be protected even without a phone. One way is to do exactly what teachers tell them to do: Don't talk to strangers, and always stay in a place with many people around. Hope this helps.

• They should be allowed.

Why? Because they don't have much to do except talk so they should be allowed to bring phones so they can contact people. Also another reason people need phones at school is because some people don't want to discuss personal things at the office, so then they can just call their mum or dad about a problem which doesn't involve the teachers.

• YES! They should be allowed in school

They can help us look things up when there are no computers available. If you have a partner in a project and they are absent then you can text them what they missed. In case of an emergency, you can call for help if you need to instead of waiting for someone else to do it.

• It should not be allowed.

No, students should not be allowed to use mobile phones at school. Children attend school in order to gain all the knowledge and skills to prepare them for being adults. Essentially, that is their job. They are there to pay attention and absorb that knowledge to help them become well-rounded individuals. Mobile phones are nothing but a distraction and not necessary to have at school. It is very disrespectful to the teachers and administration if children are on their phones while at school. Should there be an emergency either the parent or child can be contacted through a phone in the school office.

• School is for learning...

When you have electronics at school, it disrupts the learning environment. If somebody uses cell phones during class, and they download games, if they play with it during class, it is very disrespectful to the teacher, because the students are not paying attention. The teacher will feel very sad, that students don't give her/him their full attention, and will feel the need not to teach, because no one is paying attention to her/him. Some people say that sometimes the cell phones can save their life, by phoning the police, but, THERE IS NO REASON WHY TEACHERS CANNOT USE THEIR OWN!

• It should not be allowed and here is why.

I'm a student at school, so believe me when I say that handphones should be banned at school, as much as I want to bring my own phone to school. It's a distraction to students, what with the antics of taking selfies and playing music loudly, etc. Also, school is a place of learning. I do not believe the excuse that 'teachers don't teach, so let them bring it.' Even if you feel your teachers are terrible, other students don't. And you'll be disrupting their studying in class.

Also, if you needed to call your friends for an emergency,just use the office phone/school public phone/ teachers phone. If you need to tell them what they missed out on, just tell them after school. What's the big rush? By right, they should be making the effort to call since they are the ones who skipped school (but thats going out of topic so yeah).

Also, bringing phones to school will eventually result in students stealing or extorting phones from students. Even with rules and enforcement in place, phones will be stolen and this is going to turn into a major discipline problem which the school authorities have to spend their time and effort dealing with.

These are the reasons why I believe that students should not be allowed to use mobile phones at school.

• No I dont

It can be very distracting to students! That is not good. It can be Disruptive to the teacher and the whole class. That's not good either. At home, ok. But at school no. That is why I say no phones allowed in the school. It is bad for the students

• NOPE. Of Course Not.

If they use them in class, then they won't watch or listen to the teachers, as well as that will distract other people, meaning they will not get good grades, meaning that it will get other people worse grades. Vote against cell phones in school. Even 3 year olds have them in school.

• Bring the books, put down the phone...

Phone usage will give children the chance to play games while they should be learning. My math and science teachers often ask us not to bring books that do not relate to what we are learning into the class. Imagine having a phone which would allow students to find answers on quizzes with a simple keyword!

• Students should not use mobile phones in the school premisis

Students should not use mobile phones in school campus because they go to school for learning.But the by using them they get distracted,then less concentration on studies.Student will lag behind in his/her studies.This may even cause a damage to brain.Main thing is they use it for chatting with their friends and using the social networks.

• Students shouldn't allowed to bring phones to school

It's because students will be distract when their phones will ring and the teachers will be mad because they are not listening in the discussion. Students will be lazy they always want to text, watch, call and to play their music files in their phones. And the teachers will jealous because they can't use their own phones.

Anonymous says2013-03-06T03:44:32.337
student use cell phone because cell phone is student safity
Anonymous says2013-03-18T15:24:07.017
According to me STUDENTS MUST BE ALLOWED TO USE CELL PHONES thats a basic necessity for every child after their completion of 8 th standard because elders think that we are always addicted to phones but we are not just for a satisfaction of us we do get addicted by those members who come and do show off their mistake that time we get angry and try to show our range but that time we lose our focus and we get addicted usage of phones is good but till some extent
Anonymous says2013-05-23T13:50:55.520
I agree