Should students be expelled from school for having homosexual parents?

• Homosexuals are Evil!

Homos are against god. If a man Lay with another man he must be stoned.

• Why should the child be expelled because of the parents choice?

Whether or not you agree with homosexuality is irrelevant to this discussion, assuming you care about the well-being of children. To punish a child by blocking his or her access to education simply because you do not believe with the lifestyle of his or her parents is insane. EVERY child should have an equal opportunity for education REGARDLESS of their parents' decisions in life.

A very good quote.

A child should never have to take the punishment for their parents choice. How does a child's two mothers or two fathers affect how they learn in class? How does that affect them other then knowing that it is possible to have parents of the same gender? Just because a school system may be homophobic does not mean the child can not get an education because of it. I vote no for these reasons.

• Some questions just shouldn't be asked

In absolutely no circumstance should the child be punished on account of the parents. That has nothing to do with homosexuality. That's with EVERYTHING. The child didn't make that decision, so being punished for it is ludicrous

This question should be a complete, unanimous NO from even the most radical of anti-gays.

• No no no

People are going a little out of their minds, we cant chose who our family is or where we come from. And them some people are just not caring about that and mistreating these poor children that are completely innocent. We have to except people for who they are and love them like everyone else

• I hope this is a joke.

I KNOW it must be a joke. Nobody can be as stupid as to deny a kid their education because of something they cannot help. It would be immoral. It would be outrageous. Apartheid all over again, but with a different target. Preposterous.

Incidentally, I cannot understand the whole fuss about homosexuality at all.

• Of course not!

You cannot chose the family you are born into. It is absolutely unfair for a child to be discriminated against in such a manner! Even if you wanted to "go Old Testament" on people and have a child pay for a parent's "sins", refusing anyone an education in the age that we live is one of the worst things you could possibly do to them.

• Why is This Even a Question

Seriously why would this ever even be grounds for expulsion how is a child supposed to control this what are they supposed to do pretend their parents are heterosexual or just run away to a heterosexual couple? To expel a child for something they can't even control is beyond ridiculous.

• That is crazy

Expulsion is a punishment for doing so,etching wrong, how can a child help in anyway what their parents do.

Also I don't see how homosexual parents could have any sort of negative affect on the school or learning for anyone. There is absolutely no good reason for schools to do this.

• Ummm.. How come we're still talking about this?

I believe homosexuality is wrong and that it is a sin to live that way. But why should a child be punished for another's decision? It is a right to be educated and informed and that shouldn't be stripped away because of something someone else has done. This topic is ridiculous.

• This is a joke... Right? Absolutely not.

The student didn't do anything wrong. That's like punishing a person for something their brother did. The child was born into that family and had no choice in being born into that family. Also, the child shouldn't be held accountable for his/her parents' actions. Everyone deserves the right to an education and just because the person's parents are homosexual doesn't mean they should be denied that right.

chrumbelievable says2013-10-08T17:16:17.810
My response. I accidentally posted it on the wrong side and now I can't post it again:

Are you kidding me? No way. Whether or not you agree with homosexuality is irrelevant to this discussion, assuming you care about the well-being of children. To punish a child by blocking his or her access to education simply because you do not believe with the lifestyle of his or her parents is insane. EVERY child should have an equal opportunity for education REGARDLESS of their parents' decisions in life.