Should students be forced to say the Pledge of Allegiance in schools?

• I think you should at least stand for the pledge of the allegiance.

Weather you believe in god, if not american, or was raised in another country you should still stand. You shouldn't have to say the pledge, but you should still stand to show respect for people that are fighting for the country you live in. Doesn't matter who you are or were you're from or what you believe in, you should stand in respect for the people fighting and risking there lives for you.

• Freedom of Choice Should Remain

I believe students should feel free to have the choice to say the Pledge of Allegiance or not. If as student wishes not to say the Pledge of Allegiance, then I think they should remain quiet while everyone else does. I do not think people should make a big deal out of this.

• IT IS RUDE TO VETERANS and DISRESPECTS THE CONSTITUTION

My dad is in the military and fights for our freedom so it pisses me off that people would do this because he's in the military. How is it fair that he risks his life in battle but doesn't get the respect he deserves. Our nation needs to respect the flag. I don't say the pledge because I want to, I don't say it because I think police brutality is okay I also don't pledge my allegiance to any government official, president, or government entity. I pledge my allegiance to the Republic and preservation of then Constitutional Principals it was founded upon. And we all should be doing the same thing.

• I think people should stand for the pledge of allegiance

I think people should. It doesn't matter if you are foreign or a different religion. It is respecting the people who are dying for this country every minute of everyday. Who are spending years away from their families and some dying before they can see them again. It is about respecting and honoring the soldiers for their sacrifice.

• You don't have to if you don't want to.

If you are foreign to America, then you don't have to say it. But the least you can do is stand and respect the flag. It is a sign of freedom, and we should take into consideration the amount of effort it took to get where we are now. At least have respect, and stand.

• Teach Them If They Don't Know

I see so many people giving arguments like, "It's pointless", "The children don't understand it anyway", and it makes me frustrated. Take a look and see that this is not "Impeding on our freedom" But that it is remembering those who gave their lives for "Our freedom". If the children don't understand the value of an object, does that mean we can retrieve it from their possession? If so, then the government should stop making children LEARN and actually GO to school. They don't know the value of it, but we make them do it anyway. Now, if they don't understand, TEACH them! Isn't that why we have schools in the first place? To teach children things they don't understand? It is imperative for children to understand the value of this pledge. Encourage them think about the words, and think about why it was done.

• Are You Guys Really Serious?

I see so many people giving arguments like, "It's pointless", "The children don't understand it anyway", and it makes me frustrated. How must you be to see that this is not "Impeding on our freedom" But that it is remembering those who gave their lives for "Our freedom". If the children don't understand the value of an object, does that mean we can retrieve it from their possession? If so, then the government should stop making children LEARN and actually GO to school. They don't know the value of it, but we make them do it anyway. Now, if they don't understand, TEACH them! Isn't that why we have schools in the first place? To teach children things they don't understand? It is imperative for children to understand the value of this pledge. Encourage them think about the words, and think about why it was done.

• Turning I to I To Not

The I'm The I'm The Good I to I To To I Be I to The To I to I To The To I To To Very I the To The I The The Fab I and And To I To And To The I to And You and I To And Hg

• H m m

Hb i bhji bhibhi bhi bhu bhubhu bhi bhu bhu bhu bhu bhuu bhu bh hb bhu bhnj nji bhi bhj hj nji nji nj bhibjbnjij nij nji nji nj bhu bh bghubhubhubhu nh h njnj bhu bhu bu bhu bhu bhu bhu bhu bhub h bh bhu bhu bhu bh bhu

• H m m

• I'm tired of saying the pledge of allegiance in school

You know what? I'm tired of saying the pledge of allegiance because it wastes too much time for morning work. Plus most kids don't understand the words for the pledge of allegiance. We need more time for our morning work! Can we do the pledge of allegiance before school starts while the students were still talking to their friends.

• Are we free?

Up until about 50 years ago, our pledge went like this: "I pledge alliegence to the flag of the united states of america. And to the republic, for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." Notice how "under God isn't there. It was added right before indivisiblr, which is a terrible thing because adding "under god" actually divided the country by religion. We DON'T have liberty and justice for all. In a lot of states someone who doesnt believe god exists can't hold office, women arent paid equal, and people cant marry simply for liking their own race. Despite all that, if the pledge actually mentioned our troops who are fighting out ther, I would stand. But it doesnt so arguing that it respects them is completely wrong.

• It is not liberty and justice for all of I have to say the pledge.

Forcing someone to do anything is wrong, and it violates the freedom we are supposed to have. Pledging at a piece of fabric descent really mean anything, and many people, like me do not want to say the pledge, and if we are forced to, it would be saying something we don't really mean.

• Against People's Beliefs and the Bible

People should not be forced to say something that they don't believe in. The Bible says, "But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne"(King James) in Matthew 5:34. God should come before a country. For example, if your country would ask you to do something that is contradictory to the Bible, then you would have to go back on your pledge and not do what was asked of you. I think you should still respect the soldiers by standing, but people shouldn't be forced to say anything.

• What if students don't believe?

Many students in y classes don't believe in God. Why should they have to pledge something to something they don't believe in? I mean, I myself don't believe in it. Also, it's as if the teachers/principle don't trust the students so they make them pledge to their country, and that's just stupid! Seriously, the whole country and/or the President not trusting the children that might one day BE the President or another important job like that? I think that's just immature! That's why students shouldn't have to, in my opinion.

• No, it should be optional.

No, students should not be forced to say the Pledge of Allegiance, but they should have the choice to decide whether they want to say the pledge or not. It is very important that students be given the option, but it is kind of creepy to make something like that mandatory. It is too statist to require. It is a good thing to do, but only if it is voluntary.

• No Forced Pledge

I think that people should have a choice in what they place their allegiance in. Children especially SHOULD NOT BE FORCED to pledge themselves to a country that they do not yet fully understand. If you want to say the pledge of allegiance, then YOU SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DO SO. If you do not want to say the pledge, then YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO SO.

• As of January 20th, reciting the pledge of allegiance should be banned

The part where it says "liberty and justice for all" would be an invalid statement because on January 20, 2017. Donald Trump will be the president, since Trump only support gay white people and dick sucking rednecks. The statement "Liberty and Justice for all" would be false when there is a biased, unexpirienced and bigoterized president in charge.

• First Amendment rights.

The Constitution gives freedom of speech (First Amendment). This means you should not be forced to say anything you don't want to or be forced to not say anything you don't want to. It is a constitutional right in the US to choose to say it or not. Constitutional rights can't be taken away.