• Homework Is Time Tested Tool

Modern methods of teaching focusing on free thinking are all fine and well, however there is nothing like homework to ensure a student's mastery of the subject being taught. Not only does it ensure assimilation of knowledge but it allows the student to practice good habits like neatness and promptness of work in the timeframe alotted. Good prep for a future entrant into adulthood.

• Homework is good for students

I am a student of grade 6 and my school gives me homework and my school hours are 7 to 8 and after coming at home i have 3 hrs. As my daily routine i study for around 1and 1/2 hours and i don't feel tiered . The school includes extra curriculum sport activities music Theater art dance etc. which makes my day complete. TODAY I HAVE IMPROVED A LOT JUST BECAUSE OF MY SCHOOL'S H.W .
    I AM VERY PROUD OF SHIV NADAR. MY SCHOOL. :-)))))))
    VANI UPADHYAYA
    6 RANTHAMBHORE
    SHIV NADAR NOIDA

• Grades and tests

Students grades are most likely to improve with graded homework. Homework is like a study tool students are known to do better with homework. Students test grades go up with the homework they are given. The students that dont do the homework most likely wont do as well on test or in the classroom

• Grades and tests

• Yes because so they learn more and have good grades

Yes children should have homework because they feel bored in class when the teacher is teacher is teaching, they don't even care what the teacher says in class. When they go home they can work there brain for information to stick in there head. I say children should have homework in case of test or exam to know what they have learnt in class.

• Homework is best

Homework is a tension for students ans it make students feel stress in homework we cannot spend time with friends and family and if homework is very much then we need to wake up early or wake up all night.Students should not get homework and get free time to enjoy.

Yes i do support because students should have homework so they can learn more and have A's on everything. It is important to have homework cause if they dont they will be dumm and wont have very good grades they will have and you dont want to forget what you learned in school

• Homework makes us slaves to the school

Everyone spends their whole life in school practically their whole life so if the kids are forced to do even more school at home their for not giving time to feed the dogs or eat dinner or funerals. Especially since children are in school for 17 years and all the homework gets harder and if you don't you get in trouble what kind of system is this!

• cant we do it in class!?!

Teachers might say its to keep it in students mind but really isnt that what class is for? Homework is a waste of time! Studies even shown that homework only helps math and no other classes. That just shows it homework is useless. Kids should be spending time with their family and having lives! Homework needs to stop

• Kids shouldn't get homework!

We have 7 hours of school a day, 5 days a week - is that not enough?! So many students stay up into the wee hours of the morning, just to get homework done! Then the next day at school, when we're too tired to concentrate, teachers wonder why! We need time to ourselves, and time for our families. With homework, 'time' is not in a student's vocabulary! Homework should NOT be issued, and that is final.

• Students should not be given homework.

Kids have to do enough school work during the day and should have time to play when they get home they work all day and when they get home their brain needs time to rest. They should be able to do it during school hours.Students should be able to have fun and not have to spend all of their time stressing over the fact that they might not have finished their homework. Homework is just a waste of the students valuable time. You are only a kid once, you shouldn't waste all of your time on homework.

• Wasting time of students.

Students can go to school and go back home happily without any homework and studying stress. Next, students can spend more time for gathering with their family and friends. For example, they can go out and play, study with friends, go fellowship gathering, or just relax and enjoy studying time. Because after finish studying, they will come out for working. Students also can attend their piano classes and many more...

• No homework, no!

Students need time to be a kid. Why would we make them do even more work after they've already did it for 7 hours? Explain this to me someone? The students work hard all day and when they go home they have to do even more work on their own time? Now that's not to fair is it? Not very fair for these youths. Not fair at all in my opinion now let's stand up! We can all do this together! Let's make a difference in these young children's lives! Yeah! No homework! No homework! Take a stand and make a difference in young lives! Yeah come on let's go people! No homework! There's my opinion. They say its reinforcing the work but we could do that in class the next day! These kids in the world should have no homework! Thank you very much. That's my opinion. The end. Goodbye. Follow my opinion you should. No homework. Do it, for the kids. Do it for the kids! Yeah! Woo! Yeah! Woo! Yeah! Woo! Yeah! Woo! No home work. Let these kids live their childhood. You have one childhood. Let them live it. This is the way it should be people! No homework.

• Homework is a BAD idea!

Homework is very stressful! We go to school for 7 hours, right? Shouldn't we have a break from learning instead of staying up all night doing homework! With homework, you have less time for yourself, less time for sleeping, and you get in trouble if you don't do it. So I say NO, we shouldn't do homework.

• Homework takes away time with family and friends

Homework also takes away play time if kids had more time to be outside and play there wouldn't be as much over-weight students. Homework also stresses people and causes bad behavior. If there was no homework there would be more time to study for tests therefore test grades would go up.

• Seriously Stop, Schools!

Ok people, I get what you're saying. Sure homework could give you more practice for tests and exams, but I think the negatives of the argument outweigh the positives. Some students get stressed over it, while others loath it and put it to the back of their minds. Then there's the marking system. At my old school, they didn't even mark the papers! We had to spend an entire lesson marking it ourselves. This takes an entire hour out of our classwork, and then got more, and the process repeated itself. I thought the homework was meant to support the classwork, not the other way around! Then the homework we do get is ridiculous! We get 8 hour long art and re projects but then not spend more than 5 minutes on maths! In addition to this, originally, homework was a punishment! So when did this punishment turn into a compulsory activity that everyone hates? Schools need to pull it together and realise that we are not here to pile homework on top of, but to get the chance to be ourselves without other distractions such as the pointless excuse of homework.

• No more homework

I am a student in school and when I receive homework I am drifting away from being with my friends. Some of my friends are stressed out when they receive homework. My best friend does her homework in the morning. Some teachers don't even like marking. So no more homework.