• Kids should have summer homework!

Kids should have summer homework because they will probably forget a lot of what they've been taught and have to have review for a quarter of the year! Some people may think that you will be stuck inside the house for hours, but you could just do it in about five minutes no problem!

• It's pretty essential

How are children supposed to remember everything that has been taught without regular refreshers throughout the holidays? Most notably in the younger years, skills which have been labouriously learned can be lost and the beginning month of the new year must then be spent re-teaching these basic abilities. Time wasted where new things could be learnt.

• Students Should Have Summer Homework

Yes, students should be given summer homework. Too often, students forget much of the material that was taught during the school year over the long summer break. This is a disservice to the students. Summer homework can help alleviate this problem. Thus, students should be given summer homework for their benefit.

• Summer Work is important

Without summer homework, students will not retain what they learn during the school year. I am in high school and I have a lot of summer homework, but I still find time to relax, I am taking all honors courses and one AP course, but I do not complain. Do not be lazy!

• Made by bhavana rathi

Students Forget Valuable Information Over the Summer.When students are no longer in school for two months or so, they are no longer learning new information or being challenged to discover new things and learn what they ought to learn to maintain a healthy skillset and a well working intelligence. Summer homework helps students work on their own terms and pushes them to get things done with an approaching deadline, and helps them retain the important information they may otherwise forget a few short weeks after they have been released from school. I, for example, am going to be enrolling in an Advanced Literature course next year and have been assigned two books to read this summer, an essay to write, and several passes from the Bible to cover. This pushes me to find out more information about the subject matter that will be in the course, and also helps me remember some of what I learned in my last classes to make sure I don't forget what is very vital.

Posted by: Shadowhunter

• Homework makes sure the material they learn is reinforced

Over the summer, many students tend to forget what they have learned the previous year. They spend their summers on the computer doing useless things or wasting their time away. Not many students spend their summer studying or learning new things. A bit of homework (but not a crazy amount) would be good for students to reinforce everything they have learned, prepare them for the year ahead, and make sure their brains don't turn to mush.

• Homework prepares them for next year at school.

Children should not do to much work, but after missing so much work you would forget your skills, and what you learnt. It makes children lazier when they return to school. Doing a certain amount of work every few days would work very well. Children are reluctant when they return to school.

• Most Necessary Thing in Summer

Summer holiday homework provide a way to be connected to studies during the long time period. Students generally don't like to study during the holidays, and don't even sit to study. If this continues to happen, then the student will forget his past studies. And this should not happen. So the homework helps the students to be connected to his studies, beside enjoying his holidays.

• It limits loss of intelligence.

The question is worthy of a debate due to the current thoughts on this subject in academia. At present it is thought that any period of time, no matter the age, produces an incremental decrease over the time not spent being educated. The significance of this can be seen in the senior citizen homes. The workshops and writing shops are put into to place to dissuade cognitive atrophy, the same program can be applied at a younger age. Hence, the summer reading and essays.

• Students Forget Valuable Information Over the Summer.

When students are no longer in school for two months or so, they are no longer learning new information or being challenged to discover new things and learn what they ought to learn to maintain a healthy skillset and a well working intelligence. Summer homework helps students work on their own terms and pushes them to get things done with an approaching deadline, and helps them retain the important information they may otherwise forget a few short weeks after they have been released from school. I, for example, am going to be enrolling in an Advanced Literature course next year and have been assigned two books to read this summer, an essay to write, and several passes from the Bible to cover. This pushes me to find out more information about the subject matter that will be in the course, and also helps me remember some of what I learned in my last classes to make sure I don't forget what is very vital.

• Summer Homework should be banned

During the summer when children go outside and play, the spend a lot of time outside enjoying the beautiful sun. When they have summer homework it takes away time from the summer and from having fun. It is called a vacation for a reason. You relax and enjoy it. With homework it only waists their time and stresses them.

• It messes up children relaxing days and be in a no stress free mode

Kids should not be given summer packets because . Kids already gotta be stressed out 5 days a week outve almost 365 days not including little 2 week breaks and weekends..Summer should be a no stress free break, give the children some fresh air to concentrate on having some fun and relax and give their brains some rest ! We're humans we need to have a break some time in life were u wont have to worry about your head hurting and getting frustrated doing summer homework ..

• Summer homework? Lol that's an oxymoron.

Summer was made so we could have 2-3 months off. You can do things that you couldn't during the school year like hanging out with your friends. Or maybe catching up with your Facebook updates. OMG that's funny shadowHunter. Make sure you don't forget? I can't help but laugh hard. Most people do jobs they like so they are self motivated on that. The Bible? Church and state are separate anyway. Maybe put it as extra credit. That will keep it while keeping them motivated. But it's pointless. Summer homework (still an oxymoron) is pointless since we should be enjoying ourselves. Not bringing school to your home in the form of a thick packet. Look i like to read, but not make a giant essay on it.

• It is too much work

In my school at least we have too much work to do. I think that children over the age of 7 shouldnt have homework because it is too much work. I am in advanced everything and I get two hours a night and I am in 7th grade. Summer homework takes around 3 days and it feels like the whole summer. I think we should have the option.

• Takes up physical time

In the summer you are suppose to have fun and go on vacation with your families and friends.I also think this because if you forget to do it or if u are busy it piles up to hours of home work.Another reason is that when you get to school and you haven't done the home work because you have a life it can affect your grade.

• No summer work

Kids never signed up for summer school. They have other activities that they need to focus on. It's also way too stressful and instead of being outside and getting active they have to be sitting in a chair at a table doing their summer school work. Summer is a time for relaxing and taking breaks

• I doesn't benefit students

I honestly think we should have an option to the the homework. In my school the summer homework isn't used as a review, but rather a head start to the school year which is I feel is a foolish idea. This homework also takes about 2 days minimum out of our summer. This my seem like a small amount of time, but to the students it feels like an eternity.

• I doesn't benefit students

• It's not fair

Well, I understand why we get summer homework. But it's not close to fair. Each child that goes to school, spends 10 months of homework! We need time for family. It's not useless spending time on the computer. Actually games and videos increases your brain skills which is enough adding homework. Kids need a break at times. Think of it, would it really help you for the up coming year? Not really. Basically the homework for summer assigned, is just reviews of last year which is pretty useless..JUST LET US REST!

• It's so stressful

Students just want a break from hw and spend the summer having fun and not being torture. Lots of kids leave summer homework to do a the very last minute cause they don't wanna do it. When students start school the teachers don't ask for it or doesn't give the student credit for doing it. Sometimes students think it's a waste of time and you don't learn anything. Mostly summer homework is just a review so you don't really learn anything. I'm going into 8th grade and I'm not learning anything it's all a review for me.