Should students be grouped by academic ability (yes) or by age (no)?

Asked by: rainbowland
  • They should be grouped by ability

I think that kids should be grouped by ability because it allows students to progress at there own speed. Some grown ups or students think its a bad idea to get grouped by ability is because they dont want to be in a real;ly hard or easy classroom. So thats why im saying yes you should get grouped by ability

• Yes they should

Yes students will get bored because they have already learned what the teacher is teaching. Yes the student can help a lower level student. But the higher level student is not getting the proper education they need to be successful in their mind. Yes grouping students by ability should be allowed in school.

• Academic ability, of course

There is no reason to not group students by their academic ability. They must be tested, then placed in schools according to their results.
    Once placed, they have the opportunity to rise in classes, getting into the more prestigious classes if they are capable of beating those students in virtual combat.
    You see, the top class will have the best supplies and equipment, and the lowest will have little more than cardboard boxes for their desks.
    It's a perfect system, as seen in this documentary: http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/Baka_and_Test

• Lol lol lol

Loll lol loo lolollo lol o l ollololoo ol o olo lo lo lo lo lo l lo lo lo lo ol ol ol o oo o o lo olo lo o o lo lo lo lo l olo lo lo lol o olol ol ol ol olo lo ol oolol

• Um no, nope

N n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n no

• I say no

I SAY NO I SAY NO I SAY NO I SA NO I SAY NO I SAY NO I SAY NO I SAY NO I SAY NO I SAY NO I SAY NO I SAY NO I SAY NO I SAY NO I SAY no I SAY NO I SAY NO!!!!!!

• Groupinb by academic ability is impractical

Putting all 9 years olds or 12 year olds in the same group is easy to do. We know their age. We don't know jall of their abilities, though. We can know a reading level, or their score on a test, but it's really hard to have all that data for every single child in the United States and then group kids appropriately.
    There are also problems with it. What is life like when you're a 14 year old kid in a class of 10 year olds? What about the 10 year old in a class of 14 year olds? Kids need to be around kids of similar ages to learn social skills.