Should students be required to graduate from high school?

• Yes, students should be required to graduate from high school.

I believe that students should be required to graduate from high school. A person can't get any type of job without a high school diploma. A high school diploma is also the ticket to college, which can also help a person land a good job. I don't think even getting a GED degree is as useful as graduating from high school. I think that people who try and go to college with just a GED definitely have a disadvantage.

• No, citizens of the US should not be required to have a high school diploma

If someone wants to drop out, they should be able to. If they make a stupid decision and get pregnant, they should be able to drop out and take care of the baby. If their father dies, they should be able to drop out and take care of their family.

• No, students should not be required to graduate from high school.

Whether we like it or not, we live in a class-based economy and government. There will always be a lower-educated workforce, because there will always be lower-paying jobs that require less education. That's just the way it is. Also, the current public school system is completely broken, and if a student comes to this realization, they should not be forced to follow through a broken system.