Should students be required to graduate from high school?

• Yes, students should be required to graduate from high school.

I strongly believe that high school students should indeed be required to graduate from high school (being in high school myself at the moment) because as people have said; "High salary jobs require at least a high school diploma" and when people drop out. They cannot get hired for these jobs so they begin to rely on the Canadian Government for money monthly. I mean who wants to live like that? The people in this position - and i say this in the nicest way I possibly can - usually dont have any money to have through out the month. They spend it on groceries and bills. I mean come on people, be a little more independent. I get it that young kids lack in this experience but they need to realise that this is a real issue with Canadian citizens today.

• Yes, Students should be required to graduate high school.

People without a high school diploma are much more likely to fall into poverty because all high paying jobs require a high school diploma at least. High school dropouts are also statistically way more likely to fall into substance abuse. Education is so vital and important when it comes to our world, and they need to learn how to survive.

I believe that students should be required to graduate from high school. A person can't get any type of job without a high school diploma. A high school diploma is also the ticket to college, which can also help a person land a good job. I don't think even getting a GED degree is as useful as graduating from high school. I think that people who try and go to college with just a GED definitely have a disadvantage.

• Students who make bad grades shouldn't be forced to finish High school.

Students who flunk there classes waste resources. Both time and money are wasted on these people who end up dropping out of high school anyway. Why should a teacher waste their time helping a student who will give no effort and end up failing when they could be helping a student who will put forth the effort to learn and improve whatever skill they are learning.

• No, citizens of the US should not be required to have a high school diploma

If someone wants to drop out, they should be able to. If they make a stupid decision and get pregnant, they should be able to drop out and take care of the baby. If their father dies, they should be able to drop out and take care of their family.

• No, students should not be required to graduate from high school.

Whether we like it or not, we live in a class-based economy and government. There will always be a lower-educated workforce, because there will always be lower-paying jobs that require less education. That's just the way it is. Also, the current public school system is completely broken, and if a student comes to this realization, they should not be forced to follow through a broken system.