Should students be required to take mandatory physical education?

• No, students should not be required to take physical education.

I was watching "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" reruns earlier today and I think its great for Americans to be able to eat what they want. I should not be forced to ruin my big boned body with physical exertion. I like the way I bounce when I walk. Don't force me to change.

• Students should be required to take physical education

Education should prepare students for the variety of experiences they will encounter in life and expose them to information on a wide range of topics. This includes learning about the importance of being physically active throughout their lives. Additionally, for many students, the physical activity they get at school is the only time they exercise. If this is removed from school, many kids will live completely sedentary lives.

• Aint no mountain high enough

Aint no mountain high enough
    aint no mountain high enough
    aint no mountain high enough
    aint no mountain high enough
    aint no mountain high enough
    aint no mountain high enough
    aint no mountain high enough
    aint no mountain high enough
    aint no mountain high enough
    aint no mountain high enough

• Yes. I believe students should be required to take mandatory physical education.

Yes. I believe students should be required to take mandatory physical education, because of the current obesity problem in our society. We should take advantage of every opportunity we have to teach our children healthy living habits, and a mandatory course in school is a perfect way to do that.

• Students should be required to take mandatory physical education classes.

Students should be required to take mandatory physical education classes. Most students look forward to physical education classes for a break of regular classes. I think that it is important that students get some exercise on a daily basis. They should be required to take physical education classes throughout school.

• Yes, body and mind work together.

Children are of course learning how to think for themselves and figure things out in school. But the body can not be left out of this equation. Body and mind work together, which many in the United States have forgotten. For the brain to function as it should, physical education is also necessary.

• Yes physed should be required

Physed should be required as a school subject all the way through high school. There are a lot of benefits to gym class. It can teach team work, health, physical activity and more. It is also a chance to get a break from the rest of the school day for students.

• No it should not be mandatory it should be optional

It shouldn't because students have their own ways of staying healthy and PE shouldn't be a way for them to become healthier. PE should be an option but not mandatory. Students need to take their own decisions and decide if they want to take gym classes or not. Gym classes can make a person healthier and can make a person a professional athlete but there are also plenty of other jobs that doesn't revolve on gym and does revolve on other subjects and that gym is not needed

• No, students should not be required to take physical education courses

Physical education in schools is the cause of emotional turmoil and embarrassment , and is a waste of our already limited class time, it adds to the insecurity and self-consciousness, it makes kids feel bad about themselves, even more than they already do, it puts a light on them for everyone to look at them and laugh about it, if they cant run fast enough, or they cant pull themselves up, or play a sport as well as everyone else. They would get made fun of.

• Could humiliate weaker students!

Physical Education could humilate students that are not as strong, flexible or fast. Weaker kids could get huiliated or evn bullied for doing bad on a physical test. School is for learning, not for being bullied based on your physical capabilities. Being active can RARELY lead to success in later life.

• No, it makes some students uncomfortable.

No, students should not be required to take mandatory physical education, because some students who are smaller and weaker do not like sanctioned bullying twice a week in gym class. Even the physical education teacher gives preference for the students that are strongest and fastest. Gym class serves no purpose but to humiliate the weaker students.