Should students get in trouble for things they do outside of school?

Asked by: IwinDebates
  • I wanted to say no

But with the increase of unintelligent things the students do, someone needs to enforce the rules. If there is no discipline from the parents, the child will likely grow up without accepting responsibility for their actions. In a perfect world, the parents would sufficiently discipline the child, and the school would need not worry, but it has become an increasing trend where children have less respect for their authority, and feel entitled to things.

• The Answer Obviously

If this was an actual law, students simply wouldn't acknowledge it, they're going to do what they want outside of school regardless of it. Also it's an invasion of privacy, which is something that as an 'American' students have the right to, so it would be cruel to take it.

• If It Leads Back To School

With bullying rates increasing more and more everyday, anybody that is in a place to help stop it should get involved. When a child is bullied online or "off-campus" it leads back to school. When has there ever been a time where a child was insulted so many times but showed up at school acting totally normal? You're right, there hasn't been a case like that. Students often start flunking out of class or become closed off because of the fear other classmates will make fun of them. Things like this can cause suicide, if you want to tell me that school's shouldn't get involved when a child's life starts to go downhill and they have thoughts of killing themselves, then you're sick.

• In some circumstances it's needed

If they are doing something wrong while wearing school uniform, they are representing the school where ever they are. Also if a child has been convicted of a serious crime which could affect the safety of the students at their school this should also be taken into consideration when considering action.

• My friend was suspended.

My friend posted a meme that said "when the retarded kid opens the door to a school shotter" although this is highly offensive, my friend did not use any of the schools computers or tablets. He used his own phone at his own house. He was not at the school not any of the schools functions. This is very wrong in my opinion.

• The Answer Obviously

• Obvi not duh

Would you like it if the place you go out to eat had a say about what you in your own life? Simply put, school has only made things worse for kids who do bad stuff. Do what you what in your area but in mine they cant
    do shit about it

• It's not their place!!!

If you get into something outside of school, the teacher shouldn't even try to interfere, Nor give a consequence!!! Why should anyone get suspended or even kicked out of school because of something that has nothing to do with school. The School rules don't apply at home, once you get off that school bus, your on your own

• Blah blah blah

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

• Should school have influence outside of school

No they shouldn't.I'll admit that kids my age 12-15 are probably way more likely to harm another student outside of school because there's no one monitor icing them outside however what happens outside of school grounds is none of the schools business in other words why this wouldn't workable first reason why is they didn't see what happened. Say I disliked a school student I could just make up that that school student beat me up outside and the teacher would tell him of for it even though he didn't actually do it.2ndly they have no power outside of school when I'm in school they can boss me around.🙅 fine But the moment I leave you lose that it's like a baby sitter she while she baby sitting can boss me around but the moment she loses that If I meet her in Aida 2 days later and she tells me to go and get the chicken from row 13 I'd tell her to piss off the same logic I believe implies here.

• Everyone makes mistakes

Let's say you go to a party and get really drunk and leave the party and walk home next thing you know a cop pulls up and u get arrested jailed for a day when u get back to high school u get suspend for 10 days outside of campus not fair at all

• Uhncd hkbdyk b

H h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h bb. Jb hj h j hb hb h j j jj j j j b h. H h hbj h h h h b h h h h h h

• School's Jurisdiction Can Only Stretch So Far.

The school is not the childs parent and outside of school doesn't directly relate to the school. This means anything that happens outside of school isn't there business. On top of that, I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but the recent generation is quick to jump to conclusions. Half the time students get pulled in for things that were misinterpretated and that takes away time from their educatoin. If it happens outside of school the issue should STAY outside of school.

• If the child is outside of school, the child is in the hands of their parent.

The child will be in the hands of the parent afterschool. The teacher is only one person meaning they cant follow all their students everywhere every single day hour and second. When you do something bad, you have to realize yourself what you are doing with your life and whats going to happen later on in the world.