Should students get in trouble for things they do outside of school?

Asked by: IwinDebates
  • I wanted to say no

But with the increase of unintelligent things the students do, someone needs to enforce the rules. If there is no discipline from the parents, the child will likely grow up without accepting responsibility for their actions. In a perfect world, the parents would sufficiently discipline the child, and the school would need not worry, but it has become an increasing trend where children have less respect for their authority, and feel entitled to things.

• In some circumstances it's needed

If they are doing something wrong while wearing school uniform, they are representing the school where ever they are. Also if a child has been convicted of a serious crime which could affect the safety of the students at their school this should also be taken into consideration when considering action.

• Blah blah blah

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

• Should school have influence outside of school

No they shouldn't.I'll admit that kids my age 12-15 are probably way more likely to harm another student outside of school because there's no one monitor icing them outside however what happens outside of school grounds is none of the schools business in other words why this wouldn't workable first reason why is they didn't see what happened. Say I disliked a school student I could just make up that that school student beat me up outside and the teacher would tell him of for it even though he didn't actually do it.2ndly they have no power outside of school when I'm in school they can boss me around.🙅 fine But the moment I leave you lose that it's like a baby sitter she while she baby sitting can boss me around but the moment she loses that If I meet her in Aida 2 days later and she tells me to go and get the chicken from row 13 I'd tell her to piss off the same logic I believe implies here.

• Everyone makes mistakes

Let's say you go to a party and get really drunk and leave the party and walk home next thing you know a cop pulls up and u get arrested jailed for a day when u get back to high school u get suspend for 10 days outside of campus not fair at all

• Uhncd hkbdyk b

H h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h bb. Jb hj h j hb hb h j j jj j j j b h. H h hbj h h h h b h h h h h h

• School's Jurisdiction Can Only Stretch So Far.

The school is not the childs parent and outside of school doesn't directly relate to the school. This means anything that happens outside of school isn't there business. On top of that, I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but the recent generation is quick to jump to conclusions. Half the time students get pulled in for things that were misinterpretated and that takes away time from their educatoin. If it happens outside of school the issue should STAY outside of school.

• If the child is outside of school, the child is in the hands of their parent.

The child will be in the hands of the parent afterschool. The teacher is only one person meaning they cant follow all their students everywhere every single day hour and second. When you do something bad, you have to realize yourself what you are doing with your life and whats going to happen later on in the world.

• No Parent can take care of it.

Public schools can not do anything if something Happened outside of school. People can tell kids parent what they did, but some people tell the school and that student gets yelled at for something they do outside of school. It not right for student to get in trouble for something did outside of school. Me and another peer mother started fighting over text messages so then the peer's mother called and told the school something that didn't happened in school. We I got to school, I got yelled at because some peer's told and said I was bullying another peer and now its a big invengtion and I asked that peer that I was not bullying and she said no I was not bullying her, and the school won't believe me.

• It's My Life

Getting in trouble for something done out of school is ridiculous. The phrase "out of school" has the key word "out" in it. OUT, not to be confused with IN. When a student is in school, they have every right to be punished for something they did in school. If a student does something out of school, let the parent or guardian deal with it.

• Schools are to help students learn.

Schools are for teaching, not for taking over a child or teens life. If its outside of the school then the school should not get involved. They should mind their own business At my school this happens. It is very aggravating to hear one of my friends or another school/classmate has gotten in trouble for hitting someone or Texting someone. Even though some people say the students represent the school, which in some cases they do if they are a school leader, That does not matter. The school can worry about itself .

• Home is Home

Students shouldn't get in trouble for things they do outside of school or school-related activities because kids deserve to have a life away from their education. If they get fired from a job, that doesn't affect whether a student should stay in school. Committing a crime outside of school shouldn't affect a kid's education unless jail time keeps them out of school.