• Students Should Attend School Year-Round!!!

Studies show that students lose almost 50% of their learning due to "summer slide". During the summer learning slides out and fun "slides" in. If students attended school year-round, they would still get to have fun and enjoy school breaks, but the breaks would be much shorter and students would get right back to learning.

• Learning is easiar

Having school year round helps you focus on education and keeps your mind out of anything inturrupting or unnessesary.Many teachers worry about thier students over the summer,because they tend to forget what they learned.I believe having school year round will benifit us on learning about the things ahead and great.

• Students SHOULD attend school ALL YEAR LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone knows that it wouldn't make sense to go to school for 10 weeks, get a break for 2 weeks and then go BACK to school for 10 MORE weeks. DUH :P ;-) :-) Would U want to do that or NAHHHHHHHH???? I know I would NOT. That sounds kind of stupid don't u think???? :-) :-) :-) :-) :-P :-P :-P :-P :) :) :) :) :P :P :P :P

• No more summer!!!

There would no longer be summer vacation, which for me as a student, would be wonderful! I personally hat summer, getting fried at the beach is just not appealing to me, not to mention hot destinations, such as Disney, are a lit nicer in the spring or fall when its cooler. I would much rather have breaks spread throughout the year so that I could go on ski trips, autumn hiking trips, without worrying about missing school.

• Students should not go to school all year-round!

Student should not require school all year round because school isn't the only place you can learn.Students can be home schooled and plus the can go on family trips to different countries and learn about there culture and language there. Also student need a break now and then so the can relax and have a bit of fun.Student learn best when they are not in a boring environment!

• This is why other counties are ahead of us in education

Kids from other countries come here and excel because the educational system is that much better and longer. Think about it. If you took two months off from work would you remember all the key elements of your job upon your return? Would you be more efficient? Or would you have to work that much harder to "catch up" and get where you were once again? Think about that!

• Longer school year needed desperately !

We need to have year long school. I myself am a sixth grader, and I have seen the kids in my grade after summer. We spend SO much time learning the exact same material from last year. The reason is because we had a 2 month long break. Also, the USA is ranked 19th in average IQ with 97. 97 is good, if your farmer! We need to raise a generation of kids to be better than a pathetic 97. I have taken steps to ensure I don't end up in the fields by doing schooling over the summer. And guess what? I am one of the smartest kids in my school. All a by product of school year round.

• There are gaps in student learning

Students return to school with a faded and distant memory of last year's curriculum. Previously taught skills need to be revisited and it takes precious time away from learning the current grade level curriculum. High expectations are then placed on the teacher to reteach old material, but miraculously introduce new learning concepts and curriculum, all under a time constraint. I understand why people may argue against extending the school year, primarily because we have been using the September-June format for several decades, and people get comfortable with tradition. Extended school years would still have breaks, but not for a full two months at a time. The 2 months could be divided equally throughout the extended school year, in addition to the already scheduled Christmas and Spring Breaks. If this small change can impact student learning then we are doing all students a favor.

• Chettos are not bomb

It will help keep kids focused about school work instead of summer vacation. Their breaks should be longer to help even out the school year, the breaks though will not be long enough to ruin their education loss but. Regular public schools spend 2-3 months catching up on what students forgot over the summer break.

• Kids should go to school all year round

Kids don't like having to re learn things and they wont have to worry about it if they don't have summers but they will still get a break for 1 week every 2 weeks. That is just my own opinion. Please take this into consideration! I am only 13 years old and i am writing this, so take it from a kid, this would be a great way to increase knowledge and get scholarships!

• No students need breaks like everyone else

Going year round will be drill and kill. We all need to rest and have a good time. Not every one learns in a school envrioment i.E. I go outside during the summer and learn about edibile plants via by book or most of the time going out there with friends and share our knowdlege.

• Chettos the bomba

I disagree with the the year -round schooling calendar because students should be able to live their summer the way they want to. Research shows that students who attend year-round schooling have the same performance as those who attend traditional school calander.So why debate over adding extra weeks?????

-chettos 23

• Plain unfair people!

Lets say your parent gets a day off every week, how would they like it if they have to work two weeks then get two days off? Thats just the same with going to school year round. Students need rest time, people! Sure, if you' re obsessed with learning go right ahead. We're not stopping you there. But don't drag the rest of us into something we don't want to do. Students will likely just skip school because they don't agree with the all year thing. And I don't think that will help boost up where we are in the education system.

• Kids who are home schooled do better!

Studies show that kids who are home schooled get their work done quicker and do better. Teachers and other unnecessary crap that goes on during just delays getting work done. I'm home schooled. I work for maybe three hours a day, and i can get a whole lesson done in two days, while the school takes at least 3 weeks. It is outrageous.

• Not a great idea

It's stupid. I believe (as a student myself) that we wouldn't pay attention because we feel as if we'd always be there even if we have breaks it wouldn't be the same. Multiple breaks aren't a good idea because it'll would mess with peoples schedules way more than having a large break.

• Kids need a break!!!!!!!

I myself are a kid and I dislike the idea of going to school year round because that format has less time off, and we need time to relax. The summer time is a nice long time to go outside and play with friends,not to be at school worrying about the 5 page essay you need to write.

• Bring back summer!

I believe that students should only go to school during the normal school year, because school can be stressful enough, even on straight-A students. How much can someone take? There are many reasons why school is a good thing, but we deserve a vacation from school! What is your opinion?

• Heck to the No!!!

Students need a break so they won't be stressed out and be failing. Students just need a time were they can just have fun and enjoy life. They also need time hang out with family, and do something that's not related with school with you r friends. That's my opinion.

• Heck to the No!!!

• Students should not go to school year-round.

Part of a young person's learning experience comes not in the classroom, but in outside social interactions with his or her peers. This kind of experience can not be replicated in any structured way, by a teacher, a principle, or a state writing the curriculum standards that their students are to follow.

HEGGr7ELA says2013-11-13T16:54:44.357

HEGGr7ELA says2013-11-13T16:57:21.933
I think that we should have year round schooling because kids need a better education however only certian kids who need the help should have the year round schooling and kids who dont need help shoulndnt because it wont be fair to kids who dont need the help.I want year round schooling for kids because i want a better future and im pretty much sure other kids want a better future to
HEGGr7ELA says2013-11-13T16:57:54.023
I believe that we should no have year round schools because you can stress out students andwe need a break and it would cause a major buget lost to run the schools.Year round schools are a bad idea also because teachers and students need time to relax,Over all year round schools are a bad idea.
HEGGr7ELA says2013-11-13T17:52:21.987
I agree with amy4evamore.Because she has a great point and also alot of kids are not passing this year -jessicarocks