Should students have access to cell phones in school?

• Cell phones in school

I think that phones should be able to go into school,i will talk about why they should be in school, and the use for them in school, and when you should be able to use them.

I think that they should be able to use them so, if we have an emergency, or a book report if school ends early becouse of a snow day you can call your mom or if your parent is late you could call them.

When your out at resses and want to play with your phone without it getting taken away it is free time for kids eny way. If you lost an artickle or cant think of a topic for a story you can look it up for an ideas or articles.

They would be good use so if your mom is running late so then you can call her or in middle school you can use a celculater on your phone so you dont have to waste your money on an expensive celculater. In resses you can play on it to.

If you thought that cell phones should not be in school i hope that you changed your mind after reading this article.

• Yes, students have a pretty straight forward statement for cellphones.

Cellphones in normal life has become nothing to recognize, but a hobby to never notice. Schools should let students at least bring cellphones,as just in case of an emergency, and the student does not know their number, they can call the contact on their phone. Cellphones have every reason to stay in schools.

• Why cell phones should be allowed in school

I take the stance that cell phones should be allowed in schools. If Maryland is able to have them, why cant we? Another example is that what if we have an emergency and we need to be picked up? Why do we need to use the schools phone for calling if we have our own phone? Another reason is you can use your phone for school things too, for example, if you need to know an equation, every phone has a calculator. One more reason is what harm is it going to do to you? My last example is you can download learning games for school such as Math games. That is why I think cell phones should be allowed in school.

• Phones are helpful inside and outside of school

I think phones should be allowed in school. In More schools use cellphones as learning tools by Josh Higgins it states in a school district outside of Chicago , students participated in french class by using phones to call classmates and speak with them in french. As well as I have a translation app that i use to learn some of the basic words. It also states their use has also created worries about cheating. Well most teachers sit at there desks and watch the kids or do stuff on their computer. Well teachers will just have to walk around and be more careful. Should cellphones be allowed in the classroom by Mary Brown tells cellphones have long been favored by parents as a means of keeping track of their children and to reach them in case of an emergency. Also, after i got a phone i have felt a lot safer at school and walking home from school. I think phones should be allowed in school and that they do have benefits in class rooms

• How cell phones can help .

Kids should be able to use cell phones in schools because they couldn't do any harm. As long as students aren't using websites they aren't supposed to they should be aloud. Newsela states that schools in Maryland are starting to let kids use their cell phones . Also in some french classes teachers let students call each other to talk in french , that is a great idea! If teachers are watching the kids on their phones getting help and not doing anything bad they should be good. If teachers catch kids doing something they aren't supposed to do the teachers could tell the kids to put their phone in their backpack. The students could download an app that could help them . Hopefully people will decide to let kids use their phone in school and not just in Maryland!

• We should have cell phones in schools

I think we should have cell phones in class. So people could us it to solve math problems only if their teacher says so. Kids could read on their phones so they don't have to hold a book that is heavy. Kids could use their phones if they don't remember your parents phone number and they could call them on their phone instead. For example, Kids could use their phone just in case of an emergency. That is why I think phones should be in schools.

• Cell phones are a good thing for kids

Cell phones should be allowed in school because of an emergency if you need anything, or if something tragic had happened to you .Cell phones are used to help children with disabilities to help them learn.Teachers are using this to encourage learning.A classroom is a good place to learn about cell phones and how to stay safe using technology.

• Why cell phones are good for school.

I think that schools should allow cell phones to be used by students. I think this beacause cell phones can be used for learning purposes. For example,the article says that students in Chicago used their phones to call classmates,and spoke french to each other.Another example certain apps can help with learning.

I take the stance that cell phones should be allowed in schools. If Maryland can have them, why cant we? Another example is that what if we have an emergency and we need to be picked up? Why do we have to use the school phone to call if we have our own phone? Another reason is you can use your phone for school things too, for example, if you need to know an question, every phone has a calculator. One more reason is what harm are they going to do to you? My last example is you can download learning games for school such as math, Science, Social Studies, and many more for school activities.That is why I think cell phones should be allowed in school.

• Phonagraphs are very sick

I think that kids should be able to bring phones to school but leave them in there lockers. I think this because if kids had them in class they wouldnt pay attetion. But if they kept them in there backpacks they would be able to call home in case of an emergency. But if a kid brought it to class they could take inappropriate pictures or look things up. Also phones make a lot of noise so it could distract others. But if kids did have phones at school they could use it to look stuff up besides having to use chrome books or other big devices. Kids could also to call their parents if they needed to be picked up. So i think that cell phones should be aloud in school but kept in lockers.

• No phones please

Phones distraction to the student they get lest sleepy
    because they are on there phone so they can not get in trouble
    in school some kids will get in trouble so they do not get on bad wed site or be a wed bully and how wands to be a bully !

• No cell phones allowed in school

Should cell phones be allowed? NO! Some teachers have kids have cell phones in the class room to just do school work, but, who knows they are doing school work? All the teachers know that the kids are on the learning sight, but kids could be playing games or texting peers instead of passing notes to them, but, All the teachers know that the kids are on learning sight. What side are you on?

• No cell phones school

Cell phones should not be in school because the students how have the cell phones in class will be distract you form learing in class. Alaso it can be a way of passing not's and that's a green slip . Last you can do inappropriate stuff on it this is why I think cell phones shoud be band

• I think students should not be allowed to have cellphones in school.

For example phones can be stolen, at my school a student had their phone stolen straight from their locker. Also, phones could be broken witch could cost a lot of money for parents. Although phones could be used for educational purposes, they could also be used for texting and other things. Phones could also be a distraction if a student always has a phone in their desk. And if the phones get collected somewhere they could easily be stolen or mixed up. Also, most phones come with a calculator and with their small size they could be used to cheat on tests or exams. Finally phones can be used to cyberbully. If all students have phones a single message or picture could spread like a wildfire. I come to the conclusion that cellphones should not be allowed in schools because, they can be stolen,broken,or used inappropriately. No cellphones in schools!

Posted by: ESB
  • No phones in classroom

Phones should be kept in the locker during the day and not allowed in the classroom. Having been a teacher, I know that as phones began to permeate classrooms, test scores began a downhill slide. The students that spent the most time playing with their phones had the worst test scores and also seemed to severely lack in the personality and exhibited poor communication skills. The teaching staff would refer to these students as "Phone Zombies".

• No, there is no reason a student needs a cell phone in school.

To risk sounding old, but there is no reason a child need a phone. There weren't any cell phones in existence when I was in school and we received any urgent messages through the Principal's office. This is how it should be. After school, yes, this is an instant communication device that children should have access to in case of emergencies.