• Practice. Practice. Practice.

Doing homework is certainly necessary for higher education purposes and professors expect students to do some of it. Many people don't ever get very far into the hard sciences or math all because of the lack of practicing near adolescence. Do we want to raise children where there incapable of taking responsibility? (rhetorical)

• No more homework please

Students need time to be social and family time. They need to have less homework because a lot of homework impacts on sleep time, and sleep time can affect a students grades. When they have a lot of homework they don't have a lot of family time. Not a lot of family time can lead to family conflicts. Homework takes away free time to be with friends. It can lead to health issues in the body and mind. It can also lead to stress. When students do after school activities they cannot complete their homework because it requires too much time. Too much homework can lead to sleep deprivation which can cause stress and many more factors.

• It benefits a lot

There are many reasons students should do homework. Me being a 10th grader in school now, i even feel that i should have homework. Most students don't want the homework because it is too hard or too boring. What they don't understand is that the homework is benefiting them. The main way that it helps is because when we are assigned homework, it makes us study and burns what ever we study into our mind.

• Homework will help in the long run

Homework is given by teachers for a reason- to help us. Not doing your homework, just sitting around, playing games won't get you anywhere in school, and probably in life too. At the end of a class, homework is given to ensure you remember the lesson you just had. To make sure you DO understand what the teacher just talked about for 45 minutes. Doing your homework on time teaches you a sense of responsibility and time management. You do it, you get it out of the way, you build a habit of doing that, and voila! You know your schoolwork, and you have more time to do whatever you please. People have failed classes by not doing their homework and thus leading to you not completely understanding your lesson. Spending all the time you have at home doing things that aren't beneficial to your education can and most likely will lead to you forgetting what you just learned.

• Too lazy? Think of the advantages.

Homework is taking too much or your personal time? Making homework part of your daily routine will help in the future, especially when students finally move on to university. High school students are lucky to have teachers that work hard to keep students on top of things whereas in university, professors leave it up to the students to complete assigned homework on their own time. Learning to be self-sufficient at an earlier age will prove to be beneficial later on in life in both school and within your jobs.

• Homework expands the scope of learning, teaches discipline

I believe that students should have homework. Homework allows teachers to cover more material of a broader scope than would be possible within the time constraints of a typical class, as well as providing an opportunity for students to establish good routines and discipline that will serve them well later in life.

• Yes

Yes because I think it helps further instill the concepts that they have learned. It also helps those students that are struggling. I did however just hear a report that homework does not have an effect on whether or not a student has good or bad grades, and does not really help. I disagree though.

• Yes. Homework helps you prepare for tests.

At school you have many subjects, so there might not be enough time to finish work at school. The teachers don’t want to give it tomorrow because tomorrow there will be a new lesson to learn new things. That means that if you bring it home, you can take your time instead of rushing through your work to finish it. It would be easier, and help you learn better.

• I think we should have homework because it teaches us more in the long run.

It teaches the students important life skills that they will need to apply even when they become working adults, especially time management, prioritizing work, as well as values, namely responsibility and self-discipline. Setting homework and assignments extends the student’s study beyond what they learn in school and allows for a wider and deeper understanding of the topic. Homework is a great burden for students. It's good to give homework but nowadays teachers give homework more too heavy for a school bag. Many students cannot manage their time. Homework teaches students on how to use their time properly and not waste it on things like playing games or watching TV.

• It is a good use of time.

People think that homework is such a waste of time, but it is a use of time. If you spend all of the time watching TV you will forget about what you learned in school, and that is not a option. Spongebob can wait until you are done with homework.

• No, a longer school day that stays at school.

Right now, school days are pretty short; if they were longer, perhaps more of the school day could stay at school. There will probably perpetually be some need to spend some of one's own time reviewing materials or make up work that just couldn't be finished, but a shortened school day in which kids take a large burden of work home is annoying and inconvenient to everyone except corrupt school administrators.

• Id kill myself!

I have been scouted for many football teams but don't have time to go to their academies. Homework pretty much takes over my life. I could already have my career sorted, however because homework takes over my life i don't have enough time to fulfil my dreams as becoming a professional footballer.

• Students should have a little bit of homework, not piles of it.

That is not usually what happens though, teachers obviously don’t coordinate with each other, which may cause the homework to take a student hours to complete. As one can observe, a student must go to school for 5 to 6 hours each day, five days a week, which is already work. Then, they get home, and they have to do, what? MORE work!?! For many students, that can be stressful and tiring. Most students also have extracurricular activities (e.G. Sports, musical instrument, art, etc.). Homework can take away from this time.

• It causes Stress

I've looked on multiple sites and found that kids that have too much homework have no time for themselves. Without that time for themselves they don't usually finish their homework till late at night. Since that happens to some kids they start to fail their classes because most aren't even able to stay up all night to do their homework. So they begin to fail their classes

• Homework is not good for your health.

When you do your homework with your computer, it damages your eyes. If the students don't have good eyes, they can't get a better job. Maybe they will need glasses, which is a very bad thing because it limits you from a lot of things. And also if you keep on doing homework for a long time, with your head down looking at the papers, it is no good for your backbone. That's why we shouldn't have homework.

• We want to relax and chill after school.

When I get home, I want to chill around, have a little nap, eat a whole bunch of snacks, chat with my friends and play my cello for a while. But now, I have to do a whole bunch of homework, and I don't have enough time to do things that I want to do. I should have the time to do whatever I want to do!

• After a long working school day, more work?

When students come home from school (I am a student) they want to relax after a long school day of working. Not come home to do more schoolwork! Also, it's hard to have a fun childhood when you're too busy doing homework to do anything else. "Want to go swimming with me after school?" a friend would ask. "I can't, I have too much homework," you answer. That's loss of socialization and exercise.

• It's called a social life.

Although people say homework is crucial to success, studies have proven that homework HASN'T made a direct impact on students' learning abilities, and in some studies, had no impact, and was just given due to the mandatory assignments by superiors. As a student, I can say that homework is simply pointless, except for in later grades (ex: AP courses in High School, and in college.)

• Students will not want to learn.

If I go home and do at least an hour of homework each night, I'm not exactly excited to learn the next day. Soon, students will be too reluctant to learn at all because they're worried about the "strings" attached. Students should want to learn for the sake of expanding their knowledge.

• Homework is time consuming

By the time students get home, they most likely have a sport of some sort to attend. Then if they have homework, they might have to stay up late to finish it. On top of that if it is incomplete they are given a punishment and a 0 for that grade. This is a huge stress attracter for most A-B grade average students. Students would most likely try harder on class work if they knew they wouldn't get homework if they did well on the assignments.