• Yes it is good

In moderation, Homework is a very good thing

I am a student in year eight and I personally believe that in moderation, homework after school is a good thing. After a day of learning at school, students have most likely forgotten everything they have learnt already! Homework is revision. The students can revise what they have learnt, back up their memory and their ability to recall the information more quickly and easily, as studies have proved. Too much homework though will tire out students. They may have loads of homework from each class to hand in the next morning and will have to stay up all night. The will grow tired quickly and revise incorrectly, teaching themselves wrong information. The next day they will be tired and out of it, not being able to learn as they would if they went to bed earlier and had a good night’s sleep. Children need AT LEAST eight hours of sleep a night. I believe homework, in appropriate amounts, is a good thing.

• Homework is key.

Children need practice out of school to improve on their subjects. If they don't have homework then they won't be benefited in the future. Homework is essential because you can't do anything without practicing. Most of the people who are disagreeing with this would be stupid children who don't know how important it is to complete homework. It's for their own good weather they like it or not. Furthermore, think of how it can improve your future in English or Maths.

• Yes we should learn a lot!

I am in seventh grade and you may be suprized, but I think middle school should have homework. Not every night, but Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights. And just something that will only take a few minutes. I think we would do better in school and would mature, and be more prepared for college. My math teacher is the only teacher who gives homework. Our homeroom is 40 minutes so we have plenty of time to do it! Well, don't assign to much to be stressed, but I got more homework in elementary school than i do now, so it will sharpen our skills so we have better grades in school. But don't give too much homework, we should be able to actually do it and not feel too stressed!

• Homework is important

The homework are able to promote the sudents consolidating of the konwledge after the school.The student can develop their self-control by doing homework,and in fact many pupils can't intend themselves.What's more,It is obvious that teacher can know and supervise the student learning by rresiving and correcting their compositions.So I think that students should have homework.

• Kids should have homework because homework is helpful.

Homework is assigned to help kids study, and it is kids' fault if they don't have enough time for homework. For example, some kids decide not to do their homework until night time. Please support homework because it helps your child, especially in preparing for tests or quizzes. However, kids wait until bedtime they won't have time to do their homework.

• Yes To Homework!

Kids should have homework because it supports the learning of schools, makes them more ready for a quiz, and also helps children better understand in the learning environment. And it can also help teachers in the way of their class learning, progress their class into learning at a faster pace, and also makes them more ready for other grades, Especially middle school.

• Students should have homework after school.

Yes, students should have homework after school. Homework is an integral part of reinforcing the learning that goes on while at school, as well as promoting valuable habits such as diligence, responsibility, and time management. Homework should be required for all students, however, the amount of homework should not be excessive.

• College Prep and Responsibility.

Colleges don't care whether you are the star of the basketball team or not, they give you homework anyways. We should give students homework after school, because it prepares them for college and balancing a double life that you will have. Also, it teaches kids responsibility, because they have to decide what is truly the most important, and that's something that they will have to deal with for a majority of their life.

• In moderation, Homework is a very good thing

I am a student in year nine and I personally believe that in moderation, homework after school is a good thing. After a day of learning at school, students have most likely forgotten everything they have learnt already! Homework is revision. The students can revise what they have learnt, back up their memory and their ability to recall the information more quickly and easily, as studies have proven. Too much homework though will tire out students. They may have loads of homework from each class to hand in the next morning and will have to stay up all night. The will grow tired quickly and revise incorrectly, teaching themselves wrong information. The next day they will be tired and out of it, not being able to learn as they would if they went to bed earlier and had a good night’s sleep. Children need AT LEAST eight hours of sleep a night. I believe homework, in appropriate amounts, is a good thing.

• Students should get homework.

Ok. People say that students spend SOOOO much time on homework, that they don't have any spare time to run around. Now, I know personally that students are very unorganized, and they will dump all their homework on the last possible moment, making them work for five hours straight. If the students actually managed their time well, they will only spend about thirty minutes a day on homework. Homework does help. In my class, if we didn't have homework, we will be about three units behind. Now think about this. If students don't get homework in elementary school, and then start getting homework, it will be even worse. There will be students who don't know how to manage their time, and they will have a ton ton ton of homework to do on a certain time, but if they knew how to manage their time it will be easy. English is a second language for me, but it's still easy for me to write paragraphs/essays. And you're saying that students will be running around in their free time. Well, welcome to the 21st century, we have computers, televisions, iPads, etc. and that's what kids will do in their free time. When the kids grow up, it will be hard for them in life, because they will stack up all the work for the last possible moment, and in adulthood, this is a really not smart thing to do. I am a student, and I hate homework, but I know it's necessary for life later. From where I came from, teachers knew how much is enough homework, and they also know that here.

• No more homework

The reason teachers should stop giving homework is because it does not do anything but stress the students out and take away time that they could have for doing other things such as church activities, sports, clubs, volunteer work, jobs, family things, hobbies, self time, relaxation, etc. Colleges look at more things than just a student's grades although that's usually the first thing they do look at. How are students supposed to live creative, social, and well rounded lives with hours and hours of homework stacked upon their already crazy and busy lives? Homework should be banned.

• There is no point.

Students want to have fun after school and it hurts their backs. It is also boring. We should not have homework. It is bad for students and it will hurt your grade. There is no point of it. My whole class tries to beg the teachers with me. Stop the homework.

• No, they are suffering from homework.

After hours and hours and hours of doing homework a student starts crying. He hits his head on the wall, knowing that he won’t solve the math problem, knowing that he won’t be able to finish his homework for his other classes the next day. So many students suffer every day from doing homework. Should it be acceptable for students to be experiencing this? No, definitely not. Students in grades K-8 should not be experiencing this, not until high school.

There is no academic benefit to homework in grades K-8. According to Alfie Kohn "… No study has ever demonstrated any academic benefit to assigning homework before children are in high school” (Edutopia). Osiris Contreras from Centennial Middle School said, “I think there shouldn’t be homework. I waste more time doing it, and I don’t see any benefits”. She thinks she is wasting her time on homework.

Homework also negatively affects students’ health. Students get stressed from homework. Their head hurts, they don’t want to hear anything, and they start hitting themselves. Students can actually get sick from homework. No one has gone as far as the American Child Association did in the 1930s when it pinned homework and child labor as leading killers of children who contracted tuberculosis and heart disease (The Washington Post). Students need to play to be healthy. According to Alfie Kohn, play is so important to optimal child development that it has been recognized by the United Nations High Commission for Human Rights as a right of every child. Homework can affect kids’ health by turning them into “couch potatoes” as they spend more time studying than playing outside. Mary Bousted, General Secretary of the ATL (Association of Teachers and Lecturers), said “I think a lot of homework is a waste of time. It puts a huge amount of stress particularly on disadvantaged children from disadvantaged homes” (The Telegraph).

• Suffering from homework.

After hours and hours and hours of doing homework a student starts crying. He hits his head on the wall, knowing that he won’t solve the math problem, knowing that he won’t be able to finish his homework for his other classes the next day. So many students suffer every day from doing homework. Should it be acceptable for students to be experiencing his? No, definitely not. Students in grades K-8 should not experiencing this not until high school.

There is no academic benefit of homework in grades K-8. According to Alfie Kohn “… No study has ever demonstrated any academic benefit to assign homework before children are in high school” (Edutopia). Osiris Contreras from Centennial Middle School said, “I think there shouldn't’t be homework. I waste more time doing it, and I don’t see any benefits”, she thinks she is wasting her time on homework.

Homework also negatively affects students’ health. Students get stressed from homework. Their head hurts, they don’t want to hear anything, and they start hitting themselves. Students can actually get sick from homework. No one has gone as far as the American Child Association did in the 1930s when it pinned homework and child labor as leading killers of children who contracted tuberculosis and heart disease (The Washington Post). Students need to play to be healthy. According to Alfie Kohn play is so important to optima child development that it has been recognized by the United Nations High Commission for Human Rights as a right of every child. Homework can affect kids’ health by turning them into “couch potatoes” as they spend more time studying than playing outside. Mary Bousted, General Secretary of the ATL (Association of Teachers and Lecturers), said “I think a lot of homework is a waste of time. It puts a huge amount of stress particularly on disadvantaged children from disadvantaged homes” (The Telegraph).

• Too much homework is too much to handle.

“Most of what homework is doing is driving kids away from learning,” says education professor Harvey Daniels. Let’s face it, most children dread homework, or at best see it as something to be gotten through. Thus, even if it did provide other benefits, they would have to be weighed against its likely effect on kids’ love of learning. Homework also sucks time from family, sleep, and other activities that can be beneficial to you. While doing homework you lose time with family and the time you can spend learning to be a home-maker. The time you can be doing homework you could be sleeping, going for a bike-ride or community service. But teachers can also be effected by giving too much homework. Because then they have too much to grade and they don't closely look at the students who need to improve on that subject. So the student isn't learning anything and the teacher assigned all those assignments. So too much homework makes everyone exhausted.

• Homework is a waste.

Homework makes learning not fun and discourages learning. It causes stress on kids and their families. Kids might need to finish unfinished school work and don't have time to because they have homework assignments. There is no research that shows homework to be beneficial. Often homework assignments are more busy work then quality learning experience.

• Homework No More!

Homework shouldn't exist because many students have after school activities and need to have a cool-down from school. After a long hard day of work, you're going to push us to do more.... really?! Students need to have free time and not completely revolve their life around school. Yes, school is important, but adding even more work can cause stress and mental issues.

• No, students should not have homework after school.

Students shouldn't have homework after school because students should also have a free life after school hours. School is one thing, and home is another. Also, too much homework can cause stress and health issues. So, homework should be illegal. They shouldn't even allow teachers to give homework. So, if you're against homework, keep voting for NO.

• No, I disagree.

We need to have a break when we get out from school, and have a social life with our friends. It's hard when kids have after school activities. They finish homework like at 9, and don't have time to spend with their family, and get tired easily when just starting 1 homework!

• Homework creates stress and amounts to too much work for students.

I think that homework should not be assigned because all that I think about when I get home is that I have to finish my homework. I spend all day and night thinking about having to do homework. Homework is also too much work for students; starting in seventh grade, students get homework for math, social studies, language arts, and science almost every day. And that is on top of going to class and doing class work and tests!

Anonymous says2013-03-19T07:41:20.220
Homework is seen by many as being essential for children’s scholastic development. But there seems to be more substantive arguments against homework for kids under the age of 14 than there are for it.

Here’s a scenario: As a typical parent-teacher meeting concludes, the Grade 5 teacher thanks parents for attending and asks for any questions about how the class will operate during the year.

One mother asks the teacher to ensure the children receive plenty of homework to help them prepare for the upcoming NAPLAN test later in the year.