• It should be longer

So we can be come smart and know a lot of the stuff that are teacher tells us like what is 2+2=4 so are moms don"t yell at us for not paying bills because what the point of that I men come on get a job you hobo read this hobos

• They should because,

They are off task a lot and so they do not get all their work done and with more time not only can they have more time to get their work done they also have more time to cover new material. Which over time can also help the students get a better education for a better job.

• School is fun

I think school is fun because that the only way you get after school activities and you meet new friend and you get smarter and education is important to the future. This is why I think school is fun. So I hope you like my idea and join me along.

• Yes, it should

If school was eight hours long it would give students, such as myself, in middle school, and other schools, more time to learn. I think if they did thought that they should get rid of homework because the extra time spent in school is about the time it takes for a kid to finish the homework. It would also be a chance for a student that is having trouble in some classes could have more of a chance to ask for help.

• Yes, I agree

Longer school days will help students in school. U.S students are falling behind in the world academically. We are probably in the 28th place. This is why we need longer school days. I STRONGLY believe this. We look like a really stupid country right now. Do you want to live in a stupid country?

• It's about education

By having longer days in school, we are maximizing the opportunity students have to learn. There is a reason that the US is so behind in education, and the reason is because we, as a nation, have decided to turn education into a debate about fairness rather than a debate about what works. In other nations, teachers get paid based on student performance, something that should have long ago been implemented in the US. When we truly place students first, we are stating that we are willing to do what's necessary to make sure they learn and can perform competently in life. Reduce the homework load, and give students more one-on-one time to learn with their instructors.

• No not at all

There is not enough time in the day as is and having more school days would put to much stress on kids . Where does the quality time come in with family and friends . Kids need time to relax and hang out , play sport or do hobbies... Not everything is about learning ...Sometimes kids need time out just like adults....

• Yes! Everyone needs more education!

Students should have MORE school days! Students should have more school days! Who wouldn't agree on that?If students have more school days, they should get their things to be completed. I mean, sometimes students would not get their work finished and ended being their homework. And I think if there are a lot of o=homework already, and add another staff of work that didn’t finish at school, students will be so busy everyday. This might happen, if students don’t finish their work, teachers will just tell them to to quicker and students will feel tired. I didn’t say there will be more amount of time in one school day, I said that their should be MORE school days. Such as sometimes on Saturday or Sunday, you may or may not have any activities to do at all. The people that have no activities on those 2 days could have a school day.. If they didn’t have work finished, they can do it in school on that day.. So then the teachers wouldn’t blame on the students that didn’t finish it.

• No, they would cause more problems.

Kids who have longer school days with less free time and more work they experience more anxiety and depression than kids who do. They also will not have as much time to do homework or extracurricular activities. This makes it harder to apply for colleges who want to see your sports and such.

• Yyyyy eeee ss

Y y y y y y y y y y y yy y y y y y y yy y y y y y y y y e e e e ee e e e e e e e e e e e es s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s

• Oh Heck naw

We should not have longer school days because teachers are mean and i really really really do not want to stay with them an extra day. Also i really need to use the bathroom (#2) and i am never going to use the school bathrooms. EVER. I would rather stay home and play cod. ROSARIO OUT

• Its too long already

Every school day i wait til' we go home because school is boring yet we have more hours, days, weeks and moths in school than at home, having fun, being happy, regulating our heart rates. School break is too short, Saturday and Sunday is too short, and semester break is too short. What's the fun in that?

• Its too long already

• Its too long already

• Its too long already

• It Makes No Sense

If students are already spending 52 weeks in school, why should we be subjected to even longer years? We need more breaks! I think we should petition to change from 5 days a week to 4 days a week and do a few more 4-day weeks of school instead of 52 5-day weeks.

• Never so I think No

School is long enough. Plus people have to have time to do other activities like sports and art class! If kids have longer school days they might have to stay for dinner and that is because the school might extend the school days for a couple hours to extend the periods of the classes. Plus schools so al, of u greens..... ITS NOT ONLY ABOUT SCHOOL rolls eyes

• Never! No! Why?

If students have longer school days, it can affect after school classes. It can also decrease self motivation! Also students need stamina. Enough energy to get through the class. It can also affect friendships with friends out of school. So I am against having a longer school day! And I'm a 5th grader!

• No it shouldn't!

I'm a high school student myself, I am at school for 6 hours a day, plus the 1 hour it takes me to travel to and fro and the 2-3 hours of work I have after school, and so in total I spend about 9-10 hours a day doing school related things. If school hours were to be extended I would find myself going to bed later in order to complete (increased) homework and still waking up at the same time. And frankly, that would mean I would be even more exhausted and stressed than I already am.

• No, they're good where they are

Any additional time added to school days is asking an even longer commitment from students to care about things that in most cases they don't, it wouldn't be time well utilized. All that would increase with longer schooldays is how much of the day students spend starting at the clock.