Should students have the right to cell phones in class?

• Yes, students should have the right to use phones in class.

I feel like students should be able to have there phone in class if they do not just us it to go look at there friends picture they just posted. But If they have work to get done by themself and get done early I don't see why they cant. Also if there is an emergency in there family or they just don't feel good I feel it would be fine if they had there phone out during class.

• Yes I think it should be okay to have phones during class

I believe that we should be able to use our phones in class, it should be our choice. If students want to be on their phones rather than listening to what is being taught then that should be their choice, as long as they turn stuff i and stay caught up in work then it shouldn't be a problem

• I believe it's a dsitraction

I believe that phones are a distraction in class. While I think that students should be able to have there phones on them in case of an emergency. There is no other need for them in school. Phones today have so many different apps that allows kids to get distracted to easily.

• I believe it's a dsitraction

• I believe it's a dsitraction

• It should be a choice

I think that having their phone in class should be a matter of choice. A students should be able to handle emergency situations while in class, but also be learning. I also think that they should know when it's the right situation to have your phone out. If a student has their phone out during a lecture, they obviously don't know when the correct situation is.

• Kids should be able to have their phones in class but only for an emergency.

I believe that kids should be able to have their phones with them in class, as long as they are on silent and they only use it for family emergencies. If it is not a family emergency, then their phone is just a distraction and takes away from what they are doing. It is like being in a movie, social media and chatting can wait unless it is an emergency, then you should step out. If you have it out in class you are distracting yourself, others around you, and even your teacher.

• Kids should be allowed to have their phones in class, but for emergencies only!

• Yes they should

I believe they should be able to have phones in class. It can be a distraction, yes, but phones are pretty large and can be spotted easily. Phones are good to look up quick information or even join in on a fun game of kahoot. If family members need to call students because of an emergency they are able to quickly and efficiently.

• I believe it's a dsitraction

• Yes and no, mostly no

Yes and no, kids should be able to have their phones on them in case their parents need to get a hold of them. But the phone should be in a pocket or bag. If they need to be on their phone, they need to be able to prove it is their mom, or dad, that they are talking to them and they NEED to talk to this that second. If they could have their phone out at all times, they would be too distracted to pay attention in class

• Yes and no, but more no

Yes and no, Kids should be able to have their phones on them in case a parent needs to get hold of them. But the phone should be in a pocket or bag, and kids shouldn't be on their phones in class unless they can prove to their teacher that it is their mom, or dad, they are talking to and they NEED to text them right this second.

• One word. Distraction

Imagine you are in a classroom full of 14-15 year olds that are constantly on their phone. It would be so hard to get their attention from their phones to their work. If that becomes a big problem, cell phones would be banned again, then we are back at square one. Making this completely useless.

• One word. Distraction

• Too Much of a Distraction

I believe that students shouldn't have the right to cell phones in class. They are a not needed distraction for students who are at school because they need to learn. The whole purpose of school is to acquire knowledge that will be beneficial to them in the future. Yes, people can say that if it's responsibly used it wouldn't be a problem, but your phone can be an addiction that can leave you zoned out and lose focus while your in school.

• Too Much of a Distraction

• Students should not have phones in class

It is just a plan distraction towards the subject that they are trying to be taught. Plus it can be used to cheat during tests by giving out answers or using answers sent them when they know it is cheating. So this is why I think students should not have phones in class

• No (with some exceptions)

I think that students shouldn't have their phones in class because it is way to distracting. I have had experiences were my class partner has spent more time on their phone then on me or the project. I do think that if the teacher want you to get a alarm, timer, or calculator out that that is fine, even recording lectures is fine but when you do not get your work and learning done due to a phone, that is when I say no more phones

• Students should not have the right to cell phones.

A phone in a class room is just so unnecessary, unless your using it's calculator or looking something up. But other than those two things your phone shouldn't be out, even if you get a text because you can check that later when your not learning and if it was important and required a instant reply well then that sucks for you.