• Education is important!! I know because im 12

Yeah snow days are fun but their are kids failing (not me) because their stupid so we need to make up these days i mean what if we missed a test or something and we have to take time out of another thing we were going to do to finish the other thing

• Schools should extend the school day

Instead of using part of your summer to be in school just extend the school day! Even if its only 30 minutes it still helps your education! What would you rather do use summer vacation spring break and febuary vacation to make it up? I sure wouldnt! What do u think?

• Schools should extend the school day

I think schools should extend the school days! Instead of waisting ur spring break and febuary vacation and summer vacation in school! Just extend the school day. Even if its only 30 minutes it would still help your education more then spending your summer in school! So what do you think?

• Students should make up snow days.

Students must attend school for a certain amount of days each school year and if they do not reach that specific number of days then they have not learned their curriculum. Even if the reason school was missed was unchangeable it is still missed school days that need to be made up. The fact that schools are making students make up missed days means that the school wants the students to succeed in the next grade level.

• No, you shouldn't make your child go to school

Because, we cant control the weather,and I'm sure they wouldn't like it if we took their summer away so why should they take ours away!!!!!!!! So if you say yes then you should really say NO because , I bet they didn't even think that we couldn't control the weather.

• Yes,students should make up snow days.

On days here heavy snow or ice is falling,students should be able to decide whether they go to school or not, based on the conditions of their driveway, or if they lived outside a main city and had a long drive ahead of them. I would agree that students should make to snow days as everyone who goes to a certain school may not live in the same area, thus the weather conditions may be slightly different from where another student or teacher may live.

• I dont believe that we should have to make up snow days because

By making up snow days, the schools take time out of students and teachers summer vacations which means kid won`t return because they wont their full summer vacations. I`m a 16 year old and in school,it sucks to take time before summer school to make up snow days or anything before break

• What 13 year old asked this question?

When I went to school, say, five years ago, we always made up school days. I happen to feel that a child's education is important; seriously, does this even need to be a question? Have we lost our morals, or are we, as humans, becoming more lazy? That's what I am interested in finding out.

Posted by: S.K
  • Yes, students should have to make up snow days.

Yes, students should have to make up snow days. every school day is important to the learning and development of children. Students often get two months or more off during the summer. There is plenty of time to make up the education missed during Days that must be canceled due to the weather.

• Students should be able to work from home on "snow days"

A day home from school because of severe weather can be spent in a constructive manner. Most schools issue laptops or Ipads to their students. These tools can be used to complete tasks from home. This will eliminate the need for the day to be made up later in the classroom

• No make up days for snow days

The normal academic year for a school student is made up with buffer days included. It is not likely that a school year has the exact number of days to cover all the material needed. If this were the case, students should not be watching movies in class, having party days etc.

• School District Policy

From my school district,if we have any bad weather make up days.We have to make up those days later on, and I personally somewhat agree or disagree,but mostly disagree.Kids are kids,let them have a break (other than weekends,.Don't give them humongous stress to get a taste of the world life.

• No, students should not have to make up snow days.

I do not believe that students should have to make up snow days. Often, these make-up days are just tacked on to the end of the year and do not result in any significant learning. In my experience, teachers just show movies or let students play games because finals have already been administered.

• Should students have to make up school days

No they shouldnt because the school cant make us come back because of the snow when we cant stop the snow from happening. My best freind jeff just jumped in the snow and pooped in his big fat granny panties. Then he got up and it slid down his greasy leg.

• Straight up no...

School has already submitted the grades.Why should students come to school then??Its crazy that students come to school for no reason. Snow days are needed because would you have you child have a greater chance to get in a car accident and die or have them stay hame and be safe. Rekt M8 i!I!I!

• NO Make up DayS ARE I Waste of time and money. They are pathetic.

Many schools make up snow days but all they do is nothing. So all this light, electricity being used is a waste of money. Like students and teachers just want to go home and have a vacation!!!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME<3<3 ITS NOT FAIR THAT SNOW DAYS HAPPEN LIKE ITS NOT OUR FAULT

• Forget snow days we don't do anything on the make up days

We shouldn't have to make up snow days because after all the grade r out there is no point in going to school there is no more grades to give because all the report cards are out.Kids also shouldn't have to go to school because of saftey issues.Would u rather gat in a car crash and risk dieng or not go to school. Think about it.SNOW DAYS GAT REKT M8

• Why I Think We Shouldn't Have To Make Up Snow Days!!!!!

I say NO because for one half of us don't like school don't like the kids that thinks their all that and thinks they can run the school and that were their slaves and have to do everything for them. Some kids don't like the teachers. Some of us hate the teachers because they don't help. They say we did something another kid did. They tell our parents that we are being bad and were not. Some teachers threaten us by saying that they are gonna call our parents because we can't hear them. They take our papers while were still working on them and grade them.

• I think that all school should not have to make up for weather related emergency days

We can’t control the weather will be bad and we end up not having school and then make up for the days, that’s not fair because it’s a coincidence. We should not have to have extra time after school, or even have some of our summer taken away. Most kids in school’s will be upset that because of the weather that wasn't even our faults that they will have to take some days from us.