Should students have to pass a basic skills test to graduate high school?

• No i do not agree.

Students should not have to pass a test to graduate. In my school, you have to do 75 hours of community service to graduate. As a senior you need to pass a senior project in order to graduate. WE DO NOT NEED TO PASS A TEST. We need to get good grades as it is to pass classes and we have enough tests.

• Yes they should have to pass a basic skills test to graduate high school

Yes they should because they might forget what they had learned. And if they have children and there children ask what to do they will need to help them and if they don't know what to do they could give him/her the wrong answer. On other reason why is because they will need a job and if they didn't pass the test and the job goes back and checks ur degree to see if they want you they won't hire you because you didn't pass ti

• Yes they shoulg

Students with out basic skills have no place in the adult world or out of high school. The adult world is depending on the high schoolers today. If we want them to lead our country we have laid down for them then we need to know what they are capable of!

• Yes they shoulg

• Absolutely in agreement.

There are actually plenty of examples in the disagreement section of this poll. Poor grammar, bad spelling, incorrect use of "your and you're" and also "there, their, and they're". If we expect our future generations to essentially run the world we have built for them, I for one would like them to be better educated. I refuse to hand important decisions off to the next generation if they are unable to discern the difference between their and there. If there is no common sense in our future generations, how can we expect them to make important and potentially lethal decisions and actions? We can't. A basic skills test would show the school just exactly what they are dealing with. It does not determine intelligence nor would it help in job placement, but it would leave the child ready to take on the world.

• Yes I agree

I think they should have to pas a basic test to graduate from high school, cause if they don't they may never end up with good paying jobs. I know this because I am right now trying to get my high school diploma right now and I know its hard to get jobs without it.

• Education put to the test

Lots of classes will take completion assignments for attempting. In life you have to try a little harder than that. The basic skills test will also help show which schools are meeting a mark. If students cannot pass a basic test then they do not deserve a diploma. This will help them in the long run.

• Yes they should have to pass a basic skills test

If we don't know the basic skills then how will we ever get anywhere. There are already enough uneducated young adults (18-30) out there eventually America wont even be on the charts for education but learning all the basics and advancing from there. If we don't get smart then well go the other way.

• Yes they should.

Because if they don't they might forget what they learned in their freshmen year of high school. So this test would ensure that they remember what they learned so they can still use those skills they learned earlier on in high school. That way they can be successful in life.

• Should students have to take a basic skills test to Graduate High School???

I say Yes because diplomas mean something and it's important to take a test so u can remember everything for college. Also teachers want to know if there students learned and didn't just slack off at school. Students also should be able to remember everything they learned. People should take a test and it should never be canceled.

• Having to pass a test to graduate is not helping students be ready for the real world.

When a student fails a test it makes the student not feel prepared to get out there in the real world along side with the fact that not every one is good at taking test but understand the subject . I disagree to taking tests in school overall .The school discrict depends on the est way too much like if taking a test like if it proves if youre smart or not

• No students should not have to pass a basic skills test to graduate.

What if a student struggles because they are not good test takers but can pass every class that they were in. I am not good with test but I have passed every class that I ever been in. When it comes down to taking a test, my brain shuts down so I would not want to go through high school making A's and B's and this test tells me I can not graduate because I did not pass.

• No i do not agree.

• No students should have to to take a test in order for them to graduate.

I say no because students already have to get good grades in highschool in order for them to graduate so why should they have to take a test for them in order for them to graduate highschool. And so basically no matter how good they did inside highscool they will still have to take the test in order for the gov. to know if your ready for college.

• Students shouldn't have to pass a test to graduate.

"Everyone's a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"(Albert Einstein).
    1. Employers don't look at test grades
    2. The teacher might not have covered the material. Some teachers just want a paycheck, and some teachers will teach what they think is important.
    3. There are other outside factors that can affect the test results. For example, not enough sleep, anxiety, having family problems.

• NO,students should not have to pass the basic skills test to graduate high school

The test shouldn't determine whether or not they should graduate high school,because say they are really smart students and they did good all their years in high school and say they were nervous or something and they possibly did bad and didn't pass the skills test ,so they didn't graduate High School . It means that all there four years in high school didn't mean any thing and they just went based of on the test on whether they graduated or not.

• No, students should not have to pass a basic skills test to graduate high school.

Students already have to do four years of high school, and during each of those four years they have to maintain decent grades so they can advance to the next grade. I think that since they already have to maintain a certain grade level, students should not have to pass a separate test in order to graduate. They already have to maintain decent grades, and many schools also have end of year testing anyways.

• Students should not have to pass a test to graduate....

• Counter intuitive reasoning

ACT or SAT 2.0, isn't necessary; what is needed is a basic course/exam in how-to-do essential tasks in life such as sowing a button, changing a tire, or balancing a check book. School in this country already prepares you in the most obsolete ways it can; now vocational schools are at an all time minimum with home education being non existent.

• Djejjs d d end. D d. D did

Corbin s d. F e f. G dm i d d c d d. D r f f. S. Es. D d g h be. S s d. D d f f go. G. F. D f g g d. Do f. D did d d f f. C c f f. F f f f

eijbergenv says2014-01-30T21:28:34.607
Maybe students should learn how to spell 'students' first instead of 'studants'...