• Because I can

I am so amazing you cant even believe it this is the best argument ever this should be on the news and you know why because I am amazing. Drugs are a bad so don't do them and kids should be drug tested because I said so. I didn't chose thug life thug life chose me

• Because I can

• Just because yes.

Just because some people are stupid and do drugs and I think druggies deserve to get punished for there actions. The law should attack the druggies and bring them to there legs. The druggies should weap at he law. So that why I agree with students being drug tested for sports.

• Just because yes.

• Yes they should

They are not using only alcohol and marijuana although these would be concerning enough. They are now using illegal and legal sports enhancement drugs that can have a negative effect on the body and some could even lead to death if used in excessive amounts. They can also give the student a huge advantage over other athletes that rely on skills and talents to make the team and not drugs. In order to prevent this epidemic from getting worse then it already is we should begin drug testing our student athletes for sports enhancement drugs before letting them play.

• For drug testing

YES! Drug testing should be allowed in schools. It encourages kids not to do drugs. It also stops drug use in schools that was happening before the drug testing started! Overall it would be a great idea to do that at high schools, colleges or even middle schools. Yes for drug testing.

• For drug testing

• They should and need to be

I would love to see students get random Drug testing , it will limit the drugs in the schools but to this I as well feel that the staff of the school needs to be added into this list as well . They are no better then the kids , they are there to help with teaching the kids and if they show that they are just as them maybe something can change,,

• Yes for drug testing.

What happens when a child gets so dependent on drugs and goes to play NFL or NBA ball?? If suspected or caught using drugs then, it (for one is illegal), will hinder their career of playing professional ball. They may never get the chance to play again. Then, with no career, this is no income. How will he or she support their family then? The way of the real world and survival will be harder because they aren't use to it and had become dependent on the fast $. This sets them up for failure in the long run because they are then trying to find a way to survive. On the other hand, once the lavish lifestyle is gone, could make them become more addicted and dependent and end up homeless or even dead.

• Do I really need to say? Come on.

Instead of why? Ask, why not. Why wouldn't you want to teach them that its REALLY bad for them? More than 20,000 teens each year die from drug overdose. What if YOUR kid was in that 20,000? Would you be concerned then? Shouldn't you care about the kids that could die? Is it because it doesn't concern you, or is it because you just don't want to make the effort to help? Tell me that.

• No. Until it disturbs another student/is caught in school, it's their business.

Rules prohibiting drugs IN school/open drug intoxication (students that are clearly high, and are disturbing the class as a result) are one thing, but testing students is taking away their personal freedoms. If they are able to get high at home and conceal it at school, there should be no reason for suspicion. If they are disturbing class, the school should THEN take appropriate measures...But until then, drug testing is unnecessary, in my opinion.

• It shouldn't be compulsary

Although I know there is a school in Queensland, Australia that has introduced compulsary drug testing of its students and apparently it is being driven by the students (it's an all boys school). So it's not absurd, but it shouldn't be forced upon schools to test their students.

• Thats just stupid

What would happen if someone tested positive? They get banned from schools forever? Come on there are certain places drug use should really be an issue (sports) but qualifying to LEARN shouldnt be one of them On another note it would be expensive as hell to test every student in America about once a week to see if they are clean, and since there is no clear benefit for this I fail to see why any rational person would support this.

• Going a bit too far.

If your kids are using drugs its your responsibility as a parent to prevent and teach your child good values. The education system nor or tax money should be responsible for that. Now doing this to kids, treating them as if they are bad..they are going to start acting bad..now if one student is suspected of carrying something in school and they have to test him thats another story.

• No, I don't see a reason for it.

I think that making students undergo periodic drug testing is a burden for everyone, and it's not worth it. How would this help society? How would it help the students? Financially, it would cost a lot to get this done. And, let's face it, most students who really have a drug problem, end up being students no more. I do think that if there is a serious suspicion that a child is on drugs, they should be tested. But, I don't think that we should send a message to all students that they can't be trusted not to get high.

Posted by: gnorknik
  • There is no reason for students to undergo drug testing because they are not responsible for the lives of others, like pilots and drivers.

Drug testing should only be performed when needed. Americans, including students, have a right to privacy and should not be policed for their recreational activities. Unlike airline pilots, drivers or other personnel that are responsible for the well-being of others, students do not pose a risk to other individuals and therefore should not be subjected to drug testing.

Posted by: P3nrIin
  • I oppose drug testing students, because that will only distract students from their studies.

Drug testing students would prevent them from focusing solely on their academics. They would waste time considering when drug testing would occur. They would also have to dedicate the time and energy to this testing that would otherwise be put into their studies. Lastly, drug testing does not help students achieve their ultimate goal of learning and acquiring new skills.

Posted by: PrettyVince50
  • Its crazy ugh

Honestly its just so weird to me why do these parents and adults have to be in the students and children bubble and privacy space. This is so weird to me i have been wondering this since i was about eight years old. Now all of the days we have to be in everyone bubble space and privacy space

• Its crazy ugh

• Its crazy ugh