• They should learn more than one language.

The reason I say yes is because if they do take time to learn the language(s) maybe they will take the time to really learn. But I also think that it should be a choice not to be laid down om thwm when they probably already have enough to do.

• We are global

As long as Americans want to do business with other English speaking countries and other countries come to the US to do business, we will be fine. If other countries in Europe, Asia, South America, and Africa chose not to do business with the US, how would we be able to convince them. It seems rather narcissistic to expect them to come to us.

• We are global

• It will help the student in the long run..

In my opinion, it should be mandatory for students to learn a second language. Sure some people think it's a waste of time or that it's boring and complex, but it may come in handy in the future. Yes maybe the student will stay in the same country but what if they decide to go on a vacation or look for jobs? Learning a new language will allow a person to communicate and also to understand diversity. This is getting too long, but learning a foreign language does have its pros and cons. Although I still believe it should be a required subject in schools.

• It will be great for students!

Learning a new language will help you get more money. You will also feel more connected to the different cultures. Learning a new language is fun! At least for me...But everybody is different. The best language to start at is Spanish that's where all the basic Latin roots are from. Learning a new language is fun as long as you are in for it.

• It will be great for students!

• Its a better way of Life

If you are in middle school than learning a new language prepares you for high schools that require taking a language. It also helps you talk to other people at jobs and other opportunities. Having to speak another language helps in many other ways. I think that you really should have another language.

• The number of languages you know is the number of people you are.

When you visit another country and you don't know the language of this country you like a deaf and you need to spend more money by taking a a translator. I think it's more difficult for me.I hope all students love to learn another language and try to learn as they can.

• Kids improve speaking fluency

With little kids learning new languages it give thing to think about but took improve vocabulary as it is. Kids learn the value of big and strong words while trying to define the foreign word.
    The knew words give kids speech fluency and knowledge. Kids ,in addition to speech ,will help decipher words easier and faster.

• Kids improve speaking fluency

• Its up to the person.

If the student wants to learn another language then they can learn another language. It is up to them if they decide but some people don't even speak their own language or even spell some words at that. So why should you be forced to learn another language if you don't even know half of your language? So their goes your reason why, I mean its stupid

• It should be optional.

Kids don't pay attention while learning a second language and they always say they don't understand. One time, my Spanish teacher asked, "Is anyone Savera's friend?" and no one raised their hand except Savera because we all thought she said, "Who is Savera?" This is why language in school should be optional.

• Not required in my opinion

Any foreign language in my opinion isn't required unless you plan on exploring the world or have plans to work at a call area or being a teacher for students who WANT to learn a new language. Not many people want to speak another language I for one don't but yet is forced on students who don't want to learn another language and they don't get a say in it and thus makes it harder for any student who doesn't want to learn a new language as they have to sit am examination on it and focus on something they don't find important or interesting for there present or future life this applies pressure on them and distracts there attention away from other subjects such as maths science and English witch then in turn affects there grade as there attention is focused on foreign languages.

• It Should Not Be Required

Although learning a foreign language is a huge plus for any individual, it should not be a requirement. Furthermore, not everyone has the desire to learn a foreign language, therefore they should not be forced to do so. Those who do wish to learn another language will benefit from it, but it should be optional.

• It's a complete waste of time.

People barely know how to speak English, why should they be forced to learn another language? How would you feel if schools made everybody learn about biochemical engineering and said the reason is to expand our thought processes? I don't plan on leaving the United States at all, nor do I plan on doing anything that involves me speaking another language. However if you plan on doing something that helps you if you are bilingual than by all means yes, if not don't do it.

• Why learn a language when you can learn something that will further your career?

Students spend about 3 years in high school alone being forced to learn a foreign language. Granted some careers benefit from learning spanish but it shouldn't be a requirement. What if a student has a choice between a class they really want to take or that interests them and a required language class... Plus forcing them to take a class that may not even help them makes them hate going to school just that much more....

• No we should not

Some people think it might be to hard and thinks it is fustrated and would make it being to much pressure on them and might drive them away. Plus been though it might be cool but it is our desision . That is the reason we should not have to learn a different language

• It's not fair.

Why should someone be told you have to learn something that you had no interest in or you couldn't go to a four year college. I have no interest in learning a foreign language especially when I'm not going to end up speaking it fluently. That really irritates me how schools force us to.

• It is a waste of a class

Why are high schools today forcing kids to take foreign languages in the U.S. to graduate. Most kids are already struggling with English courses so does making kids learn another language really necessary? Most students just memorize words and don't learn anything. I'm just saying that it shouldn't be mandatory.

• People have Free choice

Studnets should be able to choose if they what to learn anther language or not. Some already know another and might not want to learn another. Also every person is different and some might not be able to learn another language. In my option if is up to the person. M

Anonymous says2013-02-27T17:11:49.397
I think that high schoolers should at least take two years of foreign language; besides colleges are looking for people who know more than one language; i think it helps your brain grow!
Anonymous says2013-04-05T18:45:34.753
Kids need to have a good future and more people these days in 2013 are accepting people with double languages be some just know English or they only know Spanish I am not age nested them but in my opinion should learn and I know I want people to have jobs like me I Mexican and white and I got a perfect colleague for me and I will one day teach my kids the languages I know and I am starting to learn French and that will help me in my future .Thats my opinion Amy S.G
Anonymous says2013-05-22T01:04:23.247
Learning a second language earlier in your school life could help you in the future, it also broadens your personal outlook on the specific culture or language. It also has been proven that 'bilingual' people's (people who speak another language other than enlgish) brain capacity is higher than that of a single language learner. Because I personally study Japanese currently.