• They should learn more than one language.

The reason I say yes is because if they do take time to learn the language(s) maybe they will take the time to really learn. But I also think that it should be a choice not to be laid down om thwm when they probably already have enough to do.

• Kids improve speaking fluency

With little kids learning new languages it give thing to think about but took improve vocabulary as it is. Kids learn the value of big and strong words while trying to define the foreign word.
    The knew words give kids speech fluency and knowledge. Kids ,in addition to speech ,will help decipher words easier and faster.

• We are global

As long as Americans want to do business with other English speaking countries and other countries come to the US to do business, we will be fine. If other countries in Europe, Asia, South America, and Africa chose not to do business with the US, how would we be able to convince them. It seems rather narcissistic to expect them to come to us.

• It will help the student in the long run..

In my opinion, it should be mandatory for students to learn a second language. Sure some people think it's a waste of time or that it's boring and complex, but it may come in handy in the future. Yes maybe the student will stay in the same country but what if they decide to go on a vacation or look for jobs? Learning a new language will allow a person to communicate and also to understand diversity. This is getting too long, but learning a foreign language does have its pros and cons. Although I still believe it should be a required subject in schools.

• It will be great for students!

Learning a new language will help you get more money. You will also feel more connected to the different cultures. Learning a new language is fun! At least for me...But everybody is different. The best language to start at is Spanish that's where all the basic Latin roots are from. Learning a new language is fun as long as you are in for it.

• Very Much Yes.

Children should be able to speak different languages for learning advantages and future jobs that relate to foreign languages, they will be happier too going to a different country and being able to communicate to unknown people, which is also a big problem in other countries that people can't communicate to foreigners too. Thank you, Nikki C.

• Yes yes yes

Students should learn a foreign languages,because it help them in many different ways in life )) they make better their life,they will have more friends in future than now . Also they have means to travel in different countries . So its my opinion to learn different languages . Bye

• We should require students to take foreign language classes.

Think of the large variety of jobs that it will allow students to take in the future. Maybe you go on a vacation and can speak their language fluently and can communicate. Or you could just be that American that can only speak English. You decide to live in a different country and can speak English and that language.

• Learning a foreign language opens your mind

Not only you learn grammar rules, you learn about other cultures, you enjoy travelling more, you become more open minded and you are more likely to understand about the world, history, current affairs. Learning languages brings you together to other people. Learning a foreign language will make you smarter as it is a great asset to the cognitive process

• To be competent

Students should learn foreign language other than English because to stay competent. Many companies today looking for graduates who be able to speak more than 2 languages. Learning other language makes student highly competent as they have the urge to get down and loosen their tongue. Today, English is not just the only language that starts to take over the world, but others as well. Spanish, Chinese, and Japanese are the example that also starts to win the hearts of others

• Not required in my opinion

Any foreign language in my opinion isn't required unless you plan on exploring the world or have plans to work at a call area or being a teacher for students who WANT to learn a new language. Not many people want to speak another language I for one don't but yet is forced on students who don't want to learn another language and they don't get a say in it and thus makes it harder for any student who doesn't want to learn a new language as they have to sit am examination on it and focus on something they don't find important or interesting for there present or future life this applies pressure on them and distracts there attention away from other subjects such as maths science and English witch then in turn affects there grade as there attention is focused on foreign languages.

• It's a complete waste of time.

People barely know how to speak English, why should they be forced to learn another language? How would you feel if schools made everybody learn about biochemical engineering and said the reason is to expand our thought processes? I don't plan on leaving the United States at all, nor do I plan on doing anything that involves me speaking another language. However if you plan on doing something that helps you if you are bilingual than by all means yes, if not don't do it.

• It should be optional.

Kids don't pay attention while learning a second language and they always say they don't understand. One time, my Spanish teacher asked, "Is anyone Savera's friend?" and no one raised their hand except Savera because we all thought she said, "Who is Savera?" This is why language in school should be optional.

• It Should Not Be Required

Although learning a foreign language is a huge plus for any individual, it should not be a requirement. Furthermore, not everyone has the desire to learn a foreign language, therefore they should not be forced to do so. Those who do wish to learn another language will benefit from it, but it should be optional.

• I don't think that students should have to learn a new language

I don't think they should because most kids don't EVER use it again. Also it causes to much stress for the student. Learning a new language is very overwhelming and can be even harder with a bunch of school work on top of it. I think that it should just be an option for the students.

• No they shouldnt

If you think students should not be forced to take foreign language classes to graduate if your against or with this idea, then this papers for you to day well be discussing pros and cons of. Should students be forced to take foreign language classes to graduate.
    Students should not be forced to take foreign language classes to graduate or be forced in general cause for most jobs don’t require foreign language but could cause a raise in money if you can speak different languages so I still believe it should be optional cause I get it if you haft to take a foreign language for a job you want like cop or military or translator or doctor but there’s plenty other jobs that don’t require like I’m pretty sure flipping burgers at McDonald’s or to be a car mechanic and many other jobs so that’s why they should not force kid it should be optional and let the kids decide

• F f f

G g g g g g g gg g g g g g g g g g gg g g g g g g g g g g gg g g g g g gg gg gg g g g g gg g g g g g g g g g

• Jkdf fjdkjf kdjfkj

F f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f ff f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f

• I dont see why to learn a second language if you don't speak it where you live.

I learn Spanish and live in America and see little point in learning it since I live here where we don't speak it. Also I of learning it if don't plan on moving to Mexico so honestly what is the point since I most likely wont use it in my future.

• The Reason why i say no

Is because some people don't even want to learn another language and teachers are forcing students to learn different languages and america is supposed to be a free country but yet people are boring people to do things they don't wanna. Its just like if we were forcing teachers to give us good grades of do our work for us, they don't wanna do that and they don't have to. So people for learning another language, we don't wanna do it so we should not have to learn another language.

Anonymous says2013-02-27T17:11:49.397
I think that high schoolers should at least take two years of foreign language; besides colleges are looking for people who know more than one language; i think it helps your brain grow!
Anonymous says2013-04-05T18:45:34.753
Kids need to have a good future and more people these days in 2013 are accepting people with double languages be some just know English or they only know Spanish I am not age nested them but in my opinion should learn and I know I want people to have jobs like me I Mexican and white and I got a perfect colleague for me and I will one day teach my kids the languages I know and I am starting to learn French and that will help me in my future .Thats my opinion Amy S.G
Anonymous says2013-05-22T01:04:23.247
Learning a second language earlier in your school life could help you in the future, it also broadens your personal outlook on the specific culture or language. It also has been proven that 'bilingual' people's (people who speak another language other than enlgish) brain capacity is higher than that of a single language learner. Because I personally study Japanese currently.
IcedViolets says2014-04-23T21:53:29.780
We should be teaching our children a foreign language from birth. Language is formed at an early age, therefore, making it easiest to learn as early as possible. Why not encourage diversity and learning? This is only going to help our children with their career development as well as acceptance of others. A close-minded society gets us nowhere. Why not encourage growth?!