Should students learn about homosexuality in school?

• An Important Topic

Children should be taught about all sorts of people and their struggles. Kids are taught about the struggles of woman, people of color, and disabled individuals, and how their differences should be celebrated. Why should it be different with gay people? If children don't learn about homosexuality, they may be confused about others or about themselves. LGBTQ+ youth may feel alone and without help if they don't understand who they are and they deserve and will get respect and support.

• It would've helped me

Don't get me wrong I knew about homosexuality anyway. But it was always a very taboo topic and it would have helped me a lot if school had actually told me about it and so I would of at least had an idea of what I was experiencing and it wouldn't have been so scary. So all I am saying is that you're taught about Straightness in schools so why not homosexuality as well, it can only be beneficial to teach it.

• Yes, homosexuality should be taught to students.

Yes, homosexuality should be taught to students. Many young people who don't know what it means to be homosexual may find themselves conflicted if they were to feel attracted to the same gender. They would spend their time thinking that they are a freak and unnatural when really, they're not. Also, with having anything LBGTQ+ in the curriculum, students would be taught to accept people the way they are and to not discriminate someone for something they can't control,

• Yes, it needs to be taught; because who else will teach them?

If they arent taught in school, kids are bound to figure it out one way or another. Whether it be on the Internet, or from another child, either way, they're probably going to end up being misinformed about things such as diseases. Do you think it's okay if a student grows up thinking homosexual sex can't give you STIs, for instance?

Posted by: 3den
  • Children need to know that everyone is equal and deserve to be treated respectfully.

How will kids know about homosexuality and how to respect these individuals without being taught it in school. Many parents completely avoid talking about homosexuality and kids need to know its okay to be gay. Education is the key to freedom and many kids say things that can seriously affect others such as "that's so gay". If we don't teach kids about gay rights and how to respect others they wont know how to and will follow everyone else in hating and possibly bullying fellow students for their homosexuality.

• Give Children The Choice!

Every individual has the right to chose what sexuality they want to be and what sexual act they want to partake in when they come of age. Schools should be enlightening children in the options they have, and not just imposing that heterosexual is the only path available. The fact of the matter is, whether you agree or not, homosexuality is very much a thing, and your child will encounter it at many points in their life. You'd rather them be clued up than being completely naive to the subject in question, and having to suffer embarrassment, not understanding, would you not?

• Give Children The Choice!

• Homosexuality In School

We preach safe sex in schools, but to what end? If parents and teachers truly believe safety is important, then teaching about homosexuality and safe same sex intercourse is critical. Because the less that is known, the more problems arise.
    Also, homosexuality is increasing, therefore it would be inadequate to pretend that homosexuals, and bisexuals are nonexistent.

• You're only hurting the kids by not telling them

By not telling them all you're doing is hurting them. I'm gay and I wish there was something about it in schools when I was growing up. I had soo much hate towards myself thinking it was wrong and immoral, I grew up thinking I was the only 1 and that there was something wrong with me because going to church and Sunday school I was told that these feelings where not right and from about the age of 7 or 8 I suffered from depression till my very early 20's. Kids are extremely understanding and they should know about homosexuality. I dread a child to go through the experiences I went through cause it gives them an extremely unhappy childhood, there's also many LGBT teen suicides and 1 reason for that is there's not enough information given to them as you children.

• Yes, because same sex marriage and romance is taught.

I took health class in the 8th grade and they taught us that a romance was when a man and a woman had strong feelings of love towards another. This is not the only form of romance at all. I was frustrated that they did not mention homosexuality or any other sexuality out there. Anyone who had a sexual orientation other than heterosexual could have been uncomfortable, hurt, and insecure. The schools usually say they encourage being unique and feeling safe and secure, but how are they supposed to feel that when they are being told that their type of romance does not exist?

• I definitely don't think so.

In many religions homosexuality is considered a sin, including my own. Little kids shouldn't be taught about that by anyone but your parents. Its too controversial a topic, i highly doubt some gay kid is gonna be emotionally wounded simply because their school is telling other kids about straight marriage.

• My rights as a Parent

My rights as a taxpayer and parent are that I should be able to see the curriculum and approve it before it's dumped on my kids. You're views are not as important as my kids are to me. Your views do not come before my kids. I'll be damned if my kid goes to a high school that encourages him to explore adopting this lifestyle. In fact, I would be willing to fight a civil war over it. If you don't like that, tough crap. The real world is tough, full of selfish, liars and depraved people and I want my child to know what to look out for and stay away from. And I don't want to an increasingly confused society because some idiots think they have the right to confuse my child about their sexuality because of their special agenda.

• No they shouldn't

Children shouldn't be brainwashed into believing homosexuality is OK especially when its not, and since when is its the school's job to teach students how they feel about another gender. Children should find out on their own if they want to be gay or not. I hope this teaching never comes to Texas.

• No, it's really not necessary to teach about it.

Even back when I was in school, students knew what homosexuality was because we had a classmate who was homosexual. Kids are also exposed to homosexual characters on television and in movies, so there's little reason to teach about it officially in a classroom setting. It would also be controversial and cause some parents to be upset. I don't really see a need for it.

• No

Students don't need to learn about homosexuality at school. They should be learning about it at home. It is the parents' job to teach children about relationships and to introduce them to controversial issues. The parents should be having open and honest conversations with their children instead of leaving the task up to the schools.

• No, it is not the school's place.

No, students should not learn about homosexuality in school, because it is not the place of the school to teach political topics. Schools should not spend a great deal of time on evolution, either. These topics should be left to parents. There are lots of other things that schools have to teach about.

• Its not right

They shouldn't be tricked into thinking its OK to be gay. If for whatever reason later in life and they want to be gay that's fine but until that day they should be allowed to think for themselves and no go with a popular opinion of changing times. I hope this teaching never co.Yes to Texas

• Children are guided through life

And at a young age they are unsure of what is right and accepted when it comes to sex. There should be some form of help and guidance on request, other than this it should be left to the parents to guide their own children in the safety of their own home away from the peer pressure of school yard mentality.

• NO because it is immoral

It just goes to prove that the lgbti are so desperate for human flesh that they are grooming inosent school kids to be there future prey. They even have you the tax payer funding there sick and sinful plan, but that to is part of there sick ways. Say NO to protect all children.

• We need to be more subtle in our thinking

Homosexuality should be a course offered to homosexual students who will be engaging in sexuality specific acts at some point in their lives. Heterosexuals, which make up 98% of the United States should not be forced to learn about the sexual acts that are otherwise distasteful to a heterosexual individual. This same logic applies for homosexual students who will most likely find heterosexual acts distasteful. If a student is bisexual he should be allowed to take both courses.

Secondly, we need to be realistic about sexuality. I'm a homosexual man. I engage in anal sex knowing that it is dangerous for several reasons: increased likelihood of an STD, permanent damage to the anal tissue (hemorrhoids), uncleanly sex, and the transmission of several other kinds of diseases related to feces. Anal sex is painful even for experiences individuals. Anal tissue is not built for sex. It may be harmful to encourage anal sex in homosexual students as well. It would be plain stupid to encourage heterosexual students to engage in anal sex.