Should students learn about homosexuality in school?

• An Important Topic

Children should be taught about all sorts of people and their struggles. Kids are taught about the struggles of woman, people of color, and disabled individuals, and how their differences should be celebrated. Why should it be different with gay people? If children don't learn about homosexuality, they may be confused about others or about themselves. LGBTQ+ youth may feel alone and without help if they don't understand who they are and they deserve and will get respect and support.

• It would've helped me

Don't get me wrong I knew about homosexuality anyway. But it was always a very taboo topic and it would have helped me a lot if school had actually told me about it and so I would of at least had an idea of what I was experiencing and it wouldn't have been so scary. So all I am saying is that you're taught about Straightness in schools so why not homosexuality as well, it can only be beneficial to teach it.

• Give Children The Choice!

Every individual has the right to chose what sexuality they want to be and what sexual act they want to partake in when they come of age. Schools should be enlightening children in the options they have, and not just imposing that heterosexual is the only path available. The fact of the matter is, whether you agree or not, homosexuality is very much a thing, and your child will encounter it at many points in their life. You'd rather them be clued up than being completely naive to the subject in question, and having to suffer embarrassment, not understanding, would you not?

• Homosexuality In School

We preach safe sex in schools, but to what end? If parents and teachers truly believe safety is important, then teaching about homosexuality and safe same sex intercourse is critical. Because the less that is known, the more problems arise.
    Also, homosexuality is increasing, therefore it would be inadequate to pretend that homosexuals, and bisexuals are nonexistent.

• Some at least

I think that teaching kids about homosexuality in school is important. It can also help lead to better acceptance. I think that teaching about homosexuality would be a good part of sex education and should be taught to everyone in schools. If people knew more about it, they would be less ignorant and more accepting, hopefully.

• Kids should know what happens in the real world.

Let me start off with a rhetorical question: should students learn about racial diversity in school? Every argument against learning about gay people can also be applied to black people - should Klansmen be allowed to change a school's curriculum because the kids are learning to not treat Juan and Yiqun differently because of their race? Actively opposing teaching children that gay people exist and that gay people can form relationships is tantamount to saying that gay people do not exist, which is - pardon my French - absolute bull. And as to the argument of "well we should leave it to the parents!", then I say what if the parents derelict their duty and refuse to tell children about homosexuality, as I'm sure many will (a significant portion of the opposition to teaching kids about homosexuality obviously stems from simple homophobia, and homophobes will only teach their kids homophobia if they teach them at all)? Should we simply let these parents deny their children knowledge about the simple facts of life that, like it or not, are true? No. Homosexuality exists, and kids should know about it just like they should - and do - know about race.

• Schools Shouldn't Shy Away From Real Topics

It's obvious there are gay people out in the world. We are not going to escape that fact any time soon. Children should be taught about real world issues. They should be taught about homosexuality in relevant classes like sex ed lessons and history classes if it can be tied to civil rights events.

• Yes because where else are they going to learn it?

It is a part of day to day life now. And your child is going to learn about it. So do you want him to learn about it in a safe place, or do you want him to learn about it when peer pressure, or any number of other things are at work. While I think that they should learn it at school, I think it is something that a parent should teach there child about first, just like sex drugs, peer pressure etc..

• Yes, They Should

Students should learn about homosexuality in school. It is a perfectly natural topic to talk about when discussing sex ed or relationships. It could also come up in history class when talking about the civil rights movement for homosexuals in the United States. There doesn't need to be a whole class on it, but it shouldn't be avoided as a subject.

• Students should learn about homosexuality in school.

Students should learn about homosexuality in school. They should learn everything they can about the real world as possible so that one day they can face what the real world is like. Yes, gay people do exist and they are not going to go away just because you are straight.

• We need to be more subtle in our thinking

Homosexuality should be a course offered to homosexual students who will be engaging in sexuality specific acts at some point in their lives. Heterosexuals, which make up 98% of the United States should not be forced to learn about the sexual acts that are otherwise distasteful to a heterosexual individual. This same logic applies for homosexual students who will most likely find heterosexual acts distasteful. If a student is bisexual he should be allowed to take both courses.

Secondly, we need to be realistic about sexuality. I'm a homosexual man. I engage in anal sex knowing that it is dangerous for several reasons: increased likelihood of an STD, permanent damage to the anal tissue (hemorrhoids), uncleanly sex, and the transmission of several other kinds of diseases related to feces. Anal sex is painful even for experiences individuals. Anal tissue is not built for sex. It may be harmful to encourage anal sex in homosexual students as well. It would be plain stupid to encourage heterosexual students to engage in anal sex.

• I definitely don't think so.

In many religions homosexuality is considered a sin, including my own. Little kids shouldn't be taught about that by anyone but your parents. Its too controversial a topic, i highly doubt some gay kid is gonna be emotionally wounded simply because their school is telling other kids about straight marriage.

• My rights as a Parent

My rights as a taxpayer and parent are that I should be able to see the curriculum and approve it before it's dumped on my kids. You're views are not as important as my kids are to me. Your views do not come before my kids. I'll be damned if my kid goes to a high school that encourages him to explore adopting this lifestyle. In fact, I would be willing to fight a civil war over it. If you don't like that, tough crap. The real world is tough, full of selfish, liars and depraved people and I want my child to know what to look out for and stay away from. And I don't want to an increasingly confused society because some idiots think they have the right to confuse my child about their sexuality because of their special agenda.

• No they shouldn't

Children shouldn't be brainwashed into believing homosexuality is OK especially when its not, and since when is its the school's job to teach students how they feel about another gender. Children should find out on their own if they want to be gay or not. I hope this teaching never comes to Texas.

• No, it's really not necessary to teach about it.

Even back when I was in school, students knew what homosexuality was because we had a classmate who was homosexual. Kids are also exposed to homosexual characters on television and in movies, so there's little reason to teach about it officially in a classroom setting. It would also be controversial and cause some parents to be upset. I don't really see a need for it.

• No

Students don't need to learn about homosexuality at school. They should be learning about it at home. It is the parents' job to teach children about relationships and to introduce them to controversial issues. The parents should be having open and honest conversations with their children instead of leaving the task up to the schools.

• No, it is not the school's place.

No, students should not learn about homosexuality in school, because it is not the place of the school to teach political topics. Schools should not spend a great deal of time on evolution, either. These topics should be left to parents. There are lots of other things that schools have to teach about.

• Its not right

They shouldn't be tricked into thinking its OK to be gay. If for whatever reason later in life and they want to be gay that's fine but until that day they should be allowed to think for themselves and no go with a popular opinion of changing times. I hope this teaching never co.Yes to Texas

• Children are guided through life

And at a young age they are unsure of what is right and accepted when it comes to sex. There should be some form of help and guidance on request, other than this it should be left to the parents to guide their own children in the safety of their own home away from the peer pressure of school yard mentality.

• NO because it is immoral

It just goes to prove that the lgbti are so desperate for human flesh that they are grooming inosent school kids to be there future prey. They even have you the tax payer funding there sick and sinful plan, but that to is part of there sick ways. Say NO to protect all children.

Casuarius says2017-10-28T15:08:14.957
Homosexuality is a mental sickness plain and simple. You can argue its not till you drop dead, but how far would humanity have gotten on homosexuality over the ages? Its not just becoming more prevalent, its becoming more normal in media than being straight is. Many of you argue its a narrow minded religious view, but it not only defies the bibles moral teachings, it defies the principal of evolution. Males were made for females. There are absolutely no animals that pair up and stay with the same sex. Animals do not have the intellectual capacity to know better regardless, yet they still pair male with female. They may hump each other for dominance purposes, not because they're gay. Humans that try to justify animals are gay also are ignorant. Some people were born gay simply because they lack a hormone or have some chemical imbalance in their brain. Others choose to be gay later in life out of lustful desires and impulses. The media these days program that into your heads. They make it seem new and cool and everyone should do it. Ultimately, sex should be kept private, and in the bedroom. If it was, there wouldnt be so much opposition regarding sex to begin with. If you want to pack someone elses fudge or lick someone elses taco thats fine, but I dont want to know or hear about it, and I dont want my children hearing about it. So what it boils down to is this. Reproduction should be taught in schools because we were meant to reproduce to ensure the survival of our species, its natural. Two penises wasnt created or evolved and two vaginas wasnt created or evolved, it was a male and a female. Otherwise we would have never existed or be extinct by now. So how is homosexuality natural? Whats next? Are you going to accept pedophilia? Beastiality? Murderous impulses as normal? All because thats what the person feels, so it must be natural right?