• More time in school equal better ACHIEVEMENT

Massachusetts has 8 HOUR school days and guess what they did...THEY CLOSED THE ACHIEVEMENT GAP.They went up 44 percent in math,19 percent in science,and 39 percent in E.L.A(English language arts).It helps with better grades,homework,and students don't drop out as much.Plus think about,it if you get your work done fast enough...Think of All the free time you could have in an 8 HOUR school day!Also longer school days could mean...Shorter school YEARS!So that would mean longer SUMMERS...Now thing about it longer summer means more video games(if you like video games),relaxation,and fun time that's a rely good deal to me.Ya I know 8 hour school days could be a pain in the butt some times but if you think about it it helps with grades,homework,and so much more good things like a longer summer,any how if you put your mind to it it will feel like a regular school day(accept a bit longer).Plus if you have spare time and you are bored,and have a boat lode of homework...Just do it.Well this is why there should be longer school days, and if I had an 8 hour school day and I have time fore free time or finishing a boat load of homework I would take that chance so I could go home and hang out with my friends.

• Yes it does not

Jfkdod djdoem duke em. D d s s. S s s s s d d. D d w. S d d d. D d f f. D. G b b h g g. Ff f f f. F f d d. E e s d. C f f f f. F g f f f. F f r. R r r. R g g r kid did. For kr r dork r r Kumar. Fm form f fi

• It's a good idea

It's a good idea because you can make new friends and even though you have things on like dance but you can get a better carrier and get better jobs. You get smarter and more clever. Even celebrities are smart like Natalie Portman, Emma Watson and much more. You can also raise smarter kids.

• Yes it does

......................... . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . .. .

• Yes it does

• Yes it does

.. . . . .. . . .. . . . .. . . .. . . .. . .. . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . . .. . . .. . . . .. . . . . . .. . .

• Yes it does

• Yes it does

• Yes it does

• Yes is does

.. . . . . . . . .. . . .. . .. . . . . .. . . . . . .. . . . . .. . . .. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . .

• The evidence clearly shows that

In summer the students can get dehydrated and its not good for their health. They don't have a water bottle , sun cream or a hat. Many children can get sick or even die.My second reason is winter. In winter its very cold the children can get really sick and die. Some countries are really cold like Canada and Norway the students cant take the cold. They can get frozen fingers or frostbites.

• We Spend Too Much Time In School

I am a dancer.I dance 7 days a week and go to school every day. My teachers expect me to have time to come in after and before school to do things and its amndatory. I also have homework every noght. I am overworked, overtired and I'm not even 13. I've been sick all week because I have no downtime because school limits the amount of dance I can focus on, leaving me to cram in dance hours around school. Most of the things I learn in school will never apply to my career choice and a lot of time is wasted on random thongs and transition time. Its ridiculous that I have to spend less time on my dance education which will limit how far my career goes.

• Nooooo noooooooo nooooooo

CHILDREN NEED REST, Uhm. Hah, NO. School is spent with hour long lessons, yet we don't need half an hour to form an understanding of what is to be taught. If we had less time in lessons and more time at home the students may use their time more wisely and study the subject/do worksheets/homework/coursework ontime

• I think NO!

School is pressure to kids and school is going into peoples homes with homework, projects. Reading, and more! This is also pressure. The average American spends 5 and a half hours a week doing homework. Teachers need to think hard about what they are saying when they give out a ten page essay.

• I don't think students should any more time in school than they already do.

Sure, more studying will get you better grades, but many students are already tired after school. And if school lasts longer, some students might even be too tired to do their homework, and they'll fail. A lot of students also have something important after school, like a doctor or dentist appointment, or after school activities, like dance class, baseball, etc.

• Definitely Wrong In Every Way

Every student I know are exhausted. It's not because they like to whine or are too lazy but it's because they are exhausted. Students should not be this stressed and tired, when they're only living like 1/4 of their lives. I mean look at Finland. They treat teachers like professionals (BECAUSE THEY ARE, OBVIOUSLY), students enjoy their free time (AN HOUR OF RECESS), and there are no mandatory testings! This is like the complete opposite of what America does. I just realized that I'm turning this into a "Why should American students spend more time in school?" but this is what I have compiled so far. Time and learning is not relevant. It's the determination and motivation (AND HAVING MORE TIME is NOT going to make it more plausible). I don't even have to time to eat breakfast because I wake up late from the amount of homework I have to go through the night before. I guess in terms, "sleep is not important anymore" and "breakfast is no longer the important meal of the day."

• Either the way it is, or less.

I thought lengthening the year and shortening the day wont be a bad idea, that way students would learn a lot without being stressed out or lengthening the day and shortening the year wont be a bad idea either, but extending the day and the year?! You got to be kidding..... No advantages and much more disadvantages, students will be enraged, even though that's not what's important, for all of you who say yes, you finished school you have a job, you have a life so you went to school 6 1/2 hours a day 5 days a week and 180 days a year, so let this generation have it, or make it less.

• Less time in school/ if you ask me

The education system with these long hours only exhaust the drive will and motivation to learn...Kids spending all that time around peers only ad to social and physiological demands. Make learning more practical bring education to reality in their lives it will help the overall economically and their retain more of the information....Not by simply adding more time to lectures and mundane assignments.

• No more adding school hours

Basically what I think about this is exhausting . To be honest the school time is already long . I go to school a 8 o'clock and end at three. Adding more hours to schooltime a make it exhausting. Parents need to spend time with their children and not being a prison with no heat or no AC which in the summer gets really hot there so. Finally in my opinion I think that adding more school hours to this is a really bad idea and I disagree with it thank you very much for listening

• A Good Knowledge Supporter

The many people that go to school don't have the time to get up and get ready and even have a knowledge supporting breakfast. In the articles and magazines authors and writers say that breakfast is the most important meal on the day because it gives you the nutrients you need.