• NO NO NO.

Students should be able to express themselves not only by character but by style or fashion and neither do they want to go to school looking dull and plain and if students don't feel good about themselves they will be sad for a week most likely. Students should not wear school uniform.

• Yes, it can help with the bullying problem.

It can help the bullying problem because kids get picked on for their clothes all the time, so if all the kids had on the same clothes that problem would be improved dramatically. Also, if kids wear regular clothes, they basically have no restriction in how they dress which leads to promiscuity. Promiscuity can distract other students from paying attention in school and maybe make them get lower grades. That's why uniforms should be worn at all times.

• Uniforms are a Positive Decision

Uniforms being mandatory in all grade schooling would be a positive change. When students are able to pick and choose what they wear to school, there is too much room for discrimination and judgement between peers. A student who cannot afford to wear fashionable clothes could be ridiculed. A student who dresses provocatively will draw negative attention to themselves. A student who is heavier then other students may stand more without a uniform. Individual styles of clothing and self expression really has no place in schooling. Attention should be on academics and sports, not on how a person dresses.

• All students should wear uniforms

In today's society all students should be required to wear uniforms. The current generation of kids in school are more worried about whether what they are wearing to school is cool or not. Instead they need to be focusing on their studies. By making uniforms mandatory fo a students, everyone will look the same. This will remove the notion for the younger generation, that it's all about appearance.

• THEY SHOULD WEAR UNIFORMS.

Students may feel inferior of what they wear just because they are poorer than the rest. Students might also dress inappropriately and therefore give the rest wrong idea. Students might also judge each other on what they wear. Students may get lost easily during learning journeys as teachers might leave them out thinking they are members of the public and therefore leave without them.

• Bullying and gangs

With having uniforms you do not have the discrimination of the different groups and how the dress effects the people and how they act. Without the uniforms kids can start gangs and can start groups with the same sort of dress they wear and while the uniform is restricting kids from bullying it is also stooping the gangs

• Yes students should

Because I don't like wearing uniform and I have regular clothes at home and my mom have to go out and buy uniform for no reason . I prefer to wear regular clothes any day and other students would love to wear regular clothes . And it's more fun wearing regular clothes

• Yes, there are more pros than cons.

As student of a private high school, I believe that uniforms should be required. However, my argument is two-sided. Uniforms should only be required if the principal wants them to be. They should be optional depending on the school. There are plenty of pros and cons to uniforms. I simply think that the pros are greater.

• Students should not wear uniforms.

Us students need to wear what we want. We can feel comfortable in our own clothes. Having to wear the same clothes as other people is bad. We should express how we are by what we like to wear and how we feel about certain things. You have to get up early and decide what to wear. Have your own fashion.

• No Way Uniforms!!

No one should care about what other people are wearing. It is a chance to express yourself and be creative! Students shouldn't be paying any attention to anyone else's choices of what they wear, their attention should be on learning and their teacher. Plus uniforms cost money. What if someone can't afford to buy them for whatever reason. This is why I think uniforms should NOT be worn in school!!

• No, everyone has the right to freedom of expression.

Kids shouldn't have to wear uniforms. All it does is make school a dull and lifeless place that no one wants to be in. Students should be able to express their feelings and emotions by wearing regular clothes. I'm a kid myself, and actually, I couldn't care less about them.

• Everyone should have the same right to individuality.

• thats bs

I should be able to express myself however I want to and I want to be an individual and be unique. really Im really suprised that everyone said yes so far and think its the dumbest thing any school has ever tried to do in fact I'm suprised it ever even happened.

• No no no.

I do not think students should wear school uniforms because kids express themselves by what they wear and the colors they do, because in other words it's freedom of speech. This is a free country. Also some parents may not be able to pay the amount needed for the uniforms.

• Uniforms are wrong.

You can't really be you when you wear uniforms. It takes your individuality away. We need freedom- it's America isn't it? We have to stick up for who we are, and how we do that is through our clothes. Whether we are happy, dark, or crazy, we show it, without even having to say it, through clothes.

• We Already Make Them Go to School

Schools function fine without uniforms, so imposing uniforms on students is unnecessary. Students are already required to go to school. We should be nicer to them for that reason, not use it as an excuse to impose rule after rule at whim.
    Uniforms will not help students to become less judgmental. They will get out into the real world and see people dressed in all kinds of ways they have never seen before and they will judge them for it and take haughty superior attitudes towards good people just for how they dress. Exposing kids to different types of clothes is better, and helps students learn to be less judgmental.

• Uniforms are a Positive Decision

• Students should not wear uniforms.

The wording of this opinion goes in favor of pro as its 'should" and should varies from every invididual student. Therefore, how can we know about every single person's life and reasons and whether their a person who wears 'inappropriate' shirts and other stuff on their shirt, as every person is different. And how do we know whether uniforms have 'positive' effects. (From anonymous on yes side.) Can you bring up fact's, cold hard evidence that uniforms will stop kids from picking on the nerd who has pimples on this face and wears glasses? Actually, having uniforms might make bullies even more creative in finding reasons to pick on certain individuals. And bullying-apparently bullying is caused by the color of your shirt! Gasp!! So because your wearing brown I'm going to bully you and make you depressed!! If you really believe that then please go back to school, as bullying may have changed since you were in school. Bullying is done because of what someone looks like, says, does, or just because their new. I am yet to see a bully picking on a kid for what their wearing. Sterotypes have NOTHING to do with shirts. The only people who really care about what other people are wearing are people who are going to become a goody-two shoes and end up in a ditch for being too nosey in the future. History shows that stereotypes were and are made because of gender, race, physical appearance, and mental capacity, as slavery was never caused because a lot of people wore lolcats on their shirts. No duh. And how does making friends have ANYTHING TO DO WITH SHIRTS?!? Personally, people make friends because they have something in common, and understand and respect one another. People who only make friends with people who wear the same kinds of shirts as them, are spoiled brat kids who never really have friends.

More reasons, but this is an opinion, so I wont post them all here. If you want to see my other reasons then challenge this topic to a debate, as I will happily accept your challenge.

• Uniforms shouldn't rule our lives

Teachers and adults think that children should wear uniforms to school. They say that it removes the distractions of fashion trends and fashion competition from school, reinforcing the education of the school. If kids are forced to wear uniforms, they will all look the same. If they don’t, they can have freedom to express themselves in any way that they want. So should kids be forced to wear uniforms or not? Uniforms are portrayed as a good things to the higher class families, but not all families can afford it. They are a financial burden for under-class families because they might not be able to afford the uniforms because, the price of the uniforms are higher than regular clothes. Teachers and adults say that wearing uniforms allows the kids to have good school spirit. If they think that they are putting a good example on kids, they are wrong. Wearing uniforms could prevent students from having to learn how to get along with people whose taste different from their own, which they may find unappealing. Uniforms can also attract bullies from neighboring schools.

• No, we should be able to show our inner self.

Many people always worry about bullying and gangs etc., but actually they shouldn't worry at all, that's called stereotyping the teenagers. These days just because you see some kids being bullied and being in gangs doesn't mean that you should put the punishment out for every one. I think having no uniform is a great idea, it shows your inner self and we should express it. If the school has a uniform, it would just be a dull and lowering place that no one wants to be a part of.

Anonymous says2013-04-20T12:05:15.277
If come from the Netherlands, a country where children do NOT wear schooluniforms, I am a student and need to write an essay about this subject. Wearing schooluniforms won't solve bullying!! If some children want to bully, they will find a way to do this!. And wearing uniforms will not let the children be themselfs. They want to be someone, and find out who they really are. I understand that wearing uniform in Africa will be a good idea because most parent can't afford chlothes so wearing uniforms will solve this problem. But we are living in a quite good economy (compared to their), well I am. So why??? Please explain me because I don't see the positive points of wearing schooluniforms. People we need to be ourselves, if we all would ook the same, the world would be so boring. Well thanks for reading my comment. Hope you can explain me why schooluniforms are a good idea.
Anonymous says2013-05-01T20:27:08.570
Students should not have to wear stupid uniforms