Should students who commit cyberbullying be suspended from school?

• Hi go outside

Hi. Im not here to argue like all of you little rats. Clearly cyberbullies have the ability to force kids to do things they shouldn't, as well as bullying irl. So its obvious, is it not? Stop arguing. No team, bruh, you lost. Give it up. Stop trying. Go watch TV.Actually, no. ALL OF YOU, UNLOCK YOUR DOORS, OPEN THE BLINDS AND GO OUTSIDE.
    ~ inspector gadget

• Cyberbullying is one of the major causes in teen suicides, and should be stopped.

I am almost toppled by the amount of people that deem cyber-bullying as nothing more than a threat. The fact is, that is completely untrue. The leading causes for suicides in teenagers would be peer bullying or family problems. The developing teenage mind is rather frail when compared to a matured adult, and can be easily manipulated by peers into thinking that they are a "waste of flesh" or other rather cruel things. Take Amanda Todd, for example. Sure, these words might not mean much to an adult, but to a child, these word could mean everything, especially if they came from an anonymous source online.

• Cyber bullying has to be stopped.

I steadfastly believe that students that commit cyber bullying should be suspended from school. Cyber bullying is wrong and no one should have to go through it. Although some people say that it has nothing to do with school, I still think they should be suspended. In a way, schools are responsible for some things that go on at home e.G homework and practice, so I think that schools have the right to be able to suspend their pupils from school when they commit cyber bullying.

• If they did it before, they they'll do it again

Cyber-bullying hurts everyone. It affects almost everyone as well. If a child takes a cookie from a cookie jar, if their mom says not to, but they are not punished, they will develop the thought that they will never by punished and keep taking more and more. It is the same with cyber-bullying. If the bullies are not suspended, then more people will be bullied, and they will go rampant around the school. If they are, they will realize that it is wrong and stop.

• Swag swag swag

Cyberbullying is one of the major causes in teen suicides, and should be stopped.

• They should be accountable in some way

Really what else can we do? We can't send a kid to jail for cyberbullying, not unless it is extremely threatening, so the only option that is left is suspending them from school. Even though it might not happen at school it's probable that the bully and the victim go to the same school, so yes, they should be suspended for harassing a student, isn't that what they are supposed to do? The only reason they are cyberbullying is because they can't bully at school, and not doing anything about it just gives them the okay to go ahead and continue bullying. By not suspending them we are encouraging cyberbullying, we are sending the message that it is not okay to bully someone while you are in school grounds butanywhere else is fine. So yes they should be given consequences for their actions, it is not fair to get away with things such as causing someone harm and tormenting, through any way.

• Any bullying hurts

In one of my classesm the teacher let us request music to listen to while we work. I requested a hard core song. Some kids started saying really awful things. I can't imagine what itwould be like to go home and have to deal with that, too. Suspend Them all.

• I needs to stop

Many people believe that they shouldn't be suspended; however, what happens when what is being said starts to affect the people who are getting bullied school work. Smart students failing, skipping school, or dying. A lot of times what is being said online does get brought to school. I know that my school likes to keep their reputation for having good kids, but many are getting bullied

• Cyber bullying is wrong.

I think they should be suspended from school no expelled from school because it is very cruel and could cause some very sad events such as suicide. People should not bully others it hurts their feelings and there is not really a good reason to bully any one.Bulling is a cruel and vile thing haven't these people ever heard of treat people the way you wish to be treated? Bullying is something that should be punished by them getting expelled even if they were not cyber bullying in school.

• It is wrong

Why would you let a kid cyber bully someone then let him get away with it without a severe punishment. Without a punishment so severe they won't learn their lesson and will continue to do it, considering they know their punishment won't harm them. If they get suspended it will show not only him but others that cyber-bullying is wrong, and they should prevent it not cause it.

• The school doesn't control the Internet

It's sad, and this is going to make me sound really heartless, but schools aren't responsible for what goes on on the Internet. It's outside the school sphere. Allowing students to be suspended for things they do outside the school grounds is an incredibly dangerous precedent. If the 'cyberbullying' meets the criteria for what would be counted as illegal - e.G. Harrassment or libel - then it's a criminal matter. But the school shouldn't deny a student the right to education based on something which isn't in the school's jurisdiction. They should teach the student that what they're doing is wrong, and try to encourage reconciliation, but to suspend the student is morally dubious at best.

• Cyber bullying is off campus

Cyber bullying is off campus. This would be like students not doing their homework resulting in suspension. If this became policy, I will be convinced that this nation is half brain-dead and the country will surely be destroyed within ten or fifteen years if a miracle does not happen sooner.

• Delete It, And move on!

If you see a hurtful comment posted about you on a social media website, it's not enough to make you want to kill yourself if you only see it once or twice! If it really hurts you that bad, Don't just sit there staring at it, thinking of everything you have done wrong in your life, wondering how much everyone hates you! DELETE IT!!! And think of all the many wonderful things you have done in your life! Delete it, and move on with your life, trust me whoever posted that is not worth it. You are beautiful in every single way, inside and out!! And a much better person than them!! <3 <3

• It is stupid

They did these things out of school not during school. So they should not be punished in school. If the schools punished the kid in school it would be stupid because that is the parents resoponsibility to watch the kid social medeia. The kids should not be punished for this.

• Not on Campus!

I definitely disagree with cyberbullying. Or any bullying period! But students should not be punished for things they didn't do on the school campus! Just like students don't get rewarded for things they do out of school, so why should they be punished! Cyberbullying is a horrible thing, and I do think if it's in school bullying, it needs to be addressed with the school. Other wise, I don't think it's their business!!!

• No they shouldn't.

I don't even think that they should be punished at school. If a child hits another one at school they get punished correct? That happens on the schools property, not on the internet. The school doesn't run the internet and sometimes everyone forgets that. (Hint- turn off the computer and delete the social media)

• It has nothing to do with school

If the student sees something once, it is not enough to make them kill themselves. If it is reoccuring, it is their duty to block communications with that person, or just leave the page. By not doing so the student is enabling the bullies and giving them ready acess to say hurtful things. It is the same as them seeing someone all the time who bullies them, and then chooses to contunie to see them when they are a few clicks away from never having to deal with them again.

• No i dont think so

I think that teachers shouldn’t deal with cyber bullying at school because it is not happening at school its happening online. Parents need to be dealing with it is there child that’s being bullied and they are the ones letting them have the time on the computers to get bullied. If they know that there child is being bullied they should make a stop to the web or computer if it is that bad and even getting worse. You also can block the person that is talking to you in a mean or bulling way. So that you don’t have to worry about any of the mean things that person has to say anymore.

• You can't control the internet

No matter how hard that the school tries, they can't get rid of the internet. And even if the kids are getting bullied, can't they just delete their facebook or twiiter or Insta or whatever there useing? And if the bullying doesn't happen on the school grounds they can't touch a hair on that kids head. And the isn't allowed to interfere with the childs personal rights. To me that seem creepy to look through there social media.

• Out of school grounds

It has nothing to do with the school it's out of school grounds. Cyber bullying isn't even a major issue and people that commit suicide as a result are nothing but cowards. Is it that hard to delete social media all together if they are being cyber bullied? ? ?

Ragnar says2013-05-22T17:54:36.263
Depends on the level of it.