Should students who commit cyberbullying be suspended from school?

• Hi go outside

Hi. Im not here to argue like all of you little rats. Clearly cyberbullies have the ability to force kids to do things they shouldn't, as well as bullying irl. So its obvious, is it not? Stop arguing. No team, bruh, you lost. Give it up. Stop trying. Go watch TV.Actually, no. ALL OF YOU, UNLOCK YOUR DOORS, OPEN THE BLINDS AND GO OUTSIDE.
    ~ inspector gadget

• Cyberbullying is one of the major causes in teen suicides, and should be stopped.

I am almost toppled by the amount of people that deem cyber-bullying as nothing more than a threat. The fact is, that is completely untrue. The leading causes for suicides in teenagers would be peer bullying or family problems. The developing teenage mind is rather frail when compared to a matured adult, and can be easily manipulated by peers into thinking that they are a "waste of flesh" or other rather cruel things. Take Amanda Todd, for example. Sure, these words might not mean much to an adult, but to a child, these word could mean everything, especially if they came from an anonymous source online.

• I thing that people who want to cyber-bully should get in trouble for it because 1. People Kill themselves because of it

And 2. Don't you guys who say think that if it was you getting cyber-bullies you'd want the school to do something! I'm not trying to be oh oh I know it all because I don't I'm trying to say think about how the people who are getting cyber-bullied feel not how you feel about it!

• If they did it before, they they'll do it again

Cyber-bullying hurts everyone. It affects almost everyone as well. If a child takes a cookie from a cookie jar, if their mom says not to, but they are not punished, they will develop the thought that they will never by punished and keep taking more and more. It is the same with cyber-bullying. If the bullies are not suspended, then more people will be bullied, and they will go rampant around the school. If they are, they will realize that it is wrong and stop.

• Swag swag swag

Cyberbullying is one of the major causes in teen suicides, and should be stopped.

• Cyber bullying has to be stopped.

I steadfastly believe that students that commit cyber bullying should be suspended from school. Cyber bullying is wrong and no one should have to go through it. Although some people say that it has nothing to do with school, I still think they should be suspended. In a way, schools are responsible for some things that go on at home e.G homework and practice, so I think that schools have the right to be able to suspend their pupils from school when they commit cyber bullying.

• It's no different than bullying someone in person

As i already said it is no different than bullying someone in person. I know that the school doesn't control the internet but they can still lower the bullying in the area at the time.. It's a serious issue and a lot of people don't take it seriously at all

• It hurts a ton and you don't always know who it is. You can reread it

It's going to be there for a while people can gang up on you and u can't always just walk away or have a friend step in to grab you and go. The steps for bullying don't apply here at all. It's a whole knew system and technology is growing.

• Have you ever been cyberbullied?

To me it seems a lot of you haven't been cyberbullied. Almost all of you are saying just delete it, just forget about it. But it isn't that simple people. When someone says such rude words to you, you are going to remember what they said. Then, your mind is going to say it isn't true. But, you become so obsessed in this that you begin to think its true. After a long process of this, kids begin to want to commit suicide. Also, in my personal belief, if the cyber bully is getting away with it, they are jsut going to slip under adult radar and start making comments at school. Now, you can't blame the school for this, because you can only catch 1/10 bullying incidents. But, this really needs to limit down, because I am tired of seeing my friends deal with this, and hating going to school.

• Bullying happens everywhere.

When a student get bullied physically outside of school, the school takes care of the bully. Cyber-bullying isn't that different. Bullying is still bullying, no matter where it is. Schools always take care of the physical and verbal bullies, why are cyber bullies different? Sometimes, when cyber bullying get horrible, the police have to step in. If the school had taken care of the problem before it got carried away, millions of victims would probably have been safe from tormenting.

• The school doesn't control the Internet

It's sad, and this is going to make me sound really heartless, but schools aren't responsible for what goes on on the Internet. It's outside the school sphere. Allowing students to be suspended for things they do outside the school grounds is an incredibly dangerous precedent. If the 'cyberbullying' meets the criteria for what would be counted as illegal - e.G. Harrassment or libel - then it's a criminal matter. But the school shouldn't deny a student the right to education based on something which isn't in the school's jurisdiction. They should teach the student that what they're doing is wrong, and try to encourage reconciliation, but to suspend the student is morally dubious at best.

• Cyber bullying is off campus

Cyber bullying is off campus. This would be like students not doing their homework resulting in suspension. If this became policy, I will be convinced that this nation is half brain-dead and the country will surely be destroyed within ten or fifteen years if a miracle does not happen sooner.

• Delete It, And move on!

If you see a hurtful comment posted about you on a social media website, it's not enough to make you want to kill yourself if you only see it once or twice! If it really hurts you that bad, Don't just sit there staring at it, thinking of everything you have done wrong in your life, wondering how much everyone hates you! DELETE IT!!! And think of all the many wonderful things you have done in your life! Delete it, and move on with your life, trust me whoever posted that is not worth it. You are beautiful in every single way, inside and out!! And a much better person than them!! <3 <3

• It is stupid

They did these things out of school not during school. So they should not be punished in school. If the schools punished the kid in school it would be stupid because that is the parents resoponsibility to watch the kid social medeia. The kids should not be punished for this.

• Not on Campus!

I definitely disagree with cyberbullying. Or any bullying period! But students should not be punished for things they didn't do on the school campus! Just like students don't get rewarded for things they do out of school, so why should they be punished! Cyberbullying is a horrible thing, and I do think if it's in school bullying, it needs to be addressed with the school. Other wise, I don't think it's their business!!!

• No they shouldn't.

I don't even think that they should be punished at school. If a child hits another one at school they get punished correct? That happens on the schools property, not on the internet. The school doesn't run the internet and sometimes everyone forgets that. (Hint- turn off the computer and delete the social media)

• It has nothing to do with school

If the student sees something once, it is not enough to make them kill themselves. If it is reoccuring, it is their duty to block communications with that person, or just leave the page. By not doing so the student is enabling the bullies and giving them ready acess to say hurtful things. It is the same as them seeing someone all the time who bullies them, and then chooses to contunie to see them when they are a few clicks away from never having to deal with them again.

• No i dont think so

I think that teachers shouldn’t deal with cyber bullying at school because it is not happening at school its happening online. Parents need to be dealing with it is there child that’s being bullied and they are the ones letting them have the time on the computers to get bullied. If they know that there child is being bullied they should make a stop to the web or computer if it is that bad and even getting worse. You also can block the person that is talking to you in a mean or bulling way. So that you don’t have to worry about any of the mean things that person has to say anymore.

• You can't control the internet

No matter how hard that the school tries, they can't get rid of the internet. And even if the kids are getting bullied, can't they just delete their facebook or twiiter or Insta or whatever there useing? And if the bullying doesn't happen on the school grounds they can't touch a hair on that kids head. And the isn't allowed to interfere with the childs personal rights. To me that seem creepy to look through there social media.

• Out of school grounds

It has nothing to do with the school it's out of school grounds. Cyber bullying isn't even a major issue and people that commit suicide as a result are nothing but cowards. Is it that hard to delete social media all together if they are being cyber bullied? ? ?

Ragnar says2013-05-22T17:54:36.263
Depends on the level of it.