Should students who fail a grade repeat that grade?

• Syada Bareha Fatima

Student should not repeat class or the child will think that it cannot do any thing and not try,If we will gave chance to thm they will try more and work hard to take good marks so he or she not fail again.If child concentrate on studies ot would be good student again

• Yes they should.

It will help students learn the curriculum better. :) if they repeat the grade, they may become successful in the next year and if not, just move onto the next year to see if they achieve something else to get better grades than they did the year before. So yes, I think they should.

• Syada Bareha Fatima

• Yes yes yes

The I'm I I I I I I The The The The The The The Yay I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I You the yield and hjbjhjbjhi I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I And Is Is And And I I Is Has he un huhnuu

• Kids don't understand

Kids don't understand the material that they are learning and especially with math the information builds on each other and if you don't understand the basics how will you understand it when it gets harder and more challenging. Those are some reasons why kids should get held back or fail.

• What about preschool

If children couldn't repeat a grade then they would shut down completely if they are challenged too much at the grade level they are at. Also if children couldn't repeat a grade then every child in preschool would only be able to go to preschool for one year. So children who have gone to preschool for two or three or three years would go to kinder garden too early and would meltdown.

• What about preschool

• People need to flunk

If people didnt try in school we would have a world full of stupid people that never tried in school. Without haveing people flunk we would wouldnt know how to spell and wouldnt know right from wrong. Schools need to flunk people because without it people would just guess on every assignment.

• I think it is a really really good idea.

I know if there was the treat that if I wasn't getting a C average in school and had the threat of being held back I sure would have worked harder just like if there was threat of summer school.

As it is I slaked off and did the bare minimum and left with really poor results which led to me spending 4 year at a sixth form collage instead of 2 years before going to uni.

If we could hold kids back and send them to summer school we would have a more skilled workforce and there for a stronger economic climate.

• Yes, students should be held back if they are failing a grade.

First off, if a student is failing, it clearly shows that they are not fully comprehending the information that they are learning in their current grade level, or that the student is not putting any effort into the work that is given to them. If the student repeats the grade, they have a second chance at trying to learn the information in that grade. Yes, the student may be older than the rest of the students and it may be emotionally degrading, but there are sacrifices you have to make for learning. In the end, it's worth it because the student will understand the information a bit more, and they'll be prepared for the next grade.

• Kids should not have to stay back if they fail a class

I am against students having to repeat a grade if they have failed a class. I am against because I don’t think a student who fails english should have to repeat math too. Also, because no child wants to repeat a grade anyway. And what if the kid was sick most of the year? It’s not there fault they couldn’t study. What if they went on a vacation in the winter and miss just one project and they came back towards the end of the year? Would you really want your child to repeat a hole grade? I think not. And that’s why I think students should not have to repeat a grade if they failed a class.

• They wouldn't know anything going in to their next grade

If a person miss a hole school year they would know nothing about what they are or going to know in the next school year. They could not even go to school at all and still move on. So really you could get a F on everything and still move on.

• If children couldn't repeat a grade then they would shut down completely if they are challenged too much at the grade level they are at.

What about preschool If children couldn't repeat a grade then they would shut down completely if they are challenged too much at the grade level they are at. Also if children couldn't repeat a grade then every child in preschool would only be able to go to preschool for one year. So children who have gone to preschool for two or three or three years would go to kinder garden too early and would meltdown.

• I think no.

IT is stupid and a waste of time. Why learn something you already know. As long as you learn it, you should be fine. And if you need help just ask another person. Its not that hard to walk up to someone and say "How do you find the volume of a sphere?"

• I think no.

• No god dam flunking

People should not flunk. It's a god dam NO! That is just a stupid thing to do. That just puts more pressure on the person It makes them feel bad. Those people get targeted for bullying! Flunking is a dumb dumb dumb dumb thing its Just a NO NO NO!!!! UGH

• No they should not

Because why hi you where when tie fly never because bye fuck you ass whole nigga i have diabetes and my ass is itchy cause of you you you you i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i

• Remediation, not retention

Retention is ineffective, can be emotionally devastating to the student and increases the likelihood the student will not perform well and eventually drop out (retention is the #1 predictor of dropout). Instead schools should track and identify students who are not making adequate progress, whether it's in a particular subject or emotional development, and provide support to that student. There needs to be effective instruction as well.