Should students who fail a grade repeat that grade?

• Yes they should.

It will help students learn the curriculum better. :) if they repeat the grade, they may become successful in the next year and if not, just move onto the next year to see if they achieve something else to get better grades than they did the year before. So yes, I think they should.

• Syada Bareha Fatima

Student should not repeat class or the child will think that it cannot do any thing and not try,If we will gave chance to thm they will try more and work hard to take good marks so he or she not fail again.If child concentrate on studies ot would be good student again

• Syada Bareha Fatima

• Yes yes yes

The I'm I I I I I I The The The The The The The Yay I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I You the yield and hjbjhjbjhi I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I And Is Is And And I I Is Has he un huhnuu

• Kids don't understand

Kids don't understand the material that they are learning and especially with math the information builds on each other and if you don't understand the basics how will you understand it when it gets harder and more challenging. Those are some reasons why kids should get held back or fail.

• What about preschool

If children couldn't repeat a grade then they would shut down completely if they are challenged too much at the grade level they are at. Also if children couldn't repeat a grade then every child in preschool would only be able to go to preschool for one year. So children who have gone to preschool for two or three or three years would go to kinder garden too early and would meltdown.

• What about preschool

• People need to flunk

If people didnt try in school we would have a world full of stupid people that never tried in school. Without haveing people flunk we would wouldnt know how to spell and wouldnt know right from wrong. Schools need to flunk people because without it people would just guess on every assignment.

• I think it is a really really good idea.

I know if there was the treat that if I wasn't getting a C average in school and had the threat of being held back I sure would have worked harder just like if there was threat of summer school.

As it is I slaked off and did the bare minimum and left with really poor results which led to me spending 4 year at a sixth form collage instead of 2 years before going to uni.

If we could hold kids back and send them to summer school we would have a more skilled workforce and there for a stronger economic climate.

• No god dam flunking

People should not flunk. It's a god dam NO! That is just a stupid thing to do. That just puts more pressure on the person It makes them feel bad. Those people get targeted for bullying! Flunking is a dumb dumb dumb dumb thing its Just a NO NO NO!!!! UGH

• No they should not

Because why hi you where when tie fly never because bye fuck you ass whole nigga i have diabetes and my ass is itchy cause of you you you you i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i

• Remediation, not retention

Retention is ineffective, can be emotionally devastating to the student and increases the likelihood the student will not perform well and eventually drop out (retention is the #1 predictor of dropout). Instead schools should track and identify students who are not making adequate progress, whether it's in a particular subject or emotional development, and provide support to that student. There needs to be effective instruction as well.

• It's Educational Malpractice

At first, kids may improve their grades, but the long term effects, 2-3 year later, they are back to struggling. It’s the main reason that kids drop out of school. Kids who are held back are 5 to 11 times more likely to drop out of school! This may be because retention is emotionally devastating for kids. They may believe themselves stupid or incompetent. Studies conducted by Shane Jimerson, PhD., show that being held back is just as stressful as losing a parent or going blind!