Should students who fail a grade repeat that grade?

• Syada Bareha Fatima

Student should not repeat class or the child will think that it cannot do any thing and not try,If we will gave chance to thm they will try more and work hard to take good marks so he or she not fail again.If child concentrate on studies ot would be good student again

• Yes they should.

It will help students learn the curriculum better. :) if they repeat the grade, they may become successful in the next year and if not, just move onto the next year to see if they achieve something else to get better grades than they did the year before. So yes, I think they should.

• Not have to leave hope Muneeb

Because no one has to leave their hope .... Everyone have to hope for the best to get the best ... And all the success is behind the failures . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Yes of course

Let it gooo let it gooo can't hold them back anymoree let it gooo let it goooo turn away and smack that head I don't care what your going to do let them repeat that grade the grades matters most to them. If they don't get good grades they get no college THEY DIE!

• Students who fail a class should have to repeat it because...

Students who fail a class, then get to move on a grade are learning little to nothing. There are students who work there hardest to get where they are. Then there are other students who dont try but they still get to move up a grade. Then they are behind the class, they dont understand, then they fail another class and they just get to keep moving up and failing.

• Hsuaj Sha an

Enemy eke e e e. E e everybody and their family have been playing the game with their own parents they have a good game Je each time Me playing the violin in a book I learning to properly read my books on a book learning book and learning i

• Syada Bareha Fatima

• Yes yes yes

The I'm I I I I I I The The The The The The The Yay I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I You the yield and hjbjhjbjhi I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I And Is Is And And I I Is Has he un huhnuu

• Kids don't understand

Kids don't understand the material that they are learning and especially with math the information builds on each other and if you don't understand the basics how will you understand it when it gets harder and more challenging. Those are some reasons why kids should get held back or fail.

• What about preschool

If children couldn't repeat a grade then they would shut down completely if they are challenged too much at the grade level they are at. Also if children couldn't repeat a grade then every child in preschool would only be able to go to preschool for one year. So children who have gone to preschool for two or three or three years would go to kinder garden too early and would meltdown.

• They wouldn't know anything going in to their next grade

If a person miss a hole school year they would know nothing about what they are or going to know in the next school year. They could not even go to school at all and still move on. So really you could get a F on everything and still move on.

• If children couldn't repeat a grade then they would shut down completely if they are challenged too much at the grade level they are at.

What about preschool If children couldn't repeat a grade then they would shut down completely if they are challenged too much at the grade level they are at. Also if children couldn't repeat a grade then every child in preschool would only be able to go to preschool for one year. So children who have gone to preschool for two or three or three years would go to kinder garden too early and would meltdown.

• I think no.

IT is stupid and a waste of time. Why learn something you already know. As long as you learn it, you should be fine. And if you need help just ask another person. Its not that hard to walk up to someone and say "How do you find the volume of a sphere?"

• I think no.

• No god dam flunking

People should not flunk. It's a god dam NO! That is just a stupid thing to do. That just puts more pressure on the person It makes them feel bad. Those people get targeted for bullying! Flunking is a dumb dumb dumb dumb thing its Just a NO NO NO!!!! UGH

• No they should not

Because why hi you where when tie fly never because bye fuck you ass whole nigga i have diabetes and my ass is itchy cause of you you you you i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i

• Remediation, not retention

Retention is ineffective, can be emotionally devastating to the student and increases the likelihood the student will not perform well and eventually drop out (retention is the #1 predictor of dropout). Instead schools should track and identify students who are not making adequate progress, whether it's in a particular subject or emotional development, and provide support to that student. There needs to be effective instruction as well.

• It's Educational Malpractice

At first, kids may improve their grades, but the long term effects, 2-3 year later, they are back to struggling. It’s the main reason that kids drop out of school. Kids who are held back are 5 to 11 times more likely to drop out of school! This may be because retention is emotionally devastating for kids. They may believe themselves stupid or incompetent. Studies conducted by Shane Jimerson, PhD., show that being held back is just as stressful as losing a parent or going blind!