Should students who score lower than 60% repeat the grade?

• Yes, because other students won't think it is fair.

To the other students seeing someone that may have gave no effort in that grade will make the students think hmm... They did not give any effort. That means I don't have to try to pass my grade. Also seeing a kid just slide by in a grade when you tried, it is not fair.

• Yes, because what if they didn't understand?

In fifth grade, my teacher would always rush through our math lessons and give us a test almost every week. I would sometimes get lost in the middle of a lesson and not understand at all. The next week we received our previous tests, and I had flunked it! It had lowered my grade from an A to a C. Therefore a student who fails a test should be aloud to retake it for maybe half the points.

• Two Words, Summer School

Most schools have a Finals test that determines either they pass or fail the grade. But if they fail most teachers make their students repeat the grade or "flunk". But many schools have a summer school option where the student spends their summer with the regular school schedule to learn the subject(s) more in order to retake the "Final". Just because students with a grade average lower than 60 % doesn't mean their academic performance is bad, many students fail classes because or the teacher, or because of factors that can't be helped

• No, repeating should have to do with the subject failed.

If a student can not read or write or do basic math, then a 60 percent might be reason for repeating,although not without some attempt at coaching because it holds a young person back socially. Other subjects that are not as crucial should have a much lower threshhold before repetition is necessary

• Repeating Not the Answer

If you get below a 60% you should not have to repeat the grade. Repeating the grade serves as an embarrassment, lowering of self esteem, and a loss of friends. Instead of making a child go through that there should be other options. Perhaps requirements to take extra classes to learn the stuff would work.